Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 8, 2024 at 11:12 PM Post #74,836 of 75,272
Just received Faaeal Iris Ancestor (Red blue), as add-ons for leftover coupon which came out <$1. It just makes me questioning this hobby once again. While not the most technical one (no s**t lol), it's quite adequate for average listening sessions. Applied a simple bright preset wavelet EQ on these, what else do we need really? Time to sell more IEMs!
Congrats on your new shiny! I missed your post from 4 days ago. Lol

I have the Ancestor and love it. I just love the Faael house sound. And this bud punches so way above it's price it's crazy. Especially when you eq them. And if you're tempted for more Faael I recommend just jumping to the Snow Lotus. The Iris 2.0 is a very great bud, but the Snow Lotus has a pretty big soundstage that blows me away every time I put them in my ears. So I recommend just going over the 2.0 for those.

I'm gonna get the Rosemary once it goes on sale, but honestly I can't see it being a huge leap over the Snow Lotus. But I HAVE to get them and HAVE to know. 🙃

I'd be interested in your wavelet eq settings for these great buds, if you ever wanna post them. I usually just tighten up the bass a bit and that goes a long way. I eq everything I listen to. :ksc75smile:

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2024 at 11:24 PM Post #74,837 of 75,272
Maybe they got busy or something, but chat seemed to end quickly, and is no longer talking to me. Guess we'll see if they are done talking to me... :wink:

Here is the transcript of the chat. Note; Alibaba translation sucks, so I applied my browser translate to it as well. Oh, and they DID send a picture of the Yinman 2.0 150Ω buds:

Hello. I am looking for the new Yinman 150ohm (Green Bull) earbud. Do you have them in stock?
Read
22:01

Yes, orders can be placed and shipped to you first[Smile]
Yes
Can place an order
Priority delivery to you
Alibaba Translation
22:54

I see three listings for them. Which is the correct price please, and could you include a photo of the 150Ω ones?
Read
23:03

Production Information
YINMAN 150 ohm hifi High Impedance In Ear Earphone 150ohm Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs HIFI Earbud Earphone Limite
US $41.50
23:09

Is there an option for 4.4mm connector?
Read

Hello only 600 euros with 4.4 plugs
Hello.
Only 600 euros.
4.4 plug
Alibaba Translation

I meant for the 150Ω. Those are the 600Ω ones and I already have them.
Read

Only 3.5 plugs for 150 ohms
3.5 plug only
150 Euros
Alibaba Translation

I will purchase the 150Ω ones for $41.50. They aren't the 32Ω version right?

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:28 PM Post #74,838 of 75,272
@yaps66, you seem to have a pretty discerning ear. Did you get to listen to any standout gear (be that amps, DACs, DAPs, or head gear)? For me, I'm set for IEMs/headphones/earbuds for (probably) a long time. The only realm I have neglected for some few years is TWS (this could possibly change though with the release of the Linkbuds 2). Anything I buy from this point on (for now) is strictly out of curiosity, or the addict in me that tells me I both need a new set, and I want to fight with my wife..... :wink:
Thanks for the kind words @samandhi! Standout gear heard at CanJam SG has to be the Raal Immanis. The sound coming out of that headphone is just another level. It is crazy good! A step up from Susvara and Stax SR-X9000 in my humble opinion. Extension at both ends and with very engaging mids and just so resolving! For iems, the one to watch out for is from Elysium Acoustics. It will be their new flagship Dio. Will be released probably next year. Melodic Artification (they were sharing a table with Timsok) has an interesting iem, Alter Ego. Another new brand Eminent Ears has just come up with a nice iem too, Ruby. For me the highlight of the event was just meeting up with fellow geeks. It was an amazing event!

I would like to thank @ttorbic for linking us up before the Can Jam show so we could meet up to test our earbuds.

Thanks @yaps66 for taking the time and bringing your whole collection of TGX earbuds over from Vietnam, much appreciated!!! And wishing you a safe flight back! And yes it was quite an eye opener (or rather ear opener) hearing TGX buds, they are superbly tuned. Am saving money now and will see if I can purchase one soon!

@yaps66 is an extremely knowledgeable earbuds enthusiast, and has a huge collection of gear!!
Indeed, thank you @ttorbic for introducing us! We had only a short time to really meet and I got to try Joshua's @FranQL bud. Very nice! I liked it! My only regret is not being able to spend more time with you Joshua!

Wow, what a massive group of geeks!
You guys look awesome, I wish I could join :beerchug:
Indeed! Apart from the ability to try stuff out at CanJam, a smaller group of us came to Singapore earlier where we visited both Eletech and Effect Audio. At Effect Audio, there was a gathering of iem tuners/founders from Lime Ears, Vision Ears, Elysian Acoustics. Amazing just talking to them. Earlier on that day, we got to meet up with Chang from Subtonic/Nightjar fame as well as the owners of Symphonium Audio. Ultimately it was the time spent outside audio (mainly food) that was what it was all about. Very tiring but so fun!

I've been so happy with my own DIY buds lately (thanks to those in the thread who have been helping me out with them). It would be great at this point to get a reference pair from someone who does it say the highest level. Maybe I need to open my own wallet...
My recommendation would be tgxEARS.

You may be able to find a set of Ripples (also TGXear) on the used market for around the price of the Yinmans. Also a warmer bud, with beautiful timbre and dynamics. Still one of my favorite sets, in spite of their having been surpassed by other models. Also much easier to drive.
+1 Love the Ripples!

I have found my sweet spot, and have ceased to explore any more.
I am very close to that sweet spot myself.
Congratulations! to the both of you! I think I am about there as well. My advice to you is never to attend an audio gathering like CanJam! The advantage of hearing all there is to hear at CanJam and having found your sweet spot is that FOMO is not so grippy anymore. It also allows you to explore things which may be off the beaten track. This trip to CanJam, I chanced upon a deal to get the STAX SR-L500 (the OG and not the Mark 2) for a great price (S$400). Such a good headphone and love the sound from it! Warm and engaging!

A new toy came! Reserving first impressions for later, but let's say I might have just entered another money pit.

Yincrow RW2000.
Hey @nikbr! Good to see you here! Welcome to the buds rabbit hole!

Apr 8, 2024 at 11:43 PM Post #74,839 of 75,272
Thanks for the kind words @samandhi!
You are always welcome brother. :)
Standout gear heard at CanJam SG has to be the Raal Immanis. The sound coming out of that headphone is just another level. It is crazy good! A step up from Susvara and Stax SR-X9000 in my humble opinion. Extension at both ends and with very engaging mids and just so resolving! For iems, the one to watch out for is from Elysium Acoustics. It will be their new flagship Dio. Will be released probably next year. Melodic Artification (they were sharing a table with Timsok) has an interesting iem, Alter Ego. Another new brand Eminent Ears has just come up with a nice iem too, Ruby. For me the highlight of the event was just meeting up with fellow geeks. It was an amazing event!
WOW! Most names I have not even heard of before (apparently I am so behind the times with IEMs, my last set was the Raptgo Bridge, and Aur Audio Aure)...
Indeed, thank you @ttorbic for introducing us! We had only a short time to really meet and I got to try Joshua's @FranQL bud. Very nice! I liked it! My only regret is not being able to spend more time with you Joshua!
Which bud was this of Frans?
My advice to you is never to attend an audio gathering like CanJam!
That is good great advice. I am not so interested in any new IEMs to this point, but if I were to attend CanJam, I just know how it would be... :wink:

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:15 AM Post #74,840 of 75,272
Congrats on the new bud! Very happy with my RW-2000, it's the one earbud I have that I can listen to for hours without any complaints sound wise. I had some issues with positioning and comfort but a different cable solved that and I have some earclips on order that @samandhi recommended to help reduce discomfort even more. Happy listening! :)
Congrats on your new shiny! :)

I can't wait to hear your impressions of them (good OR bad). Of the two, the RW2000 and RW3000, I find the RW2000 to be more musical, and less fatiguing to my ears; though I LOVE them both and won't get rid of either. :)
Hey @nikbr! Good to see you here! Welcome to the buds rabbit hole!
Thanks, you guys. This is my 3rd earbud overall, but yesterday's quick (a few seconds quick) AB with Venture Electronics Zen LL revealed that RW2K is on a whole other level of detail retrieval and note definition which I wasn't really used to nor was I expecting to ever come from an earbud.

Naked they sounded just a bit sharp right out of the box somewhere in high mids area. With the whole foam without the hole (lol, how do you call these things in earbud jargon?) they became a thick mess with life sucked out and all about that bass. Donuts (is that how you call these foams with holes?) are spot on!

Apr 9, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #74,841 of 75,272
So, here is the full chat that went on. When they couldn't scam me into buying the 32Ω set, they completely quit talking to me, and won't answer any more questions. If there were some other place to get the Yinman buds, I would tell people to NEVER buy anything from this site. I was actually going to buy the 32Ω version, but they were so deceptive/shady about the 150Ω version that I decided I would not patronize their store anymore.

In the US, this is a fairly serious crime called "bait & switch". It is very clever the way they talk around your questions. At first they didn't completely lie, but let you draw your own conclusion, and those not so much in the know would have gotten bamboozled (if they really wanted the 150Ω version). This seems well rehearsed, and is most likely why they have the correct picture as well as the wrong pictures on the store.

Since there is no way to copy the entire chat session as is, I copied the words to Notepad, and the pictures I used Snipping tool, and then replaced them where they were in the chat session. Sorry so long; I just thought some might be interested in seeing this.

19:00

Hello. I am looking for the new Yinman 150ohm (Green Bull) earbud. Do you have them in stock?
Read

Yes
Can place an order
Priority delivery to you
Alibaba Translation

I see three listings for them. Which is the correct price please, and could you include a photo of the 150Ω ones?
Read

Production Information
Yinman1.PNG

YINMAN 150 ohm hifi High Impedance In Ear Earphone 150ohm Earbud Flat Head Plug Earplugs HIFI Earbud Earphone Limite
US $41.50

Read

Yinman2.PNG

Hello.
Only 600 euros.
4.4 plug
Alibaba Translation

Read

3.5 plug only
150 Euros
Alibaba Translation

Can you take my order from here? the other three sites all have different pictures and prices. :)
Read
Yesterday 23:29

Yes, priority will be given to you for shipping[Smile]
Yes
Priority delivery to you
Alibaba Translation

OK! I will order the 150Ω version for $41.50. I am ready to order good sir. :)
Read
Yesterday 23:49

OK[Smile]
OK[Smile]
Alibaba Translation

How does this work? You can take my order right from here in chat?
Read

Yes, buy it directly
Yes
Direct g-mai
Alibaba Translation

What do you need from me then?
Read
00:05

Production Information
Yinman1.PNG

US $41.50

When I click on that link, it shows that those are out of stock.
Read

Yinman3.PNG

Those aren't the same ones you sent the first picture for... Aren't those the 32Ω version?
Read

Yes 32 euros
Yes
32 Euro
Alibaba Translation
There are also 300 euro customization
There are 300 euro custom
Alibaba Translation

So, you don't have the 150Ω version then?

/endline

Attachments

• 1712638919847.png
    1712638919847.png
    95.1 KB · Views: 0
Apr 9, 2024 at 1:30 AM Post #74,842 of 75,272
With the whole foam without the hole (lol, how do you call these things in earbud jargon?) they became a thick mess with life sucked out and all about that bass. Donuts (is that how you call these foams with holes?) are spot on!
Fantastic that you found some foams that work for you. You got it mostly just right... Full foams are the ones that cover the whole driver, and donuts you totally got right. :)

Keep in mind that there are differing density of foams as well. Heigi and FiiO have some really great ones as well. If you are into the donut foams, VE has a pack that is great also. With flatheads, it is my opinion that different foams make much more difference to the sound (and can actually be measured in the FR curve) than say tips for IEMs do.

Apr 9, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #74,843 of 75,272
It is a very good thing that the Longyao-Yinman brand are so good, because I would have gotten myself into trouble (with my mouth) with AVCCK store by now. Oh, I guess one doesn't say "new". MAKE SURE YOU MESSAGE THEM BEFORE BUYING!

There are three listings for the New Yinman 150ohm buds (though different colors) all from the same store (same store number and all that jazz), but two different prices, and shipping cost. I may give a try to getting the 150ohm buds to see what happens, if nothing else. :)

ThreeStores.PNG

You probably already noticed this, but these have different specs (I am assuming different drivers). The cheaper one is 110 dB sensitivity, and the more expensive one is 98 dB.

Apr 9, 2024 at 4:33 AM Post #74,844 of 75,272
Apr 9, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #74,845 of 75,272
You are always welcome brother. :)

WOW! Most names I have not even heard of before (apparently I am so behind the times with IEMs, my last set was the Raptgo Bridge, and Aur Audio Aure)...

Which bud was this of Frans?

That is good great advice. I am not so interested in any new IEMs to this point, but if I were to attend CanJam, I just know how it would be... :wink:
120 ohm LCP driver

Yeah this beautiful 120 ohm LCP red earbud. Thanks @FranQL once again! Shall we give it a name of "SCARLET WITCH"?

Fran 2.jpg

It is not easy to drive as per the high impedance, but with heigi or thicker density foams installed and with good amplification, the tuning is warm neutral. It is still used at least once a week in my rotation!

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:17 AM Post #74,846 of 75,272
Congratulations! to the both of you! I think I am about there as well. My advice to you is never to attend an audio gathering like CanJam! The advantage of hearing all there is to hear at CanJam and having found your sweet spot is that FOMO is not so grippy anymore. It also allows you to explore things which may be off the beaten track. This trip to CanJam, I chanced upon a deal to get the STAX SR-L500 (the OG and not the Mark 2) for a great price (S$400). Such a good headphone and love the sound from it! Warm and engaging!
You're mistaken. I have found my sweet spot in only earbuds. Still exploring iems. Have to dabble in headphone too.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #74,847 of 75,272
I have the Ancestor and love it. I just love the Faael house sound. And this bud punches so way above it's price it's crazy. Especially when you eq them.
Our DIY earbuds don't need EQ and are also cheap. They are really decent drivers, the ideal would be to be able to open them and tune them to your liking (but you won't succeed without breaking them).
For their price, they are good earbuds with or without eq

Apr 9, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #74,848 of 75,272
Yeah this beautiful 120 ohm LCP red earbud. Thanks @FranQL once again! Shall we give it a name of "SCARLET WITCH"?

It is not easy to drive as per the high impedance, but with heigi or thicker density foams installed and with good amplification, the tuning is warm neutral. It is still used at least once a week in my rotation!
Bro, be careful with that color because someone in the house will notice them easily. And even if you somehow manage to escape, you will still lend them (forever) because it sounds very good (sweet). 😁

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 8:46 AM Post #74,849 of 75,272
_DSC4567-3.jpg

As Fran's buds have come up in the thread again, I thought I may as well share my most recent matchup. FranQL Caelum /w Clan Audio 'Caelum' SPC cable. Caelum is a very exciting earbud and Clan Audio managed to match it up with an equally exciting looking (and sounding) cable.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #74,850 of 75,272
So, here is the full chat that went on. When they couldn't scam me into buying the 32Ω set, they completely quit talking to me, and won't answer any more questions. If there were some other place to get the Yinman buds, I would tell people to NEVER buy anything from this site. I was actually going to buy the 32Ω version, but they were so deceptive/shady about the 150Ω version that I decided I would not patronize their store anymore.

In the US, this is a fairly serious crime called "bait & switch". It is very clever the way they talk around your questions. At first they didn't completely lie, but let you draw your own conclusion, and those not so much in the know would have gotten bamboozled (if they really wanted the 150Ω version). This seems well rehearsed, and is most likely why they have the correct picture as well as the wrong pictures on the store.

Since there is no way to copy the entire chat session as is, I copied the words to Notepad, and the pictures I used Snipping tool, and then replaced them where they were in the chat session. Sorry so long; I just thought some might be interested in seeing this.

19:00

Read

Yes
Can place an order
Priority delivery to you
Alibaba Translation

Read

Production Information

US $41.50

Read

Hello.
Only 600 euros.
4.4 plug
Alibaba Translation

Read

3.5 plug only
150 Euros
Alibaba Translation

Can you take my order from here? the other three sites all have different pictures and prices. :)
Read
Yesterday 23:29

Yes, priority will be given to you for shipping[Smile]
Yes
Priority delivery to you
Alibaba Translation

OK! I will order the 150Ω version for $41.50. I am ready to order good sir. :)
Read
Yesterday 23:49

OK[Smile]
OK[Smile]
Alibaba Translation

How does this work? You can take my order right from here in chat?
Read

Yes, buy it directly
Yes
Direct g-mai
Alibaba Translation

What do you need from me then?
Read
00:05

Production Information

US $41.50

When I click on that link, it shows that those are out of stock.
Read

Those aren't the same ones you sent the first picture for... Aren't those the 32Ω version?
Read

Yes 32 euros
Yes
32 Euro
Alibaba Translation
There are also 300 euro customization
There are 300 euro custom
Alibaba Translation

So, you don't have the 150Ω version then?

/endline
Edit: Thank you for sharing your messaging report.

It's unfortunate that store relies on such sales / after sales tactics since they are the only ones to be selling the Yinman buds on AE. Their AE ranking would be much higher if they were just honest and updated their store product pages. So I did take one for the team for everyone here as I was expecting the 150Ω, but the twist is I inadvertently found the Yinman 32Ω which are really good and legit buds... if you can trust the seller.

For me the only products of interest in that store were the Yinman buds and now I've got the only 2 versions of the Yinman buds they carry, so I'm done with buying from them. For others still interested in getting some Yinman buds from them, all I can say is "caveat emptor", buyer beware. If others do decide to buy from that store, at least some things were uncovered and you should know what to expect. Of course I also know that this series of posts will be lost among the thousands of posts in this thread in a couple of days time and someone will come along and ask about how to get a hold of some Yinman buds and the cycle begins again...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back