Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Jan 13, 2015 at 5:58 PM Post #28,367 of 48,566
  guys i have this 4 option for gamin 
ad700x 150 euro
ad900x 150 euro
akg k612 100 euro used
akg k701 160 euro used
best positional audio
best sound range 
comfort

K612, although it requires amping.

The AD700X and AD900X is a hit or miss with comfort because of its wing system. Not sure how much of a difference there is between the both, only thing I remember from reading about a comparison is that the AD900X has a bit more bass presence but dont know by how much though.

If you have money to spare for an amp, I would go with the K612 out of all of those you listed.

Edit: Are you doing competitive gaming? Dont remember if you asked before.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:19 PM Post #28,368 of 48,566
  K612, although it requires amping.

The AD700X and AD900X is a hit or miss with comfort because of its wing system. Not sure how much of a difference there is between the both, only thing I remember from reading about a comparison is that the AD900X has a bit more bass presence but dont know by how much though.

If you have money to spare for an amp, I would go with the K612 out of all of those you listed.

Edit: Are you doing competitive gaming? Dont remember if you asked before.

ty for the reply..i buy it only for gaming 99% competitive fps like battlefield anc cs go 1% gaming single player...no movies no music ^^ and have soundblaster z with 500 ohm dac

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:21 PM Post #28,369 of 48,566
  ty for the reply..i buy it only for gaming 99% competitive fps like battlefield anc cs go 1% gaming single player...no movies no music ^^ and have soundblaster z with 500 ohm dac

You got your answer already then.  Why are you still asking?

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:23 PM Post #28,371 of 48,566
  I have the DT990's and the X2, and I find the X2 superior in every way. After using the X2's nearly every night since the end of November, I can definitively say that it was the right upgrade for me. I don't think the DT990 is a bad headphone, but I just don't find the sound signature nearly as appealing as the X2.

As far as competitive gaming, the X2 does a good job but the Sennheiser HD598's provide better positioning. 

Here is a very quick and inprecise break down [Note: more > represents a larger degree of discrepancy between the two]
Fun Factor: X2 >>> DT990 > HD598 
Positioning: HD598 > X2 >> DT990
Comfort: HD598 > DT990 > X2

Unfortunately, I don't have the HD 700 so I can't provide a lot of feedback on those. 

This is great information, thank you very much. This is the graph I just pulled up from another website comparing the 598 to the 700. I am no expert and maybe someone here can explain this graph in detail but just from what I am looking at the headphones seem very close in there response but then again I don't know much. 

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #28,372 of 48,566

i have read ad700 have better soundstage,positional audio then k612 but can ad900x or k701 doing better?i have understand k612 is best all around and ad700x gaming focused...then in my list which is the best for my needing?i have read ad700 have large soundstage but more eliptical then k612 is real?

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:27 PM Post #28,373 of 48,566
  i have read ad700 have better soundstage,positional audio then k612 but can ad900x or k701 doing better?i have understand k612 is best all around and ad700x gaming focused...then in my list which is the best for my needing?i have read ad700 have large soundstage but more eliptical then k612 is real?

You will literally be SUPER happy with any of those.  Stop overthinking it and just get the cheapest one.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:43 PM Post #28,374 of 48,566

Whats wrong with asking? He can ask all he wants, its really hard to chose a headphone that will suit anyone's sound preference and comfort, as well as price/budget.

For some of us, its easier to purchase several headphones to see which we like best, for some, it isn't easy.

:wink:

Hope you understand right?

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:48 PM Post #28,375 of 48,566
There's nothing wrong with asking unless you're giving no new information and you're disregarding the answers that have already been given.  

The fact is there's a very thorough guide on page one of this thread that already answered his questions.  It's got all the information you could possibly want on every headphone he's asking about.  His question isn't unique in any way.  Read the guide, pick the best one for your needs.  If you refuse to read the guide AND refuse to accept the answers you're given, why the hell are you in here asking questions?

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:49 PM Post #28,376 of 48,566

Whats wrong with asking? He can ask all he wants, its really hard to chose a headphone that will suit anyone's sound preference and comfort, as well as price/budget.

For some of us, its easier to purchase several headphones to see which we like best, for some, it isn't easy.

:wink:

Hope you understand right?

exactly i can t afford an a wrong buy ^^ ty for that reply...i need help from you guys please i m sorry for so much questions ^^

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:53 PM Post #28,377 of 48,566
  There's nothing wrong with asking unless you're giving no new information and you're disregarding the answers that have already been given.  

The fact is there's a very thorough guide on page one of this thread that already answered his questions.  It's got all the information you could possibly want on every headphone he's asking about.  His question isn't unique in any way.  Read the guide, pick the best one for your needs.  If you refuse to read the guide AND refuse to accept the answers you're given, why the hell are you in here asking questions?

I agree with that with every sense of the word, but even then sometimes people will still ask questions regardless of what they have read in the first page. Like you said, its a guide, its a reference in which they can base on what they might like or not, comfort, sound and price wise.
But there are other things to take into account like amps, mics, cabling, etc etc

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:16 PM Post #28,378 of 48,566
  I agree with that with every sense of the word, but even then sometimes people will still ask questions regardless of what they have read in the first page. Like you said, its a guide, its a reference in which they can base on what they might like or not, comfort, sound and price wise.
But there are other things to take into account like amps, mics, cabling, etc etc

wait i have read a guide and i like all real comp headphone in my budget
ad700x 150 euro
k701 160 euro used
q701  out of my range
k612  100 euro used
ad900x not in list and not reviewed 150 euro
i now ask i have found at this price and need to find the best for my use and my needing
i use 99% 1st person shooter like bf and cs go
1% for single player games 
not music
not film
i need:
best range of capture the sound
best positional audio accuracy possible
best comfort 
it s all ^^ for this price which is best headphone for my use?
i have to buy soundblaster z + a clip mic soon...sbz have 500 ohm amp 

Jan 13, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #28,380 of 48,566
  wait i have read a guide and i like all real comp headphone in my budget
ad700x 150 euro
k701 160 euro used
q701  out of my range
k612  100 euro used
ad900x not in list and not reviewed 150 euro
i now ask i have found at this price and need to find the best for my use and my needing
i use 99% 1st person shooter like bf and cs go
1% for single player games 
not music
not film
i need:
best range of capture the sound
best positional audio accuracy possible
best comfort 
it s all ^^ for this price which is best headphone for my use?
i have to buy soundblaster z + a clip mic soon...sbz have 500 ohm amp 

Ok buddy, you are asking basically the same thing over and over again. And I would say again. K612 and get a good amp.

forget about the ad900x, its similar to the ad700x with a slightly bigger soundstage and more noticable low end.

K701, Its great for competitve gaming but comfort wise, not great.

It comes down to the K612, has great comfort, pretty much great for competitive fps all you need is an amp to bring the best of them.

Edit: I know you want to get different responses but you will get the same answer.

also, you have a Sound Blaster Z, it has enough juice to drive those K612 very well. Also, use the beamforming mic that comes with the SB Z. I have been using it and people say they hear me loud and clear, have not had any problems at all so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back