Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 22, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #23,191 of 48,566
My 360 model (newest one "E") cannot use that older adapter. Here's what the back of my console looks like:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/kb_upload/image/Xbox%20360%20E%20Back.jpg

The adapter I was talking about before (HDMI in then HDMI out/Optical out):

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/audio-converter-parts/ear-force-hd-audio-converter/421

My big TV has optical out (which I assume I could do with the 5.8 mixamp.. but I mostly play my console on my monitor (shared with my computer) which only has HDMI and DVI... still I love my 27" Asus. :)

Apr 22, 2014 at 12:14 PM Post #23,192 of 48,566
Quite a find. Man, you fell into this hobby DEEP!

I've been keeping an eye out for a cheap 5.8.  I prefer the THX to the DH and I have DH through my AVR if I want it... but I am really not into all the wires that I have to deal with every time I want to sit down to game... and when I finish gaming.  It's sad, but I may have to give up my $5 Recon. 
frown.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:05 PM Post #23,193 of 48,566
Such a shame that Astro stopped making the 5.8. It's not impossible to find though. I wanna beat myself in the arse for selling my first one. Ah well, all's well that ends well. Just wish i still have a ps3 usb chat cable. That's what I get for buying the 5.8 alone.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:21 PM Post #23,194 of 48,566
Such a shame that Astro stopped making the 5.8. It's not impossible to find though. I wanna beat myself in the arse for selling my first one. Ah well, all's well that ends well. Just wish i still have a ps3 usb chat cable. That's what I get for buying the 5.8 alone.

I decided to go ahead and get the a40 w/ 5.8 that I found on amazon in like new condition. I saw some RX and TX separates on ebay, but figured buying the way I did basically gives me the cans for $40 extra.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #23,196 of 48,566
  My 360 model (newest one "E") cannot use that older adapter. Here's what the back of my console looks like:

http://www.turtlebeach.com/kb_upload/image/Xbox%20360%20E%20Back.jpg

The adapter I was talking about before (HDMI in then HDMI out/Optical out):

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/audio-converter-parts/ear-force-hd-audio-converter/421

My big TV has optical out (which I assume I could do with the 5.8 mixamp.. but I mostly play my console on my monitor (shared with my computer) which only has HDMI and DVI... still I love my 27" Asus. :)

On man. What was Microsoft thinking? They got tons of complaints about the lack of optical on the launch consoles so they added it with an adapter. Why on earth would they remove it? O_o

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #23,197 of 48,566

Do you play bf4?

Not yet. I used to game a lot on the PC, but then decided to go back to the 360... I bought so many games the last year (mostly random deals here and there, some used, etc instead of always paying full price at launch) and I have probably close to 20 games that I need to either start or complete. LOL

I almost bought the XB1, but because it's not backwards compatible, and I have so many 360 games to complete, I did not bother yet. I was especially angry when I found out that NHL 14 was NOT coming to the XB1 or PS4 and that I would have to wait for NHL 15.

However, I am an extremely impulsive shopper, so I am pretty sure that I will buy one soon. I've been seeing XB1 bundles with Titanfall and Forza 5 for as low as $450 (they sell out quick) and it's very tempting. I did play some BF3 on PC and PS3, but didn't really like it TBH (I was big into BF2 back in the day on PC). How is BF4? I heard for the first month or so after release that it was really glitchy in multiplayer.

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #23,198 of 48,566
  Not yet. I used to game a lot on the PC, but then decided to go back to the 360... I bought so many games the last year (mostly random deals here and there, some used, etc instead of always paying full price at launch) and I have probably close to 20 games that I need to either start or complete. LOL

I almost bought the XB1, but because it's not backwards compatible, and I have so many 360 games to complete, I did not bother yet. I was especially angry when I found out that NHL 14 was NOT coming to the XB1 or PS4 and that I would have to wait for NHL 15.

However, I am an extremely impulsive shopper, so I am pretty sure that I will buy one soon. I've been seeing XB1 bundles with Titanfall and Forza 5 for as low as $450 (they sell out quick) and it's very tempting. I did play some BF3 on PC and PS3, but didn't really like it TBH (I was big into BF2 back in the day on PC). How is BF4? I heard for the first month or so after release that it was really glitchy in multiplayer.

BF4 is getting better. I play on 360 though. I've heard there are minimal problems with it on XB1.

Here's a tip to people who have issues with it on Xbox, go to you xbox settings, go to your storage device, go to where game data is saved, and then delete all the multiplayer updates except the most recent one. You should have no problems with freezes after that.

Here are my stats for anyone who wants to look :wink:
http://bf4stats.com/xbox/oo%20trauma

Apr 22, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #23,199 of 48,566

Two things:  First, the bundles are with Titanfall OR Forza, not both.  Second, Titanfall is on sale for Amazon's deal of the day... $37.  Get the Forza bundle and cheap Titanfall for maximum awesome! 
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #23,200 of 48,566
  Two things:  First, the bundles are with Titanfall OR Forza, not both.  Second, Titanfall is on sale for Amazon's deal of the day... $37.  Get the Forza bundle and cheap Titanfall for maximum awesome! 
beerchug.gif

I've also seen the bundles of console + TF or Forza, but yesterday, Newegg had the XB1 with a physical copy of TF + Forza 5 download code for $450 shipped. The deal changed to $499 a couple hours after I saw the initial post on bensbargains, or maybe it was slickdeals.

Oh also, Sears had the Wii U (in store only) for $99 yesterday at various locations around the country. Don't know if it's still going on. I can't wait for my A40s to come in now. :D

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #23,201 of 48,566
  I've also seen the bundles of console + TF or Forza, but yesterday, Newegg had the XB1 with a physical copy of TF + Forza 5 download code for $450 shipped. The deal changed to $499 a couple hours after I saw the initial post on bensbargains, or maybe it was slickdeals.

I gotcha.  So it's a random deal thing, not a regular thing.  Well if you could get that for $450, it's a steal.  I really like both games and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them if you're at all interested in the Xbone.  PvZ:Garden Warfare is also surprisingly deep and replayable.

Apr 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #23,202 of 48,566

Not many games on next gen yet..you can take your time before you buy a new one pwoznic.. I went from xbox360 to ps4 and glad I did..preordered watchdogs and will buy trials fusion in a couple of days time..not that much out to buy..i have bf4 and outlast on ps4 and that's it, i had infamous second son but traded it in for bf4!

Apr 22, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #23,203 of 48,566
So I love the AKG K702 65 annies that I have. The problem is the lack of a microphone, so far I purchased the $2.99 mic you guys had linked... I am on #5 now they ALWAYS Break. Mainly due to how the cord gets in the way of the computer chair and ....

Can anyone record a clip on bluetooth mic that I could use? I figure this way I could just connect it to the headphones and when I want it on it would work... 

Any ideas? I was thinking maybe there was a bluetooth option to eliminate the wire.

Apr 22, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #23,204 of 48,566
If you're using it at a computer desk, why don't you just get a desk mic?  The one built-in to the SB Omni works just fine.  I imagine there are plenty of similar products that aren't attached directly to a sound card but do the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back