Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (8/18/2022: iFi GO Blu Review Added)
Apr 21, 2014 at 7:07 PM Post #23,163 of 48,566
  I vote sell off the Recon3D USB and put that money towards a set of HE90. You won't regret it.

Yes, I'll listen to it through my ****ty Dell laptop.  It'll be perfect!

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:20 PM Post #23,165 of 48,566

Nah, if you shell out for the HE90, I'd at least donate my Dragonfly to the cause. :p

Well I *was* saving up for a Tesla, but if you're donating the Dragonfly...

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:25 PM Post #23,167 of 48,566

Ooooh, which Tesla? I'm enjoying mine more than I did my HD650.

*edit* Unless you mean the car company. Which is also awesome.

I was talking about the $120k car.  It's... a long-term plan...  >.>

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:33 PM Post #23,168 of 48,566
If someone doesn't realize that your opinion is your opinion is your opinion is used when making comparisons, then I will print out all 1500 pages of this thread, bind it in a book, and beat them with it.

I like this man, can you come to my store and beat some sense into my customers?
Different headphones will make sense to different people.

you guys should try the Creative Play! it has CMSS-3D ....

But does it process 5.1 Dolby from consoles, like the Recon3D USB does?
And... will it blend?

Well I *was* saving up for a Tesla, but if you're donating the Dragonfly...

My grandfather is accepting delivery of his Tesla Model S on Wednesday. My thought that he is crazy is overshadowed by how cool it will be to see a tesla in person, maybe even try it out. He asked me to help him set it up.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:34 PM Post #23,169 of 48,566
Ooooh, which Tesla? I'm enjoying mine more than I did my HD650.

*edit* Unless you mean the car company. Which is also awesome.

Oh, I thought he WAS talking about the car company. You COULD get one at a (mere) $80 for a baseline model.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:38 PM Post #23,170 of 48,566
My grandfather is accepting delivery of his Tesla Model S on Wednesday. My thought that he is crazy is overshadowed by how cool it will be to see a tesla in person, maybe even try it out. He asked me to help him set it up.

They're generally rated as one of the best cars of all time.  The highway safety institute had to use a forklift to roll-test the car because they couldn't get it to roll on purpose; it's off the charts for safety.  It's also got a 3 second 0-60 time.  And it's gorgeous.  And it uses no gasoline.

There's nothing crazy about wanting that car.

I was being facetious about saving up for a Model S, but they are planning on releasing a "more affordable" model in the next few years (Think $50k range).  I'm aiming for that one.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:41 PM Post #23,171 of 48,566
Hey, I already pointed out what my issue was numerous times... and it was not the comparisons. He was the one that went to the extreme and removed them. *shrugs*

So... beat me baby... beat me... :wink:

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #23,172 of 48,566

They're generally rated as one of the best cars of all time.  The highway safety institute had to use a forklift to roll-test the car because they couldn't get it to roll on purpose; it's off the charts for safety.  It's also got a 3 second 0-60 time.  And it's gorgeous.  And it uses no gasoline.

There's nothing crazy about wanting that car.

I was being facetious about saving up for a Model S, but they are planning on releasing a "more affordable" model in the next few years (Think $50k range).  I'm aiming for that one.

Honestly something like a 3 second 0-60 is not off the charts in terms of electric engines. Since they have the charge pre-generated, the second you open the taps it sends that power directly to the drive system. As electric vehicles become more common, you'll see that time fairly regularly assuming the designers don't build the car our of lead and concrete. That said, I did enjoy the drive in a Tesla Roadster when a friend let me take his for a spin. I wasn't used to the acceleration of an electric car and it had me stunned for a moment. This is coming from my daily drive, a Ford Focus ZX3. So sad the Tesla/Lotus deal came to an end; it was a gorgeous mind in a gorgeous body. I'm looking forward to the future $40-50k Tesla.

What I really want is for Fiat to stop procrastinating and bring over the Alfa Romeo MiTo and their Punto and Panda models to America.

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:50 PM Post #23,173 of 48,566
So... beat me baby... beat me...
wink.gif

I need an adult!

Apr 21, 2014 at 8:01 PM Post #23,175 of 48,566
And that is exactly why I got the K702 Annies instead of the Q701.  I had the same discomfort issue with the Q701, but fortunately I was able to try them at a store so I didn't have to pay for the privilege of regretting that purchase.  If you like the Q701 sound then look for the K712pro or K702 65th Anniversary, whichever you can find cheaper.  It's a night and day comfort difference.  The Sennheiser HD598 are also very comfy, but the sound is different, not as good as the Annies IMHO.  The HD650 will clamp even harder than the Q701 on your jaws so that's probably not a good pick either.  I haven't tried the HD700 so I can't comment on that.

Ordered the k712's to try them out today, not sure what to do if these give me pain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back