The New Grado White Headphone @TTVJAudio.com
Jun 11, 2019 at 6:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Todd

Headphone Vinyl Meister
Member of the Trade: TTVJ Audio
Hi All,

Grado Labs has just announced a new White headphone! Below from Grado Labs...

We are taking pre-orders at TTVJAudio and including a FREE remastered version of the Beatles White album to go with these commemorative headphones for the first 5 people to order them from us!

gradowhite3.jpg

GRADO INTRODUCES THE WHITE HEADPHONE

A Limited Edition Inspired by the impact music can have.

Brooklyn, NY: Grado Labs is excited to introduce a new limited edition, The White Headphone. Inspired by one of our family’s favorite record albums. The White Headphone by Grado commemorates the power an album, or even just a single song, may have on a person’s life.

This limited pair is the first Grado headphone to have an all white platter outer enclosure. The White Headphone features a more compact ventilation system, while increasing the mass on the face of the all maple enclosure. Powering the headphone is a transducer specifically configured for this new housing, all while keeping the Grado signature sound. Rounding out the design is a large black leather headband with white stitching, all packaged in our new box.

"I'm thrilled to have been able to finally bring this headphone to reality. The inspiration goes back to my youth and my love of music, especially rock & roll in the 1960s” recalls John Grado.“Though 50 years have passed, it never gets old. I enjoyed it then and it has inspired me now."Music has been the reason for Grado Labs’ foundation in 1953, but has been a big part of our family for even longer.

Throughout the years Grado has built headphones and phono cartridges to let others listen to music in the most transparent and communicative way, and once in awhile a specific experience with sound inspires us to create something special that represents that.

Availability: The White Headphone will be available early July through the end of 2019.Retail Price: $795

gradowhite2.jpg

Attachments

• gradowhite3.jpg
    gradowhite3.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 0
Jun 11, 2019 at 9:49 PM Post #3 of 34
Are those the big ear pads that go around the ears? If so, I'd be interested in hearing these at some point.

Jun 12, 2019 at 5:30 PM Post #6 of 34
Truly a beautiful set of cans. More manufacturers should offer white models.

Jun 16, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #8 of 34
G cushions and comfortable. There was one at CamJam 2019 NYC, a number of auditions, happy faces.

I bet! The G Cush pads usually bring a nice staging/spacious presentation.

I'd be curious to hear these if there's a tour in the works! I'm a sucker for limited edition and more heavily custom work and these are unlike any pair of Grado's I've ever seen might have to start saving up

Jun 26, 2019 at 11:48 AM Post #10 of 34
Hi All,

I am receiving a pair frm Grado Labs today to hear. I only get to keep them for a few days and then I must reutrn them but I will post my impressions of the headphones here by Friday! They should be here in a few hours so stay tuned for our thoughts on this cool new headphone from Grado Labs... and don't forget, you get a free 180gram Beatles White album with your purchase of these cans from us!

Todd

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 8:32 PM Post #11 of 34
HI All,

My impressions...

The Grado White Headphones

I was very excited to hear these were going to be made and talked to Grado Labs about the possibility of giving them a listen. They said they would see what they could do.

And fortunately, they sent me a pair that arrived yesterday. I immediately opened the box and plugged them in. I was told that they were already broken in so I did not have to wait to give them a serious listen.

The White headphones are attractive and seem very lightweight on my noggin. They fit well and are adjustable to fit your head. All good on looks and comfort.

But of course, the real reason we buy headphones is for how they sound. I have listened to a ton of headphones over the last 27 years and so it takes a lot to get me excited about a headphone.

I put the White headphones on my ears and began to listen. I like to use Donald Fagen Morph The Cat and H-Gang as a starting point. These songs have good deep and powerful bass. And they are recorded very well. A good test!

The White headphones delivered and then some. The sound was natural and as if Mr. Fagen was playing right between my ears as only he can. Great detail, very good separation of instruments’ and vocals and what I would consider good bass for a headphone. I do not like bloated or excessive bass. So if that is what you are looking for, you will not find that here. The bass was tight precise and fairly deep. Not as deep as my speakers go but very satisfying to me.

I spend a lot of time with some very high headphones plugged into some high end and very high end headphone amps, the White headphones caught and held my attention. That says a lot. I have listened to quite a few headphones for 10 or 20 minutes and thought, not bad but I wasn't drawn into the music. The White headphones not only held my attention but got my foot a tappin' and my ears focusing on the fabulous sound I was hearing. It is too close to the quality of sound from some much more expensive headphones than it has the right to! A headphone one would be happy and proud to own and even happier when plugged in and playing!

Ok, so they are the White headphones, what should I listen to next... duh, the White album of course. Right from the blast off tune Back In The USSR thru While My Guitar Gently Weeps the headphones sparkled. Made me think I was hanging with the Beatles. The mix is a little funky on the old Beatles records for headphone listening with some instruments’ and vocals hard left or right. It was very cool to hear it in these headphones. George Harrison playing rhythm and Mr. Clapton playing leads on Gently Weeps was awesome. Their interplay makes the song something very special! Hearing it here live is how I felt listening to it!

The White headphone is non fatiguing and easy to listen to. I struggle with bright headphones and cannot listen for long in them. I listened for over 3 hours on my first session and felt fresh and good to go when I took them off.

I would gladly keep these headphones and make sure they get plenty of use but alas, They must return to their creator for others to enjoy. But soon I will have a pair I say to myself rubbing my hands together in anticipation.

So, Yes, I highly recommend the Grado White headphones. It is not for the Basshead but made for someone looking to be immersed in the music with, to my ears, very satisfactory bass. The soundstage is big which is an added bonus.

The White headphones are a time limited headphone that will start shipping from Grado Labs in mid to late July and be done forever Dec. 31, 2019. Get one as soon as you can and start enjoying the music you love now! Don’t miss this Special Edition headphone for sure!

Happiness may be a warm gun to some but a White headphone does it for me!

Todd Green

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2019 at 11:33 PM Post #12 of 34
I want one. Too bad they're well outside my price range. After experiencing a Grado, I was hooked, but nothing but the big bowl pads worked for me in terms of comfort, and those pads didn't sound good with the GW100.

Jul 10, 2019 at 5:00 PM Post #13 of 34
I just received word from Grado Labs that the Grado White headphones will be trickling out and I will be able to ship to my customers very soon... order now to get yours from us as well as a Beatles White Album as a bonus!

Todd

Jul 10, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #14 of 34
I just received word from Grado Labs that the Grado White headphones will be trickling out and I will be able to ship to my customers very soon... order now to get yours from us as well as a Beatles White Album as a bonus!

Todd

Todd's earlier post of impressions is right on target for sure.

I also agree that you should start sending in your orders, a very good value for sure.

Enjoy.......

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #15 of 34
Hi All,

The Grado White headphones will be shipping to you from us on Friday! We have a few that have not yet been claimed on this first shipment. And, of course there is the free Beatles White Album included! If you have already ordered from us you will see them early next week. If you want a pair, order now to insure you get one!
Todd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back