Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 8, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #68,656 of 75,540
Unfortunately they only have a one year warranty.

I wonder i they aren't just glued together (at the driver face), and some heat might allow them to be taken apart for the fix?!
I contacted them from amazon and they asked me to send it to china for repair, so I might be good.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions :)

Mar 8, 2023 at 1:33 PM Post #68,657 of 75,540
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a pair of budget bluetooth earbuds for commuting. I'm somewhat new to the 'hi-fi' audio scene and so am having difficulties choosing a pair. I listen to mainly orchestral/classical/neoclassical music, don't care much for bass (best if it's a bit underemphasized or neutral) but strongly appreciate clear, brilliant highs. Budget is ~100€ but I'm perfectly fine to opt for a much cheaper, value-oriented pair.

Also if there happens to be a wired in-ear model that better matches with my preferences I'd be happy to consider it as well. Thanks!

Mar 8, 2023 at 7:01 PM Post #68,658 of 75,540
Hey guys, I'm looking to buy a pair of budget bluetooth earbuds for commuting. I'm somewhat new to the 'hi-fi' audio scene and so am having difficulties choosing a pair. I listen to mainly orchestral/classical/neoclassical music, don't care much for bass (best if it's a bit underemphasized or neutral) but strongly appreciate clear, brilliant highs. Budget is ~100€ but I'm perfectly fine to opt for a much cheaper, value-oriented pair.

Also if there happens to be a wired in-ear model that better matches with my preferences I'd be happy to consider it as well. Thanks!

Generally I try not to use earbuds for commuting, as they have no isolation, so outside noises get in and you won't be getting full justice for the sound.

Secondly, it might tempt one to jack up the volume to overcome these outside noises, which is detrimental to hearing health in the long term. Ymmv.

If you are just walking outside on the street with earbuds that is okay, but for buses and trains, the noise can easily hit 90 dB, and earbud isolation is not ideal IMHO.

For cheap IEMs that are neutral bright and keeping in your requirements, I would recommend the Salnotes Zero. 20 bucks. For a slightly better upgrade (though more expensive), check out the Dunu Titan S.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 7:33 PM Post #68,659 of 75,540
Generally I try not to use earbuds for commuting, as they have no isolation, so outside noises get in and you won't be getting full justice for the sound.

Secondly, it might tempt one to jack up the volume to overcome these outside noises, which is detrimental to hearing health in the long term. Ymmv.

If you are just walking outside on the street with earbuds that is okay, but for buses and trains, the noise can easily hit 90 dB, and earbud isolation is not ideal IMHO.

Ugh... I worry about this. I have been using earbuds on my commute, because IEMs are just too uncomfortable for me. But I do have to turn them up up up.

Mar 8, 2023 at 8:27 PM Post #68,660 of 75,540

Besides the great suggestions by @baskingshark maybe a visit to the "Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?" thread will yield some fine suggestions as well. Some of the regulars there are always on the hunt for the latest and greatest in bluetooth gear and have listened to many different sets and will probably have some great suggestions for you. My own suggestion is for the Sony Linkbuds S (Amazon UK link), which is on sale (-37%) for £112.90 right now. While the sale price is slightly above your spend cap, it's a great deal for some capable wireless noise cancelling IEMs. A recent firmware update allows "multi-point" (2 devices) connection. The Sony headphones app allows simple EQ settings to be saved to the Linkbuds S so you can tune them once and use them with any phone or DAP.

Edit: You were asking about € and my mind went to British £ instead, sorry about that.

Even if you don't go for the Linkbuds S, one feature you should consider is a set with noise cancelling. Noise cancelling will block out a lot (not all) of the background noise and allow you to listen to music at a comfortable volume.

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2023 at 10:14 PM Post #68,661 of 75,540
Why no one post about VE Zen 3.0 ? Or do I miss someone's post?

Mar 9, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #68,662 of 75,540
New earbuds from Dunu. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

dunubuds.jpg

Mar 9, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #68,664 of 75,540
Mar 9, 2023 at 1:18 PM Post #68,665 of 75,540
Why no one post about VE Zen 3.0 ? Or do I miss someone's post?

I have only tried the Zen 2.0 once and I owned the Zen 3.0 briefly. Both were a bit too warm and mid centric for my tastes and what I was looking for, but they're both good earbuds that I can picture others who enjoy that sound sig more liking quite a bit. Did you have some specific question about them or are you just wondering why they don't get mentioned more often?

Edit: Let me add that if I had to decide between the two I would probably go with the Zen 3.0 as it gives you a bit more extension at each end of the spectrum.

Last edited:
Mar 9, 2023 at 2:59 PM Post #68,666 of 75,540
I have only tried the Zen 2.0 once and I owned the Zen 3.0 briefly. Both were a bit too warm and mid centric for my tastes and what I was looking for, but they're both good earbuds that I can picture others who enjoy that sound sig more liking quite a bit. Did you have some specific question about them or are you just wondering why they don't get mentioned more often?

Edit: Let me add that if I had to decide between the two I would probably go with the Zen 3.0 as it gives you a bit more extension at each end of the spectrum.
I think the Asura Pure White would be perfect since it's adds more brightness from what I heard.

There are alot of VE buds that are offered for sale that's not on the website. It's only for the sVIP since they can appreciate what Lee is trying to offer.

Mar 9, 2023 at 3:34 PM Post #68,667 of 75,540
Mar 9, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #68,668 of 75,540
Ordered the NiceHCK EB2S since it was on sale. I was unable to select the pink one with microphone, but I may be able to live with that. It has to be better than the TRN EMA. Hopefully the reviews are on point.:L3000:

I can't seem to find these anywhere. What are they calling them?
Apparently the parents are considering "Nigel" and "Peter", but it's not yet decided!:ksc75smile:

Mar 9, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #68,669 of 75,540
Hi all, thought this would be the best place to ask for help. I’ve tried a couple different brands and different thickness/types of foams and narrowed down my favorite to the thin donut foam from Venture Electronics. Anyone know where I can buy a pack of these or something similar?

F4523093-C724-414B-A44F-AF263F8CA120.jpeg

I can’t seem to find them sold separately anywhere. Last resort I can buy the EX-lite variety pack that Veclan sells on AliExpress but seems kinda wasteful to spend 3 USD on each pack given that I’ll only use two pairs out of each pack.

I’ve tried other brands like Fiio and Hiegi but they’ve all been a little too thick which causes the bass to sound a bit blunted to my ears.
Searching for "donut foams" on AE I find:
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...!sea!US!1846582919&curPageLogUid=UIvMKCFTjZXs

and
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2251...!sea!US!1846582919&curPageLogUid=n5B0UbxwhFOU

Hope these work for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back