Grado Fan Club!
Jun 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #39,904 of 65,679
You are certainly dedicated. Isn't it like 60 versions of pizza? I love pizza like no other food and have a few different variations for shops and pies. However, I could not eat pizza every day or even every week. Well, sometimes every week...:heart_eyes:

Do you also own other brands of headphones?

I am thinking I have asked this before, but I can't recall the answer.

Shane D

PS: Will you buy the whites?
My non-Grados include:
  • Sennheiser HD800 (with HDVD DAC/amp)
  • HiFiMAN HE1000 (with HiFiMAN EF-6 amp)
  • HiFiMAN HE-560
  • Ultrasone Edition 10
  • Ultrasone Edition 8
  • Fostex TH-900
  • Sony Z7
Don’t know about the whites yet...likely not.

Jun 24, 2019 at 9:59 PM Post #39,905 of 65,679
My non-Grados include:
  • Sennheiser HD800 (with HDVD DAC/amp)
  • HiFiMAN HE1000 (with HiFiMAN EF-6 amp)
  • HiFiMAN HE-560
  • Ultrasone Edition 10
  • Ultrasone Edition 8
  • Fostex TH-900
  • Sony Z7
Don’t know about the whites yet...likely not.

NICE selection to go with the Grado's!:thumbsup:

Shane D

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:14 AM Post #39,906 of 65,679
4ourears isn't well-handled to deal with the HF3 orders. Unlike the rest of the shop, they're offering worldwide shipping for the HF3. But when you checkout, there's only the options of USA or Puerto Rico. "International Shipping" only has Mexico as an option.

Grado was working on that as they travelling to and from the show, they will have that properly worked out shortly now that they are back to homebase, not to worry.

Jun 25, 2019 at 1:36 AM Post #39,907 of 65,679
thank you for the answer. is there any big difference between both? bass presence, detail, ... the price is very similar.

Most of the time I had access to the HF3 I listened and enjoyed and got acclimated to them. I feel that they will likely scale better as your associated gear improves, I tried them on several of my amps during that time and was quite happy with the results. My initial impressions was they will be able to compete with higher priced competition, I preferred them to my RS2. Should I get hold of them again I will do more comparisons and impressions.

In the meantime I would give them a whole hearted "buy me now" recommendation. Don't let the opportunity pass by.

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #39,908 of 65,679
Most of the time I had access to the HF3 I listened and enjoyed and got acclimated to them. I feel that they will likely scale better as your associated gear improves, I tried them on several of my amps during that time and was quite happy with the results. My initial impressions was they will be able to compete with higher priced competition, I preferred them to my RS2. Should I get hold of them again I will do more comparisons and impressions.

In the meantime I would give them a whole hearted "buy me now" recommendation. Don't let the opportunity pass by.
have you try it with g-pad?

Jun 25, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #39,909 of 65,679
have you try it with g-pad?

I probably would try when I get them but truthfully I am not a big fan of that approach. My GH1 did pretty well but I still listen to them with their stock L pads. I find that to get the extra spacial effect is outweighed by the overall change of tonal balance. Since I have a number of G pad models (PS2000e, GS3000e, PS1000e, PS1000 and GS2000e) that were designed around the G pad tonal characteristics I usually don't care for the results on a model not so designed. That aside they might still be a good candidate for checking that out.

Jun 25, 2019 at 5:08 AM Post #39,910 of 65,679
I probably would try when I get them but truthfully I am not a big fan of that approach. My GH1 did pretty well but I still listen to them with their stock L pads. I find that to get the extra spacial effect is outweighed by the overall change of tonal balance. Since I have a number of G pad models (PS2000e, GS3000e, PS1000e, PS1000 and GS2000e) that were designed around the G pad tonal characteristics I usually don't care for the results on a model not so designed. That aside they might still be a good candidate for checking that out.

yea me too. but it just mainly for comfort, i couldn't stand flat pad and L-pads anymore. even ps1000e right now mainly for display :D i need to replace the pads first before i could put the p1000e back on otherwise the weight just gave extra pressure to my ears. right now i just put the old g-pads on sr100, i really miss this kind of feather weight experience on my head

after listening the whole tracks from hamilton broadway original cast recording on sr100 with g-pads, i still have desire to listen more albums. it just very different experience with ps1000e, sure it sounds better with ps1000e but after that i need a break

Jun 25, 2019 at 2:28 PM Post #39,911 of 65,679
Grado was working on that as they travelling to and from the show, they will have that properly worked out shortly now that they are back to homebase, not to worry.
Do you know if we get an “official” message when they have fixed that?

Jun 25, 2019 at 3:29 PM Post #39,912 of 65,679
Do you know if we get an “official” message when they have fixed that?

I would suggest you reach out to the website within a day or two and then contact Grado Labs if there is still any difficulty. They should have the site readjusted within that time.

Jun 26, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #39,915 of 65,679
Question about next Grado HP purchase.

I own both an SR-60 and SR-125 (L-pad) that are ~20 years old, and a GS2000e that's a couple years old. Owned a GS1000e that I never cared for. I had a PS2000e on loan from TTVJ, and loved it. Otherwise I own an AQ Nighthawk and a Senn 6xx

I'm finding that I actually prefer my 125s over the GS2000e in a majority of situations - the 125s are probably my favorite of all my phones. The midrange (voices, instruments) and presence are portrayed on the 125 in ways that are more pleasing, and more "real" to me (the soundstage is better on the GS2000e, but that's less important to me). Perhaps that means that the mids are more forward and closer on the 125, but apparently that's what I prefer.

That got me thinking that might be a model that takes the benefits of the 125s, and makes "more" of them - maybe same mids, but bigger soundstage. Would that be something like the RS2e/GH2/GH4 (or upcoming HF3), or the 325? Or maybe the PS500? Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back