Grado Fan Club!
Jun 23, 2019 at 5:53 PM Post #39,886 of 65,605
cool! any requirements to purchase this hf3 like previous hf series? or is it widely available in every grado dealers and anyone are able to buy this headphone like buying a normal headphone :D
20190622_223623.jpg

@ruhenheiM
(and others):

Grado Labs had cards at the show to distribute to anyone who was interested in acquiring a pair of HF3 headphone. You can either scan the QR barcode in the photo of this card that I've provided above, or you can just go to the link printed on the card:

https://www.4ourears.net/hf3_p/4e-hf3.htm

The link is to a "hidden" webpage (under the category of 'Limited Editions' on Grado Labs' website) that has been specifically setup for recieving orders for the HF3 from bonafide Head-Fi members. Here you'll also find a listing of all the technical specifications for these particular 'phones as well.

John Grado said that all sales of the HF3 will be conducted through Grado Labs' own 4OurEars online store (i.e., no retailers), as a good portion of the proceeds of the HF3 sale ($100 per headphone) will benefit a charitable organization, and this was the only sales strategy that made sense for maximizing that charitable contribution.

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:40 PM Post #39,887 of 65,605

@ruhenheiM
(and others):

Grado Labs had cards at the show to distribute to anyone who was interested in acquiring a pair of HF3 headphone. You can either scan the QR barcode in the photo of this card that I've provided above, or you can just go to the link printed on the card:

The link is to a "hidden" webpage (under the category of 'Limited Editions' on Grado Labs' website) that has been specifically setup for recieving orders for the HF3 from bonafide Head-Fi members. Here you'll also find a listing of all the technical specifications for these particular 'phones as well.

John Grado said that all sales of the HF3 will be conducted through Grado Labs' own 4OurEars online store (i.e., no retailers), as a good portion of the proceeds of the HF3 sale ($100 per headphone) will benefit a charitable organization, and this was the only sales strategy that made sense for maximizing that charitable contribution.
NICE! thanks for sharing this

The HF3 is also the first headphone to use our new wiring enclosed in a braided sheathing for improved flexibility and performance
wow.so they're going to start using new cable. that rubber thing have been with grado since the very beginning

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #39,888 of 65,605
wow.so they're going to start using new cable. that rubber thing have been with grado since the very beginning
To me it felt like any other Grado cable just with a plastic mesh around it. Not sure if it changed internally. Also plastic braided cables make noises when rubbing against stuff. Not sure if it’s an improvement over the regular cables.

Jun 23, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #39,889 of 65,605
To me it felt like any other Grado cable just with a plastic mesh around it. Not sure if it changed internally. Also plastic braided cables make noises when rubbing against stuff. Not sure if it’s an improvement over the regular cables.
yea by cable i mean the cable sleeve. i don't mind the new one on the wood cup,it looks much nicer but for the plastic and maybe ps1000e, the rubber thing( i forgot the proper material name ) they just looks right :D

Jun 23, 2019 at 10:57 PM Post #39,890 of 65,605
Ordered.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #39,892 of 65,605
Sorry. HF3.

Jun 23, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #39,893 of 65,605
4ourears isn't well-handled to deal with the HF3 orders. Unlike the rest of the shop, they're offering worldwide shipping for the HF3. But when you checkout, there's only the options of USA or Puerto Rico. "International Shipping" only has Mexico as an option.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #39,895 of 65,605

@ruhenheiM
(and others):

Surprised to see that they still sell the GH1 and GH2.
And the White is not cheap.

Shane D

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:57 AM Post #39,896 of 65,605
Surprised to see that they still sell the GH1 and GH2. And the White is not cheap.

Huh? When you click on the product pages of the GH1 and GH2, they are unavailable. As for the WH1... it's actually now the least expensive model they sell with G-cushions. I could see it being better than the GS1000e, as that model wasn't particularly well-received (more than one person here has preferred the GS1000i over it).

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #39,897 of 65,605
Huh? When you click on the product pages of the GH1 and GH2, they are unavailable. As for the WH1... for that price it's a risky gamble because it's $100 more than the RS1e.

I don't get the White thing at all.

Shane D

Jun 24, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #39,898 of 65,605

I had a listen on the Saturday morning, and noticed the cable too. Rich said its a 4 conductor. I commented on how frequently I am asked to replace the 8 conductor one when I do builds and mods for folks. It didn't seem microphonic when I tried it. I will say it sounded really brassy. I might have misheard him, but I THINK Rich said they had noticed it too and would be tweaking before final production. I could be wrong though...

It was great to meet them in person. As a long-time Grado fan and modder I geeked out a little (much to my embarrassment), but they were gracious. Picture of the occasion here.

Jun 24, 2019 at 11:57 AM Post #39,899 of 65,605
HF3 Spot.png

Jun 24, 2019 at 12:06 PM Post #39,900 of 65,605

You are certainly dedicated. Isn't it like 60 versions of pizza? I love pizza like no other food and have a few different variations for shops and pies. However, I could not eat pizza every day or even every week. Well, sometimes every week...:heart_eyes:

Do you also own other brands of headphones?

I am thinking I have asked this before, but I can't recall the answer.

Shane D

PS: Will you buy the whites?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back