Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 24, 2024 at 3:30 PM Post #74,506 of 75,563
Hey, men. How can I supply power to the USB dongle when using it with a smartphone? Are there any adapter cables for this?
I don't want to charge a smartphone, because I already found such an adapter (DD HiFi ТС28C Pro). But this is not exactly what is needed.
I don't want to discharge the smartphone and charge it at the same time, because that's kind of stupid! I want to supply power directly to the dongle.
Are there such solutions?
I am not sure exactly what you are asking here, but if you plug the dongle directly into the phone, it will (most likely) power the dongle. If you are using the adapter that you spoke of, your phone will indeed power your dongle but charge the phone at the same time as well.

If you are wanting something that will not drain your phone at all, you will need two things. First you will need a dongle that has its own internal battery. Then, you will need an OTG adapter plugged into your phone. It IS possible that there are some dongles out there that will allow you to turn off charging when plugged into a phone, thus eliminating (with most of them) the need for an OTG adapter.

Also, keep in mind that some dongles won't work with certain phones because they require more power than the phone can output (iPhones are famous for this).

If I didn't hit on any of the points that you were wanting to know, please clarify your question?! :)
Well, she's right. Don't you agree? :o2smile:
OH! But of course I do... :wink:

Mar 24, 2024 at 6:57 PM Post #74,509 of 75,563
Hey, men. How can I supply power to the USB dongle when using it with a smartphone? Are there any adapter cables for this?
I don't want to charge a smartphone, because I already found such an adapter (DD HiFi ТС28C Pro). But this is not exactly what is needed.
I don't want to discharge the smartphone and charge it at the same time, because that's kind of stupid! I want to supply power directly to the dongle.
Are there such solutions?
iBasso CB19 or E1DA Y-splitter cable will work, I have both.

Mar 24, 2024 at 7:50 PM Post #74,510 of 75,563
Well Flathead Friends the time has come.....

........for me to call it QUITS on the iem world. I have been buying, selling, demoing, touring iems for a little over 3 years now and just getting into earbuds about 2 years ago. Since discovering buds, I listen to iems less and less BUT I did find a few iems that I wanted to settle down with and so I turned them into Custom iems as I have heard how much better fit and isolation is with customs not to mention extended bass, etc. Well I can attest this is not the case for everyone. I do not find ciems to be comfortable at all. In fact the extreme opposite for me and yes I had a good mold and I have a good fit but my ears do not like this kind of feeling. I also noticed how the treble rolls off with custom sets, and not always for the better, some so massively that it sounds like a completely different iem....I have to say this has been a very expensive lesson learned. I will not call out any brands or makers but I am just not into this kind of fit or rolled off sound. Uiems have there discomforts as well for me, very itchy tips, big shells, heavy shells, and not to mention the prices these days....I am finding that I am falling more and more in love with Earbud presentation of stage and timbre/tonality. I was already sold on this prior but now even more so.

So with that being said, I have finally ordered Venture Electronics Prime Dac in Gold and Defiant Amp in Gold with Docking bay in Gold. I am going to be pimped out! hahah!
I have the standard Prime dac now that I use daily but excited for my new chapter here with more earbuds down the road.

Also, I am looking for a TGXear Totem in MX500 shell if anyone is looking to off load one. Please let me know.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #74,511 of 75,563
Well Flathead Friends the time has come.....

........for me to call it QUITS on the iem world. I have been buying, selling, demoing, touring iems for a little over 3 years now and just getting into earbuds about 2 years ago. Since discovering buds, I listen to iems less and less BUT I did find a few iems that I wanted to settle down with and so I turned them into Custom iems as I have heard how much better fit and isolation is with customs not to mention extended bass, etc. Well I can attest this is not the case for everyone. I do not find ciems to be comfortable at all. In fact the extreme opposite for me and yes I had a good mold and I have a good fit but my ears do not like this kind of feeling. I also noticed how the treble rolls off with custom sets, and not always for the better, some so massively that it sounds like a completely different iem....I have to say this has been a very expensive lesson learned. I will not call out any brands or makers but I am just not into this kind of fit or rolled off sound. Uiems have there discomforts as well for me, very itchy tips, big shells, heavy shells, and not to mention the prices these days....I am finding that I am falling more and more in love with Earbud presentation of stage and timbre/tonality. I was already sold on this prior but now even more so.

So with that being said, I have finally ordered Venture Electronics Prime Dac in Gold and Defiant Amp in Gold with Docking bay in Gold. I am going to be pimped out! hahah!
I have the standard Prime dac now that I use daily but excited for my new chapter here with more earbuds down the road.

Also, I am looking for a TGXear Totem in MX500 shell if anyone is looking to off load one. Please let me know.

For me, I have an IEM that I basically use for airplanes (and sometimes trains), but flatheads and open cans for everything else.
I spent WAY more (triple) on the IEM than anything else in my lineup, because I wouldn't use it if it wasn't good enough to weigh against the drawbacks of IEMS, and I wanted one in loud circumstances to save my ears.

Mar 25, 2024 at 3:20 AM Post #74,512 of 75,563
Simple rule. IEM's for moving / transportation / exercise. Buds for listening and relaxing.

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:13 AM Post #74,513 of 75,563
Does anybody have a link to the Yinman 600's? Im looking to get into earbuds. since i already have a powerful portable amp (mass kobo 475), id like something that makes good use of it. Recommendations would also be appreciated. something similarly hard to drive.

Cheers,
Yaks

Mar 25, 2024 at 5:53 AM Post #74,514 of 75,563
I'm after some earbuds for using during my work day. Don't like wearing iems all day. What buds would be good for ambient, dub techno, classical, edm etc?

Mar 25, 2024 at 6:06 AM Post #74,515 of 75,563
Does anybody have a link to the Yinman 600's? Im looking to get into earbuds. since i already have a powerful portable amp (mass kobo 475), id like something that makes good use of it. Recommendations would also be appreciated. something similarly hard to drive.

Cheers,
Yaks

I bought my Yinman 600 ohm here: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32817689863.html (just cut and paste this link if it doesn't show in your browser).

You can message the seller to ask for a free termination to 2.5 mm or 4.4 mm, the Yinmans will benefit from more power from balanced sources due to the absurb 87 dB/mW sensitivity and 600 ohm impedance, in terms of bass tightness and dynamics.

Do note the photos show MMCX terminations but the newer batches are all non-detachable, coming in stock 3.5 mm (unbalanced) cables.

Mar 25, 2024 at 8:39 AM Post #74,516 of 75,563
I came across this link in a google search for Yinman 600. I have used AliX. This link, whether i click it, or copy and paste into browser, also leads to page not found. Is there another link to the store?

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #74,517 of 75,563
I'm after some earbuds for using during my work day. Don't like wearing iems all day. What buds would be good for ambient, dub techno, classical, edm etc?
Fiio FF3, Smabat ST10s Gold or custom build with Beryllium 130 ohm driver (the best IMO). The Fiio are the easiest to drive if that's a factor.

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:11 AM Post #74,518 of 75,563
Fiio FF3, Smabat ST10s Gold or custom build with Beryllium 130 ohm driver (the best IMO). The Fiio are the easiest to drive if that's a factor.
Where do you get the custom build from?

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:17 AM Post #74,519 of 75,563
I came across this link in a google search for Yinman 600. I have used AliX. This link, whether i click it, or copy and paste into browser, also leads to page not found. Is there another link to the store?

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2847025

That is a link to the store, but I can also follow the link @baskingshark posted, so I don't know if you can use this one. The AVCCK Earphones Store is the trusted AliX store to buy it at, and maybe the only one. That is where I bought mine as well.

Mar 25, 2024 at 9:36 AM Post #74,520 of 75,563
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/2847025

That is a link to the store, but I can also follow the link @baskingshark posted, so I don't know if you can use this one. The AVCCK Earphones Store is the trusted AliX store to buy it at, and maybe the only one. That is where I bought mine as well.
Yeah. I can get to the store. See the earbuds. Cant get to the items page. Oh well. I hope this issue gets fixed sometime soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back