Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 15, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #74,416 of 75,869
Hey, guys! Me again. Just bought Faaeal Iris 2.0 for $1,20 and Snow Lotus for $4.
Would Yincrow X6 be redundant? They're not as cheap, and if I buy them, I won't be able to buy Temperament X6.

(Remembering I love my EB2S, but they lack bass)

Yincrow X6 is more bassy. Analoguish sounding and warm.

If you have heard the BLON BL-03 (IEM), this Yincrow X6 is like a earbud version of it. Thick note weight, smooth and non-fatiguing, but not too technical.

Mar 15, 2024 at 10:57 PM Post #74,417 of 75,869
Mar 15, 2024 at 11:01 PM Post #74,418 of 75,869
Hey, guys! Me again. Just bought Faaeal Iris 2.0 for $1,20 and Snow Lotus for $4.
Would Yincrow X6 be redundant? They're not as cheap, and if I buy them, I won't be able to buy Temperament X6.

(Remembering I love my EB2S, but they lack bass)
Congrats on your purchases! I want the Snow Lotus(and Rosemary, which will be going on sale for $12 on the 18th) myself. I'm loving on Faael right now. And now I want the EB2S! 🙃

As for getting the Yx6, that's up to you. I don't think it would be redundant if you're wanting to build a collection. If you don't want a big collection then I'll say this, ever since I got the Iris and Iris Ancestor I haven't really touched my Yx6. At all.

So I recommend holding off on the Yx6 until you get your new buds. If you feel satisfied with them, then no need to buy the yincrow. If you're curiosity gets the better of you and you order it, I think you'll like them. They're nicely tuned flats.

Do me a favor and let me know how the 2.0 stacks up against the EB2S? If you think you like the 2.0 more, then I'll scratch those off my list to buy. I'd appreciate it.

Mar 16, 2024 at 2:10 AM Post #74,419 of 75,869
Ali Express Anniversary Sale 3/18. Does anyone know how this compares to other sales, such as 11.11? Similar discounts, or not as great?

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 4:54 AM Post #74,421 of 75,869
got two questions:

a) i tried my best in searching the thread and the other not so important internet, but i couldnt find any descriptions of the Venture Electronics Zen SL.

Does anyone have them or had the pleasure to listen to them? I only have the monk plus and find the mids pretty impressive realistic, so i wonder what the higher tier VE Buds can do. If they have no above everage soundstage depth and hight, i would loose my interest tho.

b) Unfortunately the Fiio BTR15 i got is terribly flawed and needs a couple of updates before it might be usable for daily pleasure. The Qudelix 5k to my ears have almost no soundstage depth and layering and the Topping G5 sounds like instruments are shrinked an squeezed in either the center image or two medium blobs left and right.

Because of this I wonder if you could suggest any portable device with LDAC capabilities, that can at least compare with a low to midfi desktop device in soundstage depth, height and layering, oh and did i say soundstage depth?

I dont need EQ or other tricks, just the possibility of either using it as an usb dac or as an LDAC reciever with a stable connection to my BTR30pro or my phone and at least 250mw into 32ohms single ended.
Colouration, resolution, dynamics, details all dont matter the slightest, if it doesnt deliver a proper soundstage depth and height, with multiple layers it wont get the job. So thats my main must have. Wideness to the sides can be as small as it gets, that wouldnt bother me.

It should be available in Europe. Price up to 700EUR / $. It should drive the Yinman 600ohm decently not perfectly and will be used for earbuds only.

I dont need the best value, nor the cheapest alternative, i just want the maximum in spatial depth that is possible for that kind of money.
Size also doesnt matter as long as it is still portable.

If there isnt anything fitting i would go with the Xduoo XD05 pro, but with opamps it would cost me around 1k and when i am at 1k i would go the Violectric route, which would be slightly more expensive. But than i would also need a decent dac and so on.... I think you get, the problem :beyersmile:

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:14 AM Post #74,422 of 75,869
@sofastreamer Can you stretch your budget a bit? If I were looking for that kind of device, I’d probably look at the Shanling H7. I’ve listened to my Yinmans from mine and thought it drove them nicely enough. It’s a very good-sounding unit to my ears. You might even be able to find a used one for around your budget.

I haven’t owned or heard the smaller and less expensive H5, so I can’t speak to it. If you can, it might also be worth checking out the upcoming Questyle CMA18. There’s also the Fiio Q15.

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 5:32 AM Post #74,423 of 75,869
got two questions:

a) i tried my best in searching the thread and the other not so important internet, but i couldnt find any descriptions of the Venture Electronics Zen SL.

Does anyone have them or had the pleasure to listen to them? I only have the monk plus and find the mids pretty impressive realistic, so i wonder what the higher tier VE Buds can do. If they have no above everage soundstage depth and hight, i would loose my interest tho.

b) Unfortunately the Fiio BTR15 i got is terribly flawed and needs a couple of updates before it might be usable for daily pleasure. The Qudelix 5k to my ears have almost no soundstage depth and layering and the Topping G5 sounds like instruments are shrinked an squeezed in either the center image or two medium blobs left and right.

Because of this I wonder if you could suggest any portable device with LDAC capabilities, that can at least compare with a low to midfi desktop device in soundstage depth, height and layering, oh and did i say soundstage depth?

I dont need EQ or other tricks, just the possibility of either using it as an usb dac or as an LDAC reciever with a stable connection to my BTR30pro or my phone and at least 250mw into 32ohms single ended.
Colouration, resolution, dynamics, details all dont matter the slightest, if it doesnt deliver a proper soundstage depth and height, with multiple layers it wont get the job. So thats my main must have. Wideness to the sides can be as small as it gets, that wouldnt bother me.

It should be available in Europe. Price up to 700EUR / $. It should drive the Yinman 600ohm decently not perfectly and will be used for earbuds only.

I dont need the best value, nor the cheapest alternative, i just want the maximum in spatial depth that is possible for that kind of money.
Size also doesnt matter as long as it is still portable.

If there isnt anything fitting i would go with the Xduoo XD05 pro, but with opamps it would cost me around 1k and when i am at 1k i would go the Violectric route, which would be slightly more expensive. But than i would also need a decent dac and so on.... I think you get, the problem :beyersmile:
Hmm maybe you want to check out Andy Audiovault on YouTube?

Otherwise, given your budget, maybe Earmen Angel or ifi Diablo or Gryphon?

Mar 16, 2024 at 5:42 AM Post #74,424 of 75,869
got two questions:

Quoted from the main VE thread, @ian91 would be the one to ask.

_DSC3886.jpg

Another surprise this weekend - the Zen SL (300ohm). Vocal centric, detailed, big staging and high quality bass (with great impact even without foams).

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #74,425 of 75,869
Congrats on your purchases! I want the Snow Lotus(and Rosemary, which will be going on sale for $12 on the 18th) myself. I'm loving on Faael right now. And now I want the EB2S! 🙃

As for getting the Yx6, that's up to you. I don't think it would be redundant if you're wanting to build a collection. If you don't want a big collection then I'll say this, ever since I got the Iris and Iris Ancestor I haven't really touched my Yx6. At all.

So I recommend holding off on the Yx6 until you get your new buds. If you feel satisfied with them, then no need to buy the yincrow. If you're curiosity gets the better of you and you order it, I think you'll like them. They're nicely tuned flats.

Do me a favor and let me know how the 2.0 stacks up against the EB2S? If you think you like the 2.0 more, then I'll scratch those off my list to buy. I'd appreciate it.
@baskingshark made me really curious about them now. Maybe I'll grab it too 😅
Sure, bro! And you tell me what your thoughts o rosemary.

Mar 16, 2024 at 7:59 AM Post #74,426 of 75,869
@baskingshark made me really curious about them now. Maybe I'll grab it too 😅
Sure, bro! And you tell me what your thoughts o rosemary.

The Rosemary is a bassy and warm earbud. It needs amplification though, due to the 150 ohm impedance. I consider it an upgrade from the Yincrow X6, but it is more expensive.

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:03 AM Post #74,427 of 75,869
The Rosemary is a bassy and warm earbud. It needs amplification though, due to the 150 ohm impedance. I consider it an upgrade from the Yincrow X6, but it is more expensive.
They're almost the same price to my country.
A Moondrop Dawn Pro wouldn't be enough for portable use?
For desktop use I have a Ayiama DAC A02, but I rarely use it

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:09 AM Post #74,428 of 75,869
They're almost the same price to my country.
A Moondrop Dawn Pro wouldn't be enough for portable use?
For desktop use I have a Ayiama DAC A02, but I rarely use it

The Rosemary seems to be 2.5x more expensive at my country (Singapore).

But if they are the same price at your location, and if you have an amp, then it is a no brainer to get the Rosemary instead.

Mar 16, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #74,429 of 75,869
The Rosemary seems to be 2.5x more expensive at my country (Singapore).

But if they are the same price at your location, and if you have an amp, then it is a no brainer to get the Rosemary instead.
Yeah, Rosemary 4.4 is 12,5 USD and X6 is 10,5 USD. My only doubt now is if Moondrop Dawn Pro can power it. My main use is portable (apparently if balanced it can. Not sure yet).

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2024 at 10:53 AM Post #74,430 of 75,869
I highly recommend putting ear pads with a large cell, otherwise the bass will be excessive.
IMG20240316175217.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back