Earbuds Round-Up
May 10, 2024 at 4:13 AM Post #75,377 of 75,571
I’m out lol
We see how I get on with the W03 Pro I picked up in @ttorbic group buy but if it’s as good as some have hyped - I’ll probably do another group buy to the UK/ Europe if your interested in joining.

May 10, 2024 at 5:21 AM Post #75,378 of 75,571
Still waiting on the straight cable for the aeolian bells, but got a different distraction from the nice postman man…
IMG_1214.jpeg

IMG_1215.jpeg

Build feels great and after trying them in the ear the fit is spot on.
I’ll spend a few hours with them and report back.
Hope everyone is having a great day!

Attachments

• IMG_1214.jpeg
    IMG_1214.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
May 10, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #75,379 of 75,571
I'm completely happy with both mine had them in ear for 6 hours now 3 each, honestly and I'm blown away. Compared to the ones I have from the big brands they are a level above.
Really happy to see you are enjoying them.

I own both of them too. Bang for the price. Proteus is amazing as well.

May 10, 2024 at 8:24 AM Post #75,381 of 75,571
Really happy to see you are enjoying them.

I own both of them too. Bang for the price. Proteus is amazing as well.

Any other impressions on the proteus, especially in contrast to the Aurora or W03?

I haven't been able to get much info on it other than it's a more mid centric set than the other two.

I wanted to order an Aurora but have been thinking of getting a second set with it to amoritize the high shipping cost.

The W03 Pro sound signature seems like it would be more similar to the Aurora than the Proteus, maybe making it redundant.

May 10, 2024 at 9:14 AM Post #75,383 of 75,571
May 10, 2024 at 1:26 PM Post #75,385 of 75,571
Any other impressions on the proteus, especially in contrast to the Aurora or W03?

I haven't been able to get much info on it other than it's a more mid centric set than the other two.

I wanted to order an Aurora but have been thinking of getting a second set with it to amoritize the high shipping cost.

The W03 Pro sound signature seems like it would be more similar to the Aurora than the Proteus, maybe making it redundant.
Uhh...Proteus is indeed more balanced than W03 Pro. W03 Pro is Warm balanced, the bass is similarly deeper like Proteus, but with much fuller body. The midrange also has slightly more body but has more resolution as well. The treble notes sound a bit more better defined and better present in the ix compared to Proteus. Proteus is slightly more balanced, but still with outstanding subbass extension. W03 Pro is kind of W shaped sound, whereas Proteus can be termed as mild-U shaped. The stage has similar height and width on both, but W03 Pro sounds slightly deeper with better imaging.

May 10, 2024 at 1:32 PM Post #75,386 of 75,571
I'd be interested in picking up an LREY model, where would I do that?
You're also in Europe. Perhaps contact @Kenyon ... he was thinking of placing another order to LREY in future, it will be better to club purchase, as otherwise shipping from Philippines to Europe is costly.

Alternatively, I can act as a middleman. Shipping from there to India is 30 USD around. 3 earbuds of me is already coming in the next month. You can club with that. From India to Europe shipping will be around 15-20 USD I believe.

May 10, 2024 at 1:46 PM Post #75,387 of 75,571
You're also in Europe. Perhaps contact @Kenyon ... he was thinking of placing another order to LREY in future, it will be better to club purchase, as otherwise shipping from Philippines to Europe is costly.

Alternatively, I can act as a middleman. Shipping from there to India is 30 USD around. 3 earbuds of me is already coming in the next month. You can club with that. From India to Europe shipping will be around 15-20 USD I believe.

Actually waiting on a Proteus quote so will get back to you!

May 10, 2024 at 1:59 PM Post #75,388 of 75,571
Actually waiting on a Proteus quote so will get back to you!
Highly recommend that you bundle your purchase - I don't know if I'd recommend LREY sets at full retail + full shipping to EU/UK (I organised the UK group buy to bring down shipping costs)

Last edited:
May 10, 2024 at 2:25 PM Post #75,389 of 75,571
Oh, well, now I'm also interested in the LREY Aurora's.

How do they compare to the Yinman's, what's the price and where can I buy them?
Maybe someone else has the Yinman 600s and can compare, but if not, my Aurora and W03 Pro are being shipped today to the US, and I will post impressions and comparisons with Yinmans, RW-3000, Serratus etc. after I get time to A/B.

LREY Music is on Facebook, and he responds quickly. with pricing and shipping info. The pricing is reasonable, but the shipping is high, as you will gather from the other posts.

May 10, 2024 at 2:40 PM Post #75,390 of 75,571

Hey @Ace Bee how much Lrey Aurora costs (in usd) without shipping? does it come with only fixed cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back