1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Grado Fan Club!

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by vikingatheart, Dec 29, 2010.
  1. Nickelodeon
    20190622_223623.jpg

@ruhenheiM
    (and others):

Grado Labs had cards at the show to distribute to anyone who was interested in acquiring a pair of HF3 headphone. You can either scan the QR barcode in the photo of this card that I've provided above, or you can just go to the link printed on the card:

https://www.4ourears.net/hf3_p/4e-hf3.htm

The link is to a "hidden" webpage (under the category of 'Limited Editions' on Grado Labs' website) that has been specifically setup for recieving orders for the HF3 from bonafide Head-Fi members. Here you'll also find a listing of all the technical specifications for these particular 'phones as well.

John Grado said that all sales of the HF3 will be conducted through Grado Labs' own 4OurEars online store (i.e., no retailers), as a good portion of the proceeds of the HF3 sale ($100 per headphone) will benefit a charitable organization, and this was the only sales strategy that made sense for maximizing that charitable contribution.

2. ruhenheiM
    NICE! thanks for sharing this

wow.so they're going to start using new cable. that rubber thing have been with grado since the very beginning

3. elira
    To me it felt like any other Grado cable just with a plastic mesh around it. Not sure if it changed internally. Also plastic braided cables make noises when rubbing against stuff. Not sure if it’s an improvement over the regular cables.

4. ruhenheiM
    yea by cable i mean the cable sleeve. i don't mind the new one on the wood cup,it looks much nicer but for the plastic and maybe ps1000e, the rubber thing( i forgot the proper material name ) they just looks right :D

5. mks100
    Ordered.

6. lumohomo06
    Have you guys ordered the HF3 or the white Grado?

7. mks100
    Sorry. HF3.

8. Gippy
    4ourears isn't well-handled to deal with the HF3 orders. Unlike the rest of the shop, they're offering worldwide shipping for the HF3. But when you checkout, there's only the options of USA or Puerto Rico. "International Shipping" only has Mexico as an option.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019
  9. Raulett
    Hi! How was the sound with the HF3? I am debating between the GH3 or HF3 ...

10. Shane D
    Surprised to see that they still sell the GH1 and GH2.
    And the White is not cheap.

Shane D

11. Gippy
    Huh? When you click on the product pages of the GH1 and GH2, they are unavailable. As for the WH1... it's actually now the least expensive model they sell with G-cushions. I could see it being better than the GS1000e, as that model wasn't particularly well-received (more than one person here has preferred the GS1000i over it).

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
  12. Shane D
    I don't get the White thing at all.

Shane D

13. fleasbaby
    I had a listen on the Saturday morning, and noticed the cable too. Rich said its a 4 conductor. I commented on how frequently I am asked to replace the 8 conductor one when I do builds and mods for folks. It didn't seem microphonic when I tried it. I will say it sounded really brassy. I might have misheard him, but I THINK Rich said they had noticed it too and would be tweaking before final production. I could be wrong though...

It was great to meet them in person. As a long-time Grado fan and modder I geeked out a little (much to my embarrassment), but they were gracious. Picture of the occasion here.

trellus and wormsdriver like this.
  14. ruthieandjohn
    HF3 Spot.png

pure5152, joseph69, cathee and 3 others like this.
  15. Shane D
    You are certainly dedicated. Isn't it like 60 versions of pizza? I love pizza like no other food and have a few different variations for shops and pies. However, I could not eat pizza every day or even every week. Well, sometimes every week...:heart_eyes:

Do you also own other brands of headphones?

I am thinking I have asked this before, but I can't recall the answer.

Shane D

PS: Will you buy the whites?