Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
May 12, 2016 at 8:29 PM Post #35,356 of 48,583
the_sound_of_music__i___sennheiser_hd_800__by_louis_de_bussy-d7l2s19.jpg

There. That should be a little easier on the eyes when entering this thread, now. :wink:

May 12, 2016 at 8:49 PM Post #35,357 of 48,583
I don't have any compunctions about who I am or how I look :D

I would have been seriously happy with both a TH-X00 and HE-400i for as long as you have had yours, no shame in enjoying yours! You know I loved and stuck with the K612 too for years.

May 12, 2016 at 10:33 PM Post #35,361 of 48,583
Wow...didnt know you knew this much about TVs lol.

TVs were my love a lot longer than Headphones were. :D

For me, input lag is a big factor when it comes to gaming, especially FPS games. Of course, nobody wants ghosting either.

This TV has one HDMI input (HDMI 5) that is incredibly fast on input lag. On the realm of 17-20ms, which is mostly unheard of on big name TVs.

The motion handling is almost as good as the best plasmas I've owned, when the TV is working right. It's black response time isn't the best, but the rest is incredibly fast and easily worth it for gamers.

If and when Vizio fixes my particular issue, this TV may be the overall best choice for gamers whoch also want top quality picture quality.

Low input lag, deep blacks, low motion blur (with Clear Action, which the rough equivalent of Nvidia's ULMB), etc.

I finished Uncharted 4 today. Fantastic showcase for the PS4.

Overall, I'd put it behind Uncharted 2 (which to me is the best PS3 game overall, after may TLOU), mostly because UC4 felt like a mostly serene, slower paced Uncharted. I mean, there are a BUNCH of thrills and excitement, yet it didn't quite catch the same level of adventure and spectacle as UC2 and UC3.

But boy, DEM GRAPHICS. Even PC gamers would be awed. How they managed to eek those graphics out on a measly PS4 is... unbelievable. I swear many of the locations moved and looked like they were out of a CGI movie, and not a video game. There were many in game moments that I could SWEAR were pre-rendered cutscenes, but were actually not. Naughty Dog is full of incomparable geniuses.

May 12, 2016 at 10:41 PM Post #35,362 of 48,583
I can read the words but am unable to comprehend them.

You'd better believe it! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors

A lot of technology advancements are much older than most people think; it just takes several years for things to become affordable and mass-produced. I mean, it's only fairly recently that we've had 4K 60 Hz without any tiling tricks (read: multiple logical monitors comprising the actual display, each driven by a different video port).

Now if I could just afford a nice PG279Q... alas, I'm all spent, especially because my day-one Rift CV1 pre-order is NOW PROCESSING. Now that's another display advancement I've been waiting decades for!

May 13, 2016 at 12:28 AM Post #35,363 of 48,583
If I hadn't gotten my TV, I was totally gonna wait for the OLED monitors soon to come, but only if they had some sort of black frame insertion to them still being sample and hold displays that suffer from eye tracking motion blur. OLED has near zero pixel firing response, but that only helps one form of motion blur, not all.

I know they are incorporating bfi for VR OLED displays, so this needs to trickle on over to Tvs and monitors.

May 13, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #35,364 of 48,583

You'd better believe it! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_T220/T221_LCD_monitors

A lot of technology advancements are much older than most people think; it just takes several years for things to become affordable and mass-produced. I mean, it's only fairly recently that we've had 4K 60 Hz without any tiling tricks (read: multiple logical monitors comprising the actual display, each driven by a different video port).

Now if I could just afford a nice PG279Q... alas, I'm all spent, especially because my day-one Rift CV1 pre-order is NOW PROCESSING. Now that's another display advancement I've been waiting decades for!

This monitor has more pixels than all of my screens combined... In 2003...

Tiled 4k monitor sounds like something that would be extremely useful in some cases. Like when you want to have 4 different video sources on one monitor and are too cheap to buy a 1200$ 4K Multiviewer.

May 13, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #35,365 of 48,583
That's one feature I can't believe these 4K tvs don't have (or perhaps I haven't seen), being able to display 4 different sources at 1080p each.

PIP can be useful especially with 4k since you're getting full HD for every quadrant. That's amazing.

But noooooo, let's take features away. :'(

On topic: And the Vizio P of this year (and probably many years in the past but I had no experience with) actually extract Dolby Digital and feed it to its optical out. This is good news for us with devices like the X7, so that you only need to plug in everything to the TV and send its optical out to the optical input on the X7/Mixamp, etc.

All my other TVs in the past couldn't do this, and downconverted everything to stereo.

Unfortunately my laptop doesn't send out Dolby Digital through it's HDMI or Displayport. :frowning2:

That's actually alright through since I wanna use my laptop through the USB for the audio, mainly because if I do, I can use the volume control on my keyboard and wireless keyboard to control the volume of the X7 even if I'm not using the laptop (though it must be on).

I hate using the app for volume control, and the X7 is physically too far for me to use the volume knob. So the wireless keyboard for volume control is awesome.

One thing I hate about the TV is the damn tablet is the the main remote control. I don't have to use it (the Vizio Smartcast app can be used with any recent phone), but I much, much prefer not having to use a touchscreen for remote control duties. The alternative physical remote the TV comes with is barren of commands, and doesn't allow for almost anything but volume, power, and switching inputs/presets (not allowing you to actually tweak them, which I always do).

May 13, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #35,366 of 48,583
Overall, I'd put it behind Uncharted 2 (which to me is the best PS3 game overall, after may TLOU), mostly because UC4 felt like a mostly serene, slower paced Uncharted. I mean, there are a BUNCH of thrills and excitement, yet it didn't quite catch the same level of adventure and spectacle as UC2 and UC3.

I have not even played 4 (i not have PS4) but the I found the Uncharted 3 worst of all, especially of the boat

May 13, 2016 at 5:52 AM Post #35,368 of 48,583
Chat is ok, very convenient actually but other than that it's all about DEDICATED STEREO GAMING or NON-HARDPANNING SBX STEREO

May 13, 2016 at 11:03 AM Post #35,370 of 48,583
TVs were my love a lot longer than Headphones were. :D
This TV has one HDMI input (HDMI 5) that is incredibly fast on input lag. On the realm of 17-20ms, which is mostly unheard of on big name TVs.

The motion handling is almost as good as the best plasmas I've owned, when the TV is working right. It's black response time isn't the best, but the rest is incredibly fast and easily worth it for gamers.

If and when Vizio fixes my particular issue, this TV may be the overall best choice for gamers whoch also want top quality picture quality.

Low input lag, deep blacks, low motion blur (with Clear Action, which the rough equivalent of Nvidia's ULMB), etc.

I finished Uncharted 4 today. Fantastic showcase for the PS4.

But boy, DEM GRAPHICS. Even PC gamers would be awed. How they managed to eek those graphics out on a measly PS4 is... unbelievable. I swear many of the locations moved and looked like they were out of a CGI movie, and not a video game. There were many in game moments that I could SWEAR were pre-rendered cutscenes, but were actually not. Naughty Dog is full of incomparable geniuses.

Very interesting for that Vizio set. I will have a look into it.

We need OLED Tvs already at an affordable price too. Those things look gorgeous and the blacks are soooo black lol.

UC4 does look very good and I will be buying it later on since right now I dont have time for games :frowning2:.

But I guess thats all the power the PS4 has. In order for a game to look really good it really depends on developers delivering that game. Sometimes I feel as if developers halfass a game just in order to meet with a deadline or idk what other reason but thats why we are always having these bugs and whatnot.

I'm a PC gamer and have a PS4, UC4 is one of the reason why I purchased a PS4....and Gran Turismo Sport which hopefully will be released later this year.

But I first must buy a TV....decisions, decisions...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back