Headphones you regretted buying the most
Feb 19, 2010 at 2:10 PM Post #123 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HD595. It was good at the time of purchase because it introduced the open-back sound but honestly at this point, it just doesn't cut it. Might have to sell it at some point.

I sold mine after 1 hour of listening and the resultant headache, they were previously broken in. I hated them. The HD600/650 are much better if you like senns, otherwise get the MS1's they are a fantastic value.

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #125 of 1,852
Looking back, I feel that I could have waited a bit longer before purchasing the SRH840. It doesn't mean that I did not enjoy it and regret it, but I kind of rushed into buying it too quickly with the early comments of it being "a fullsize version of SE530". Main reason why I was so enticed by that comment was because I love the SE530 mids so much, and that was ultimately why I ended up selling it; IMO their mids are absolutely NOTHING like the SE530 mids and the similarities, which do exist, lie elsewhere.

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:15 PM Post #126 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looking back, I feel that I could have waited a bit longer before purchasing the SRH840. It doesn't mean that I did not enjoy it and regret it, but I kind of rushed into buying it too quickly with the early comments of it being "a fullsize version of SE530". Main reason why I was so enticed by that comment was because I love the SE530 mids so much, and that was ultimately why I ended up selling it; IMO their mids are absolutely NOTHING like the SE530 mids and the similarities, which do exist, lie elsewhere.

LOL...this is exactly my experience too with the SRH840s. I think I sold them in about 2 weeks. They were nice, just nowhere as nice as the SE530s.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #127 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL...this is exactly my experience too with the SRH840s. I think I sold them in about 2 weeks. They were nice, just nowhere as nice as the SE530s.
biggrin.gif

Yup... at the time, I was in an elusive search for a fullsize headphone that had the SE530 mids... and when I saw the SRH840 with the "fullsize SE530 comment", I thought I had hit the jackpot... but it wasn't the case unfortunately.
tongue.gif
To date I still haven't found a full sizer that can replicate the SE530-ish mids, although RS1 with flats did come close... (well, I find my ESW10JPN mids beat it, but that's not full size). It's the reason why I'm keeping a close eye on T1 comments right now, as I recall your comment not too long ago about T1 mids being close to the 530 mids!
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:29 PM Post #128 of 1,852
i've regretted every IEM purchase i've made. Shure, Klipsch, UE. the works.
I tried four pairs before realizing that I just don't like sticking crap in my ears. Besides, when you are apparently as asymmetrical as i am, what fits one ear won't fit the other ear.
tongue_smile.gif

so, i bought the koss porta pro and haven't looked back since.
smile_phones.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #129 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWuss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i've regretted every IEM purchase i've made. Shure, Klipsch, UE. the works.
I tried four pairs before realizing that I just don't like sticking crap in my ears. Besides, when you are apparently as asymmetrical as i am, what fits one ear won't fit the other ear.
tongue_smile.gif

so, i bought the koss porta pro and haven't looked back since.
smile_phones.gif

Good man. I completely agree. While still wanting to try a pair of Klipsch X5's one of these days, I haven't found any portable option quite as satisfying and affordable as the PortaPro. Just sent my ailing pair in for replacement up here in Canada. I hope that they will be able to offer a smooth turnaround. I miss those things!

Feb 19, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #131 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's the reason why I'm keeping a close eye on T1 comments right now, as I recall your comment not too long ago about T1 mids being close to the 530 mids!
tongue_smile.gif

Actually owning the SE530s (and still loving them), the T1's mids are much better still.
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:40 PM Post #133 of 1,852
A900.

Sounded great to my greenhorn ears back in 2005 on the first german meet, but turned out to be awful midfi **** when they came into my possession 18 months later.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #134 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by parskey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I find this thread really amusing and I think it drive home the point that ultimately its a matter of what sounds good to your ears.

This thread is not a revelation, but still fairly eyeopening. Really hits home about my need to not dive headfirst into another expensive "hobby" where I second guess my decisions, and the only remedy is spending more.

Ive heard the SRH840, I like them, and I'm going to buy them and not look back. The sound good to me, and that is all I need.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back