Grado Fan Club!
Jun 7, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #39,796 of 65,693
I actually find that there isn't. One of the main selling points of the GS3000e is that it's a lightweight. The only other full-sized headphones at the $1500-2000 USD price point that don't weigh like a brick are the HD800S, the X5000, and the Ether 2. Audeze/Hifiman/ZMF are absolutely out of the question.

The PS2000e is a heavy monster though, so no comment on that :kissing:
Weight is certainly important, no doubt, but I was thinking about sound signature.

Jun 11, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #39,798 of 65,693
What do you think of the white Grados? I personally don’t like the design, it looks strange.

Where did you see them, are they posted on the Grado website? Were they all white or was the head band and grills black?

They are quite comfortable and do sound very good.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heavy as the P2000e and the other Grado full size metal cup phones seem to be, they are not at all bad as you sit to listen. The PS2000e also has the benefit of the wider head band which is better. Really works fine for me but no bouncy jump dancing.

I had stayed away from the PS1000/e initially, thinking the weight would be an issue. I am glad I finally tried them longer term to prove they work very well for me. My PS2000e gets more head time than any one of my varied other phones.

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2019 at 9:00 PM Post #39,800 of 65,693
GRA0909000-4.jpg

looks weird

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #39,803 of 65,693
A Brace of pheasants?
An Exultation of larks?..

Here... a Gaggle of (on-ear) Grados (you gotta see my over ear and in ear Grados as well!):

5CF360A3-E381-4328-9421-C834676DA144.jpeg

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:02 PM Post #39,804 of 65,693
Don't like the looks of it...

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #39,805 of 65,693
I knew about Grado GW100s through a reviewer on Techgara and decided to buy it. Everything I can say is: the Grado GW100s sound absolutely stunning; they boast an immersive, wide soundstage, clear highs, smooth mids, and extended bass frequencies. They also look great, with a kitsch, retro design that recalls Grado’s humble beginnings in 50’s Brooklyn – but, that said, that vintage-style look won’t appeal to everyone, and they do feel a little flimsy.

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:13 PM Post #39,806 of 65,693
You can look at my profile for the rest, I love collecting headphones for their different sound signatures. I don't believe too much in "upgrade" from one headphone to another, just another way to present the music
biggrin.gif
, l like variety.
Variety in life is good. Food, wine, women, golf courses ...

Jun 11, 2019 at 11:17 PM Post #39,807 of 65,693
I knew about Grado GW100s through a reviewer on Techgara and decided to buy it. Everything I can say is: the Grado GW100s sound absolutely stunning; they boast an immersive, wide soundstage, clear highs, smooth mids, and extended bass frequencies. They also look great, with a kitsch, retro design that recalls Grado’s humble beginnings in 50’s Brooklyn – but, that said, that vintage-style look won’t appeal to everyone, and they do feel a little flimsy.

Yes, they sound great compared to other Bluetooth headsets (I've tried a LOT of them); the best thing about the GW100 is they sound even better when you plug in the included 3.5mm male to male cord to your headphone amp. Very different experience. Now I only use the Bluetooth when I'm traveling and don't have my Schiit stack.

I don't think the headsets are particularly flimsy and they do keep their positions on the rods connected to the gimbals in very extended use since I bought them so I would not worry too much about that. I do use a headphone hook to hold them when not in use and I don't throw them around or drop them on the desk. And when I travel, they are in a semi-hard case I got from Amazon for $12 but beyond that, they seem as durable as one would expect.

Jun 12, 2019 at 12:15 AM Post #39,809 of 65,693
Cosmetically it doesnt look very appealing to me. It looks like a diy project from someone with not a lot of experience turning cups so they cut a few corners to make the design simpler if that makes sense.
It's at an interesting price point at $100 over the rs1 and under $1k.

Personally, I've only tried the ps2ke and the gh4 which have newer type drivers and to be honest they didn't move me like Grados have done in the past.

Jun 12, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #39,810 of 65,693
They're touting the smaller rear vent as a "feature" but I'm not so sure. Maple also isn't naturally white, so I'm concerned that the paint job will adversely affect the sound. Aesthetically, I think this is the ugliest woodie Grado has done, because a woodie's natural finish is a major part of its appeal. Gonna wait for the verdict on this one.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back