Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Sep 29, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #26,311 of 48,583
Theres no SIMPLE better. They are all very good with tradeoffs. You need to understand that all decent headphones more or less do the same things well, some slightly being better in certain frequencies, some being better in others. Its not like sounds disappear from one headphone to the next.

Read the reviews and decide which sounds most appealing to you. That's it. We were JUST discussing this.

I can take a headphone that I personally rated a 7, and do just as well as a headphone with a 10. Get it?

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:22 AM Post #26,312 of 48,583
Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Theres nessun SEMPLICE migliore. Sono tutti molto buoni con compromessi. È necessario capire che tutte le cuffie decenti, più o meno fare le stesse cose bene, alcuni un po 'di essere meglio in certe frequenze, alcuni sono meglio di altri. I suoi suoni non come scompaiono da una cuffia all'altra. Leggi i commenti e decidere che suona più attraente per voi. Questo è tutto. Stavamo solo discutendo questo. posso prendere una cuffia che personalmente ha votato 7, e fare altrettanto bene come una cuffia con un 10 Get It?

u ve tryed ad700x k701 q701 dt990 and akg k612...if u need 1 of that for competitive player fps 80% and other games 20% what u buy?

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #26,313 of 48,583
Citazione:
Originalmente inviato da Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Theres nessun SEMPLICE migliore. Sono tutti molto buoni con compromessi. È necessario capire che tutte le cuffie decenti, più o meno fare le stesse cose bene, alcuni un po 'di essere meglio in certe frequenze, alcuni sono meglio di altri. I suoi suoni non come scompaiono da una cuffia all'altra. Leggi i commenti e decidere che suona più attraente per voi. Questo è tutto. Stavamo solo discutendo questo. posso prendere una cuffia che personalmente ha votato 7, e fare altrettanto bene come una cuffia con un 10 Get It?

esserefor foosteeps directional audio and accuracy but with immersive sound without sacrifice so much competitive profile is the akg k612 the best of the list for this use?

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #26,314 of 48,583
Originalmente inviato da Mad Lust Envy 

Damn, MLE's Italian isn't too shabby. 
evil_smiley.gif

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:49 AM Post #26,316 of 48,583
Considering an Italian metal group is my favorite.... :D

Lacuna Coil... I simply must see them in 3 weeks.

Sep 29, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #26,317 of 48,583
lacuna coil is great group :wink:...can u raccomand me akg k612 for competitive 80% and 20% single player games over the other?are they accurated with great soundstage immersivity and positional audio?u say : with k701 i can hear when enemy cross one point and can prefire him (nice 
tongue_smile.gif
) can akg k612 do this and can compete with ad700x k701 without sacrifice so much sound quality and immersivity? 

Sep 29, 2014 at 10:43 AM Post #26,319 of 48,583
  better then ad700,dt990,q701,k701 for gaming?in competitive?

Go read my post on the last page.

Then buy the one that you already decided was the best for you, the K612.

Sep 29, 2014 at 12:15 PM Post #26,320 of 48,583
  hi guy s i m looking for a best gaming headphone under 200 euro,i m competitive player i need a headphone with huge soundestage optimal direction and accuracy for positional audio(like a wallhack :D)i have read the guide and i m looking between
ad700x                                          fun 6 com 10 
dt990                                            fun 8.5 com 8 
akg k612(my vote)                        fun 7.25 com 9 
hd558(pc360 headphone)            fun 6 com 9 
akg k701                                       fun 6 com 10 
i know that score,akg k701 and ad700 are the best but aren t fun,they aren t immersive,gaming isn t only foots step or positional audio.don t wanna listel a bomb explosione like a bam....sxxt is a boom!!:)...akg k612 have good comp rating 9 and good fun 7.25....but have good soundstage directional audio and accuracy?someone suggest it for me or some other choise is better for me?i use soundblaster z with 600 ohm for amp

Dude, rating is subjective. Also, read what is said in the actual reviews instead of looking at the scores only.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:08 PM Post #26,321 of 48,583
Get a K612. Not much better at that price range. MA900 would be a viable alternative for more immersion, but sadly, prices have skyrocketed.

Axel, HE400 WITH ALCANTARA PADS IMPRESSIONS, PLZ

I will when I get a chance! ;P I need a bit of time to swap and listen. I'm handling at least 2-3 new PMs on the sale every day, it's kinda funny how they still haven't sold.

Maybe I'll try it tonight with some Destiny. Wonder how the pairing would work for gaming.

Sep 29, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #26,323 of 48,583

Let's see if the MDR-Z7 price drops MA900 style in 2 years. 
evil_smiley.gif

That would be a dream come true.
Somehow I am hypnotized by them. They look rock solid, the 70mm driver is promising, the earpads seem to be fantastic, nice cables.... I have to jump to the MDR-Z7 flagship thread... just to see some pics... :D

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:06 PM Post #26,324 of 48,583
I just got my Philips X1 and Vmoda BoomPro,  and its a terrific setup for gaming, specially the microphone is really good in terms of quality, i done very brief testing, but everybody (over 40 different persons) prefer the VModa Boom pro microphone over my UBS Rode Podecaster and UBS Yeti Blue, that imo are much better mics, but they say it sound much clearer and its like having me next to them.  Also I own Modmic 2.0, 3.0 and recently aquired the 4.0, i did some testing between the three with 5 people on mumble entering on my omega eclaro soundcard, and i from their feedback, they prefered also the boompro, very close by Midmic 2.0, some couldn't tell which was which, but on the modmic 3.0 and 4.0 all said were less detailed than the 2.0 and the Vmoda Boompro.  The only downside of the Vmoda Boompro is its not noise cancelling, keyboard typing its very esiliy heard so are ambient noise, where the modmic is much better.

Now on the Phillips X1, im pretty satisfied with its comfort, really a great headphone, specially for gaming, love the velour padding and its very comfortable for me to wear for hours.  Now on the sound.... i feel as i have felt with most of the Open headphones, its much more detailed in mids and high, and has very detailed bass, but lacks the fun part, its not like my Ultrasone 900Pro where its a much more fun headphone for my taste.  Ill be ordering a Astro Mixamp 2011 edition to test it on the PS4, but as right now i see them more like AD700 than the 900pro in terms of fun, in terms of positional... the X1 imo are amazing as they AD700 are, maybe a little less in terms of having more bass than the AD700... but still a very well good.  Overall im pleased with the heaphones, just i was expecting a more fun, maybe with the mixamp it can change some.

Sep 29, 2014 at 2:27 PM Post #26,325 of 48,583
After trying the Astro A50s, Skullcandy PLYR1, and most recently the Steelseries H, I am not satisfied with the audio quality and price/performance of any of them.

As much as I liked the freedom and interoperability of a wireless gaming headset, the audio quality isn't there. The fact that none of the headsets could compete with my $80 MDR-V6s was a bummer in itself. The Steelseries H for example has the really swank base with configurable EQ, volume adjustment, etc, but none of that can make up for how muddy music sounded at a $300 price point.

I guess I'm going to go with a set of wired phones.

I still don't have a solution for using the same set with all of my consoles in addition to my PC, but I mostly do PC gaming nowadays on account of this generation of consoles thus far being mediocre, and a lot of titles being cross-plat anyway.

The above mentioned Phillips X1 look interesting. I'm willing to spend in the ±$300 range, so I'm open to suggestions for a good setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back