++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Nov 6, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #20,926 of 29,490
Hi everybody,

I would like a good headphone nomade/home for 150-200€. I would like removing cable because for my previous hp akg k518dj cable have broken. 

I like strong bass but no boomy.

I look currently :

- Ath pro700mk2
- AKG k618dj but i'am afraid towards the cable.

I like design headphone.

ps : Sorry for my english.

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:07 AM Post #20,927 of 29,490
Hello, everyone.

I know you guys will complain about the fact that I'm newbie, I "never" sought by the Head-Fi forums, I could look hardly but perhaps not enough.

I have a Philips SHP-2700 and I need an update, I need to buy a phone in the range of $ 50 (which means here in Brazil around 250 ~ 300 $): expensive, no?

Back here ...

I've never used closed headphones, but I know they are not as good as to clarity of the audio, and its needs are for both music and gaming. Preferably, the music, of course!

Actually, Im looking for a HP that doesnt has a lot of bass (Sennheiser out?) and makes everything close to something cool where I can listen to the soundstage, ambiance and can listen to the instruments of the music.

Then I googled and came across 3:

- Sennheiser HD202; (250$)
- Shure HDR240; (260$)
- Razer Orca; (230$)
(of course, you all know them)

I know you must disregard Razer's, but I'm not thinking this one isnt overpriced, but it would be as bad as they say?

What would be a great upgrade for the right price in the fight between these 3?

Which one to choose? Which to buy or not to buy?

Is that possible that I could find any open-headphone same price?

Thank you in advance!

ps.: im following this website: http://www.playtech.com.br/ch/cat/10177/0/pre%C3%A7o/crescente/60/1/.aspx

Nov 6, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #20,928 of 29,490
Quote:
Hey guys!

I did a bit more research, looked at some different combinations, and I'm back for some more advice. I've narrowed down my price range and wants a little bit so hopefully it's a bit easier.

I've decided on an open headphone. I work in a quiet office with enough space to deal with sound leakage (in either direction). I sit at my desk all day (7:30a - 5:00p) and would love to take a step up in quality. I spend so much time listening to music I figured I should get a true experience. I want an amplifier and I'd prefer it be portable. As much time as I spend at my desk, I also do a lot of time in the car and on my feet after work. My budget is adjusted to $600 for the full setup. Since, I'm a newbie I'd like to give myself enough room to experience quality without spending an arm and a leg.

My listening is all over the place. I cover nearly all genres at some point in my week. My source is usually FLAC from my desktop or Galaxy S3 phone. I'd prefer a neutral sound, maybe favoring the low end (precise, tight and good impact) just a hair. The look is a bit of a factor. I love the look of the white AKG 701s and if it had a similar appearance it would be a bonus. Any suggestion on desk amps, portable amps, or a combination (like the E17/E9k) paired with your headphone suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Bumpity Bump. Any suggestions for a relatively neutral or slightly bassy setup around the $600 mark?

Nov 6, 2012 at 9:03 AM Post #20,929 of 29,490
hey guys. just looking for an upgrade to my current set up.
i currently have a pair of grado sr125i's and a pair of sennhieser hd-280 pros.
and to be honest i go back and forth between the two... because i love the detail and channel seperation of the grado's but the wider sound stage of the senns are tough to forget about. (i just wish it actually had bass impact) 
so im looking for somthing between $150 and $250 ($200 would be better though lol)
ive been looking at the DT990/DT880/DT770   but ive never really heard any of them so i dont know if i like the sound.
does any one have any suggestions?
i listen to alot of different music: jazz,classical, electronic, indie, rock, etc.
i currently use a FIIO e10 as an amp/DAC

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:44 PM Post #20,931 of 29,490
[]anyone knows highend headphones stores in [COLOR=FF0000]AUSTIN TEXAS[/COLOR] y look for very detailed in catalog few very few audio stores but if someone can read this please contact or tell me if there is a store its easy for me a locale or near austin a store to  buy a Brainwavz in or on-ear any directions will be great thanks 

You cld try pm ing one of the guys in this thread. Some of them are in austin.

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/newestpost/634762

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:50 PM Post #20,932 of 29,490
hey guys. just looking for an upgrade to my current set up.
i currently have a pair of grado sr125i's and a pair of sennhieser hd-280 pros.
and to be honest i go back and forth between the two... because i love the detail and channel seperation of the grado's but the wider sound stage of the senns are tough to forget about. (i just wish it actually had bass impact) 
so im looking for somthing between $150 and $250 ($200 would be better though lol)
ive been looking at the DT990/DT880/DT770   but ive never really heard any of them so i dont know if i like the sound.
does any one have any suggestions?
i listen to alot of different music: jazz,classical, electronic, indie, rock, etc.
i currently use a FIIO e10 as an amp/DAC

For your music taste i would say the 880. They will have a more sparkly and detailed presentation than the 280. I found the 280 to be pretty closed in sounding so that is interesting. The 380 is similar in sound to the 280 but much more spacious sounding and better bass impact just although the quantity is far from emphasized. Very much flat.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM Post #20,933 of 29,490
Not really looking for a recommendation on a headphone, more so for a retailer. 

I'm interested in picking up an HD800 to try at some point in the near future and was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals from online retailers.

I've been browsing the FS forum but really for the resale price they appear to be going for I'd almost rather just buy new.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #20,934 of 29,490
I have a pair of Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro 80's that I LOVE and a Fiio E10 connected to my Mac Mini. Just out of curiosity I'm wondering what would be the next noticeable step up. At times I feel the mids on my Beyers are a hair recessed. I'm looking for something neutral with more pronounced mids and detailed highs for metal / singer-songwriter genres. Perhaps k701s? I once did a direct side by side comparison between my Beyers and a pair of broken-in Sennheiser HD650's, and I preferred my Beyers if that helps at all. As for the Fiio E10, anything I upgrade to would have to be a USB amp/dac combo compatible with OSX. I also hear the k701s need a beastly amp, eh?

Sounds like you should just get a pair of dt880s. Still have sparkle but more neutral than the 990 or 770. Don't know why you would not just keep your e10. Get a more neutral headphone first and then if u find a need to change your amp/dac then do that.

Nov 6, 2012 at 12:59 PM Post #20,935 of 29,490
Not really looking for a recommendation on a headphone, more so for a retailer. 

I'm interested in picking up an HD800 to try at some point in the near future and was wondering if anyone knows of any good deals from online retailers.

I've been browsing the FS forum but really for the resale price they appear to be going for I'd almost rather just buy new.

Crutchfield refurb. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_143HD800R/Sennheiser-HD-800-Factory-Refurbished.html?search=Hd800_refurbished&skipvs=T. Authorised dealer = no risk.

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:23 PM Post #20,936 of 29,490
nick.. buddy.... I told you the DT1350's. Just do it. Quit thinking and pull the trigger. I am sorry to inform you but YOU WILL BUY MORE HEADPHONES even after this purchase. You might as well get one of the best portables there are out there that just so happen to match your description pretty much to the letter.
If you want the BT function, yea all I can say is watch Tyll's UE9000 video, but I am pretty sure you have already done that.
DO IT!! I saw your other thread too. Just do it.

last question.

How about the new V-Moda M-100??
which would you prefer?
I'm already set on getting the dt 1350 next week but saw the V-Moda

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:37 PM Post #20,937 of 29,490
Looking for some closed headphones that are over the ear, VERY comfy and dont leak too much sound. Dont mind if they let sound in, but as long as i can listen to them at a decent volume and people dont get too irritated around me, its fine. 

I listen to mostly electro house and female vocals, and I'm looking for nice bass extension, not too boomy, and really nice/slightly forward mids, along with smooth, slightly rolled off highs as I don't like bright headphones.

Don't mind the styling, removable cable is preferred although if it's solid and won't break I don't mind.

Don't mind a little bit of clamp.

Budget is max 200GBP (about 250-300$) 

Might be able to factor in a headphone amp if necessary. I have a Galaxy s3 that I will use with an E7 on the go.

Thanks!

Nov 6, 2012 at 4:55 PM Post #20,938 of 29,490
last question.
How about the new V-Moda M-100??
which would you prefer?
I'm already set on getting the dt 1350 next week but saw the V-Moda

The only V-moda product I have really been able to compare with was the M80 which was a headphone I was impressed with.

I can only do the same thing you can on the M100 to compare and that is read about them. From pics and reviews they seem cheaper in construction and have a more V shaped sound than what you earlier described. But then I saw there were a bunch of good comments about the mids too so I dunno. Beats me on that one till I get to hear them myself.

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:44 PM Post #20,939 of 29,490
Hi, I'm trying to decide on a pair of headphones mostly for casual music playing, and I'm going to run them straight out of my iPhone and/or computer. I'm not a basshead or audiophile, and I don't think I'll really notice any subtle recessions or differences, as I have been using mostly the stock Apple earbuds, and the AKG K77's occasionally. I really like the sound of the K77's, but I want an upgrade, so I've come to a choice between the Sony XB500, the ATH M50, the DJ1/HFI-580 and the DJ1 Pro/PRO550. I have done my research on these headphones, and from what I've seen, the XB500 are real basshead cans, the ATH M50 gives a very flat response, the HFI-580's are sort of balanced, but have a little more colorful bass, and the PRO550 has a larger soundstage than the 580's, but with less bass and bass impact. I mostly listen to electronic music(like DnB, dubstep, house, trance), so I do want some big bass, just not overpowering. My budget is around $150(I'm not really the type to pay a lot for some cans), and I'm kind of leaning to the 580/M50's, but I'm interested now in the others. 

Can any audiophiles help me out?

Nov 6, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #20,940 of 29,490
Quote:
Hey guys, I currently have a sony v6 with fiio e17. I'm looking to purchase a new closed headphones with a budget of $300 ~ $400. Please bear with me, as I think my taste in music is quite different. I'll try my best to describe, but it won't hurt if you can just google a bit hehe. I usually listen to touhou and vocaloid (covers too) songs, which I think it would fit somewhere in the electronica area. I also listen to some jpop and kpop (Supercell, YUI, SNSD, T-ARA, etc). I've set my eyes on the AKG k550, but I wanted a detachable cable preferably. Can anyone provide me some suggestions?

much thanks!

bump :x

Users who are viewing this thread

Back