Headphones you regretted buying the most
May 6, 2013 at 10:29 PM Post #1,276 of 1,852
Quote:
^ +1. I had a similar experience with the HE-400, although I wouldn't describe my feelings about the sound signature as a "hate". More like a "meh".

haha I was going to buy those HE-400 till I put those heavy turds on my head and they filled my ears with pure mud!!
I was shocked at the heavy dark sound that came out!

monster diamond tears for $300 was the worst pile of dull crap with a death grip vice lock on my head..
Also a fingerprint magnet and dust and hair magnet on gummy headband.

the funny part of this thread is that we all think we are getting a sweet new can after we read some hype,
and you finally get to first put them on, then they make your face prune with turd sound lol

May 7, 2013 at 5:57 AM Post #1,281 of 1,852
HD201... Then got a HD598 a few days later -.-

It's abit of 50/50
It was a good starter headphone that made me go "wow I never knew things could sound so good and comfortable", and then I went to a dedicated headphone store to try others out :p

Ever since the switch I can't stand using in ear headphones anymore which were the cx300, Sony headphones etc

May 7, 2013 at 11:03 AM Post #1,283 of 1,852
Beats Solo HD.

Strictly speaking it came with my phone, but it was part of the purchase nonetheless.
confused_face.gif

I would've preferred to have gotten a discount and not get the headphone.

May 7, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #1,284 of 1,852
Sennheiser PXC450.  They sound inaccurate with the power turned off and I thought they'd work fine without the battery on.  I was hoping they'd perform better than the Bose stuff because Sennheiser spend less money on marketing.  The PXC450's were disappointing both in sound quality and noise cancellation.  Get a pair of in-ear monitors instead.

May 8, 2013 at 6:34 AM Post #1,286 of 1,852
Quote:
Alessandro MS-1. How could anybody call this an "audiophile bargain" is beyond me. Disappointing not so much for the lack of comfort (I found them reasonably comfortable) and not for the lack of soundstage (I found the soundstage ok and not a problem at all).

The problem for me was the "grainy" quality of the sound. Piano notes had no body at all and sounded almost "sandpapery". My Koss Porta Pro, while a bit less detailed, were almost as good in every other respect and certainly less grainy. Really a disappointment, my lps sounded almost like AM radio.

wow ... out of the 120+ headphones I had when i was running fakeheaphones.com (now offline) these were amongst the better headphones in my collection. Certainly when in the UK you account for the cost of these against the SR-60's, i stand by them and say; Yes ... in the UK especially, they are an audiophile bargain.

May 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #1,288 of 1,852

Don't forget the awful ergonomics (the stock tips are unusable and even then, there's no guarantee the things will even fit in your ear).

They sound pretty great with EQ if you're surgical about it and know what you're doing. However, the fit and finish is pretty bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back