Headphones you regretted buying the most
Feb 19, 2010 at 2:04 AM Post #107 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by my.self /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ath-es7. VERY uncomfortable, hurts when u wear them. headband comes out making it look weird, ear cups can get finger prints or smudged or scratched VERY easily

They're pretty comfortable, I find, for portables. And of all the portables I've tried, they sound the best and most dynamic after wear-in. But like the other AT portables I've really used, they have a **long** break-in period.

Feb 19, 2010 at 4:15 AM Post #108 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by clarinetman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Where do you get the cash to do stuff like that?

I'm also 15, so if you shared your insight I would appreciate it.
biggrin.gif

Bought the ALO-780 for $350usd used and shipped to Australia
smile.gif
. I used to have a job and bought a lot of things. Since I have sold them and gotten into audio and bought some stuff. Upgraded and then my mum needed to buy a new car etc. So we borrowed some money and for X-mas I got like $4000 worth of stuff
biggrin.gif
Built a $2600 computer and bought a few audio things
smile.gif
. Getting a job is your best bet. Buy stuff, sell it on here and upgrade.

Feb 19, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #109 of 1,852
I purchases some fake Apple dual-driver IEMs and realized that they were probably counterfeit, fortunately the Amazon Marketplace seller let me cancel.

I also ordered those $15 Chinese full-sized woodies, tried to cancel but never heard back, I regret that for sure!

Never regretted a pair that I purchased and received yet though, knock on wood
bigsmile_face.gif

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:09 AM Post #110 of 1,852
Haha, based on this thread, there are no good cans out there. It does go to show that we all have our personal tastes, and you can't please everyone.

I really don't regret my headphone purchases. If you don't like em, sell em. Take a small loss and realize that the next person might love them.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:13 AM Post #113 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by catachresis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They're pretty comfortable, I find, for portables. And of all the portables I've tried, they sound the best and most dynamic after wear-in. But like the other AT portables I've really used, they have a **long** break-in period.

Agreed. I think my ES7 really only started to sing after 300 hours of burn-in, and the bass became more noticeable after around 400 hours. I haven't really had an issue with comfort either.

My only regret is a pair of Phillips HN060 IEMs. The first pair I had sounded decent but they only sounded good when the battery-powered amp/noise canceler was on. These broke within 3 months, and the RMA pair were atrocious, and have been sitting in a drawer ever since.

Feb 19, 2010 at 7:30 AM Post #115 of 1,852
ATH SJ1

Feb 19, 2010 at 9:45 AM Post #117 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by roker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sennheiser HD 570

Definitely second this. They're simply awful..... no redeeming qualities whatsoever so far as SQ is concerned. I only use mine if I want to practice my digital piano at night because they are, ironically enough, the most comfortable headphones I've ever worn. You can't even tell they're on.

I'd put my K701s as a close second. Not because they are a bad headphone per se, but I jumped back into the "high end" headphone game with both feet with these and they ended up being an incredibly poor match to my tastes and tonal balance preferences. I only still have them because I just don't make enough money to try again any time I want.

Feb 19, 2010 at 10:07 AM Post #118 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by koven /img/forum/go_quote.gif
easily the AD700

Agreed. Bright and coarse and generally horrible. Can't imagine why they're so popular.

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #119 of 1,852
Quote:

Originally Posted by pp312 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. Bright and coarse and generally horrible. Can't imagine why they're so popular.

I didn't like them much at all when I first got them, but now I really think they are dang good. Lack of bass, but it's defined. The highs seemed awfully sharp at first, but either they mellowed out with burn in, or my ears just got used to it.

Didn't like the A900 I bought though; sounded muddy in the low/low-mids, and the highs weren't anywhere near as detailed as the AD700.

Feb 19, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #120 of 1,852
I've lately come to regret buying my Triple Fi 10's. I've had to replace the cable 3 times. The UE cable has pathetic durability. I treat these earphones like a newborn baby, yet somehow, the cable always manages to snap after a few months use.
I have ibuds that have been chucked around, stepped on, scrunched up in my gym bag, and yet the cable is still in perfect working order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back