++ FULL-SIZE HEADPHONE RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD++ CLOSED: Please post a thread in the Introductions, Help and Advice forum
Nov 11, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #9,077 of 29,490

Quote:
Armaegis the thing is that they all fit in my budget, but the question is if koss with shure pads will give me same quality why should i pay more for HFI-580 S or A&H,but if i get better sound then i am ready to pay for it and this is where i need your help one more time
thank you for all your advises :))))

Well here's one of the fuzzy audiophile dilemmas: If you buy a cheaper one, you'll always wonder if the more expensive set will be better. It doesn't matter if you got the best bang for the buck at a certain price point, you'll always be wondering... and then one day you'll open your wallet and weep 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Quote:
How about the ATH-PRO700MK2  For the price ?
and what the difference from the m50 ?

Thank you !!!

Eh, I'd go for the pro700 simply because I'm tired of all the hype for the M50. 

Between the M50 and the PRO700mk2, what is better for electronic dance music?

Depends on the style of EDM...with a hard driving bass line I would go with the Pro700mk2, with a lighter dream type or hi/low textures then the M50 might be better.

Quote:
Looking for Heaphones to use with my Mac...I listen mostly to Dubstep, Hip-Hop, Rock and Classic music
Budget of around 150$-200$...
Looking for a good set of closed headphones or "non-sweaty" open cans (no pleather)
I've been looking at the AKG K172HD any other suggestions?
Thank you!
Fred.

Beyer DT770pro or 880pro. 

Nov 11, 2011 at 2:52 PM Post #9,078 of 29,490

Quote:
... and then one day you'll open your wallet and weep 
blink.gif

Or we can just wishfully think that spending an extra $100 would only make a difference to SQ so small that cleaning earwax will change more in comparison.

Nov 11, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #9,079 of 29,490
Actually, cleaning out your ears is a possibly one of the most cost effective tools for improving your listening experience. It is highly underrated.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:05 PM Post #9,080 of 29,490
It may be true for people who don't care about their personal hygiene, but for the rest of us earwax should be a non-issue. Anyhow, you're missing the point I was making.

Nov 11, 2011 at 4:28 PM Post #9,081 of 29,490
i seeee 
wink_face.gif
just one last question and wont bother you anymore :) what about Shure SRH840 itself, will it be any good for me for electronic/hip hop  with xonar dg? it's 137 usd on amazon at this moment. so if you were me what would you buy? 

Shure SRH840 137$
Ultrasone HFI-580 S 189$
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 171$
Koss PRODJ 100  80$
Allen & Heath Xone:XD-53 Professional Monitoring 161$

Quote:
Well here's one of the fuzzy audiophile dilemmas: If you buy a cheaper one, you'll always wonder if the more expensive set will be better. It doesn't matter if you got the best bang for the buck at a certain price point, you'll always be wondering... and then one day you'll open your wallet and weep 
blink.gif

biggrin.gif

Nov 11, 2011 at 5:27 PM Post #9,082 of 29,490
I'd have an eyes on the Ultrasone HFI-580 and Beyerdynamic DT 990. (Oh, wait, you didn't ask me.)

Read some reviews on those to see which one seems like what you want more. From another thread, 580 is for bass-heads. 990 is not weak either in the bass department.

I'm just passing by, ignore me if you can.

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:17 PM Post #9,083 of 29,490

Quote:
i seeee 
wink_face.gif
just one last question and wont bother you anymore :) what about Shure SRH840 itself, will it be any good for me for electronic/hip hop  with xonar dg? it's 137 usd on amazon at this moment. so if you were me what would you buy? 

Shure SRH840 137$
Ultrasone HFI-580 S 189$
Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO 171$
Koss PRODJ 100  80$
Allen & Heath Xone:XD-53 Professional Monitoring 161$

The 840 was one of my favourites, but I just couldn't get it to fit comfortable on my head. If you get a chance to try it for comfort, I'd recommend that one. 

Nov 11, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #9,084 of 29,490
Looking for full sized and closed headphones for a friend. Budget at $80ish.

Genre of music: hip-hop, rap, electro house, and some dubstep.

I guess you can say bass is an important factor.

To be used at home, library, and on the go.

Any recommendations?

Nov 11, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #9,085 of 29,490
Hello,

I'm looking for some headphones, and I have little knowledge in this area and would greatly appreciate some advice.

Price Range: $150, anything over that is pushing it.
What will I be using it for: Music on my iPod, and PC.
What I listen to: An even mix of Country, Hip-Hop, Classic, Rap, Rock, Jazz, Dubstep.  So sometimes I will be listening to a lot of bass, and sometimes very little.
Where I will be listening it: On the go sometimes, but mostly school and home.
What's most important to me in order: Comfort, sound quality(anything clear and decent is fine with me), durability.
Other things I'm looking for: Defiently some sort of way to make transportation easier whether it be a carrying case, or a nice way to fold it, a thicker cord to reduce tangling, and I loved the iPod control on my old ear buds.

I was looking at the Bose OE2's and I THINK I tried a pair at Best Buy today (or i may have been the Quiet Comfort 15's i'm not entierely sure), and they were very comfortable.  And if I can confirm that they were the OE2's that I was listening to, would these be a good choice?  Again, any advice is appreciated.

Nov 12, 2011 at 2:32 AM Post #9,086 of 29,490
Looking for:

- something more balanced, but where the mids are at least slightly more prominent.
- preferably closed back, doesn't have to be though.
- has a decent amount of bass
- price point: below $300.

Will be used with: E7/E9 combo

Will be used for: pop/indie/some bass heavy music.

I'm already considering the AD700's so please don't suggest them. Thank you!

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:47 AM Post #9,087 of 29,490

Quote:
Looking for full sized and closed headphones for a friend. Budget at $80ish.

Genre of music: hip-hop, rap, electro house, and some dubstep.

I guess you can say bass is an important factor.

To be used at home, library, and on the go.

Any recommendations?

Senn HD280 - decent sound for the price with good bass, possibly the best isolation you can find in your budget

Quote:
Hello,

I'm looking for some headphones, and I have little knowledge in this area and would greatly appreciate some advice.

Price Range: $150, anything over that is pushing it.
What will I be using it for: Music on my iPod, and PC.
What I listen to: An even mix of Country, Hip-Hop, Classic, Rap, Rock, Jazz, Dubstep.  So sometimes I will be listening to a lot of bass, and sometimes very little.
Where I will be listening it: On the go sometimes, but mostly school and home.
What's most important to me in order: Comfort, sound quality(anything clear and decent is fine with me), durability.
Other things I'm looking for: Defiently some sort of way to make transportation easier whether it be a carrying case, or a nice way to fold it, a thicker cord to reduce tangling, and I loved the iPod control on my old ear buds.

I was looking at the Bose OE2's and I THINK I tried a pair at Best Buy today (or i may have been the Quiet Comfort 15's i'm not entierely sure), and they were very comfortable.  And if I can confirm that they were the OE2's that I was listening to, would these be a good choice?  Again, any advice is appreciated.

Senn PX200-IIi - good balanced sound, folds up nice and small, light clamp
AKG Q460 - bassier sound, not quite as compact but more durable
Skullcandy Aviator - super comfy, folds up though I wouldn't just toss it around, lousy isolation (can be easily modded to improve it though)

Quote:
Looking for:
- something more balanced, but where the mids are at least slightly more prominent.
- preferably closed back, doesn't have to be though.
- has a decent amount of bass
- price point: below $300.
Will be used with: E7/E9 combo
Will be used for: pop/indie/some bass heavy music.
I'm already considering the AD700's so please don't suggest them. Thank you!

If you were considering the AD700, within your budget look at the AD900 or maybe see if you can find a used/refurbished AD2000 somewhere within budget.

Also consider:
Beyer DT880
Ultrasone HFi780
Phiaton MS400

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:49 AM Post #9,088 of 29,490
Reading these forums for the past couple of days has certainly opened my eyes to the world of headphones – and there was me thinking there was only the likes of Bose, Technics and Sennheiser to choose from.

So I’ll cut to the chase. I got an iPad for my 30th Birthday, downloaded the DJay app for it and have since then been acquiring every UK Garage track under the sun and reminiscing about the good old days whilst having a good old mix.

I’m getting to the point now where I’m confident enough with the app that I’d like to start recording some mixes and do the occasional house party if required. So in order to do that properly, I’ve decided to start snapping up the relevant equipment to do so (the GF doesn’t know what she’s let herself in for…). That includes a splitter cable so I can pre-cue the tracks, some speakers and finding myself here, some headphones.

So my music choice is obviously UK Garage – which are bassy tracks predominantly but there are some vocal tunes as well.

Budget – now while I appreciate that the more that you spend - the better the quality, but I need to make it clear that I’m not a superstar DJ (not yet anyway haha) and this is only a hobby really. So my price range has a max of £75-80 as it will be a Christmas present.

So if anyone could guide me in the right direction as to what I should be going for given my requirements above, that would be great.

I dont know if you need any more information from me - if so, please say.

Thats it from me.

Thanks a lot for reading and look forward to being part of the community.
Ben

Nov 12, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #9,089 of 29,490

Quote:
So I’ll cut to the chase. I got an iPad for my 30th Birthday, downloaded the DJay app for it and have since then been acquiring every UK Garage track under the sun and reminiscing about the good old days whilst having a good old mix.

So my music choice is obviously UK Garage – which are bassy tracks predominantly but there are some vocal tunes as well.

Budget – now while I appreciate that the more that you spend - the better the quality, but I need to make it clear that I’m not a superstar DJ (not yet anyway haha) and this is only a hobby really. So my price range has a max of £75-80 as it will be a Christmas present.

So if anyone could guide me in the right direction as to what I should be going for given my requirements above, that would be great.

Just from the top of my head at the moment, you could try looking into a pair of Shure SRH840 headphones. They're known to be pretty decent bass/vocal headphones.

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #9,090 of 29,490
   I'm a newbie getting lost in my search for some good over-ear phones, open or closed. They'll be used mostly with the Apple range of products at home listening to metal, hard rock, alternative and rarely old school radio mixers. My most played bands are Disturbed, system of a down, linkin park and COG. The maximum budget would be Senn HD-598 plus a amp like the E7 or preferably tube if funds allow ( but work that out after choosing phones).
I'm after clarity at low volume and not overpowering "Bass" but to sound like a drum beat, are the HD-598 for me?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back