Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 16, 2023 at 3:36 PM Post #67,816 of 75,293
Another option that I find really comfortable is the bud with the asymmetrical stem, this shell I can reach for hours without noticing it

20230116_205947.jpg

Jan 16, 2023 at 4:06 PM Post #67,818 of 75,293
Hello, been a while. I've been using my Yincrow X6s and the other similar-looking plastic pair whose name I always forget (DIY MX500 something something) a lot more again recently for gaming and while I generally like them, I've been starting to feel like the shells are just a bit too big with any foams (I use the donut ones for both). Like, if I get them to fit properly they do feel fine, but it's always a hassle to actually find that fit. Without foams, the size is perfect but they both sound a bit tinny.

Are there any earbuds around with just slightly smaller shells, or is this it as far as size and shape goes? Looking for a cheap pair and a warm sound again, but the sound quality isn't THAT important since it's for gaming.
I have a ton of Trig Rain foams of varying colors. They are thin foams and would be good for what you need. I would be willing to sell a bunch of them, US based. Let me know.

I went a little crazy on them last year :)

20230116_131033.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #67,819 of 75,293
Wonderful, those are some really cheap boys too, definitely a better choice for me right now--no offense to FranQL and the very appealingly named "diy earphone pk1 pk2 SR2 16ohms/32ohms/150ohms 8 share heart of ocean silver plated wire" buds! Surprised to see that the TRN EMAs even have detachable cables. For ten euros!

I enjoy the X6 bass a lot, but yeah, like I said, functionality and comfort are what I'm looking for right now so these seem like they should be perfectly fine for this particular use case. Thank you!

they are all good, the 150 is the warmest, a transparent film PK150 driver, the 32 Ohm is an excellent driver (pk32), some modder used them selling these buds for well over €100, 16 Ohm is a driver SR2, with a very good bass....

the cable is exceptional, an 8-core goddes cable that personally seems to me to be of outstanding quality... ideal for the buds...

but of course it's my opinion.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 5:53 PM Post #67,820 of 75,293
pk is
a bitch (disclaimer, my ears deviate hard from the norm, i like it warmer than even woody does)
there are only a handful more drivers i can try
but in any config it has too much shout imo
everything else is fine but my ears are too special for "normal" sound
they are all good, the 150 is the warmest, a transparent film PK150 driver, the 32 Ohm is an excellent driver (pk32), some modder used them selling these buds for well over €100, 16 Ohm is a driver SR2, with a very good bass....

the cable is exceptional, an 8-core goddes cable that personally seems to me to be of outstanding quality... ideal for the buds...

but of course it's my opinion.
the shells are nice though i guess
although qian/lite is better for me

Jan 16, 2023 at 7:00 PM Post #67,822 of 75,293
I'm so glad that I found out about earbuds, I just didn't know such good quality could be had for such a good price.
So thanks everybody for writing in this thread in such detail, i probably never would have found out about them without it.
I recently bought the Yincrow X6 and really like them. The comfort sadly isn't the best for me and I'd like to try a different shape.

Here comes the problem though, many earbuds like the Qian39 are what I would described as "Geoblocked" in Germany on Aliexpress.
When you search for them they don't appear in the results and when you have a direct link there are various error messages such as "Sorry, this item's currently unavailable in your location.".
Same is true for all FAAEAL products for example.
I found no explanation why it is like that that makes sense.
It can't be that they want you go through local distributors because many of those products aren't even available here.
Another explanation I thought about would be a newer EU packaging law, but that also doesn't make sense because I can order many things from the NiceHCK store but some products are just filtered out. I tested it with a VPN to see what's available normally.

It's such a weird problem I can't find an explanation and worse no workaround for.
Does anybody have an idea how i could get the Qian39?
I tried to find it on TaoBao to potentially buy it through Superbuy or similar, but i couldn't find them.

Jan 16, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #67,823 of 75,293
I have a ton of Trig Rain foams of varying colors. They are thin foams and would be good for what you need. I would be willing to sell a bunch of them, US based. Let me know.

I went a little crazy on them last year :)

20230116_131033.jpg

I ordered a bunch of these and really like them in terms of comfort and sonic profile. But I realize some batches of these coloured foams, some of the dye leaks out, and stains the shirt and cable and earbud!

It is quite strange, some batches, I have zero issues, but for other batches, the dye just bleaches out onto anything that touches it. Think it might be a QC issue from their factory! But anyway since then, I decided to just keep to Hiegi foams, so far those haven't bleached out on my gear.

Jan 16, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #67,825 of 75,293
@jogawag

With both of those links i sadly get the "Sorry, this item's currently unavailable in your location.".

Thanks to you I found them on Taobao though!
Now I just have to find out how much it's gonna cost and everything, never actually bought anything there.
But I'm happy that there seems to be at least a possibility of getting them.

Thank you so much!

Jan 17, 2023 at 7:50 AM Post #67,826 of 75,293
I ordered a bunch of these and really like them in terms of comfort and sonic profile. But I realize some batches of these coloured foams, some of the dye leaks out, and stains the shirt and cable and earbud!

It is quite strange, some batches, I have zero issues, but for other batches, the dye just bleaches out onto anything that touches it. Think it might be a QC issue from their factory! But anyway since then, I decided to just keep to Hiegi foams, so far those haven't bleached out on my gear.

I ordered some Trig foams once in various colours and most of them had imperfections and variation in the dye take up. I didn't use them long enough to see if they leaked colour but I wasn't left impressed. It's a shame really and does appear batch dependent. They should have better QC but i suppose the low value of the product doesn't encourage them to dedicate much oversight.

Jan 17, 2023 at 11:21 AM Post #67,827 of 75,293
Yincrow Calf is here, I wouldn't say it really has less treble than the RW-1000, maybe very slightly more polite but that's about it.

It has a lot more bass however, which brings back the overall presentation to a much fuller level. It's not bloated, vague bass either like the Smabat gold can be, it's quite tight and well defined, and on the shorter side of decay.

I think it has a bit more forward mids too, which can be a bit too much on loud trumpet, but gives the whole sound a good energy otoh.

Really love the packaging, cable and leather case

Jan 17, 2023 at 11:32 AM Post #67,828 of 75,293
I’ll post this here too..

Serratus is destroying one of my fav IEM’s og Andro…took my time and sources but Serratus hands down has it beat on pretty much every level, I don’t do reviews, volume matching or graphs just what I personally enjoy listening to and yeah that wee bud
:fist_right:
’s way above it’s price point…well done Jim @tgx
:raised_hands:

Jan 18, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #67,830 of 75,293
Your english is fine, and yes the rw-1000 sounds extremely dry, almost lifeless in comparison. But because there's not much bass the treble stands out a lot more and gives the impression to reveal more detail, which is actually an illusion I think (would have to see graphs to validate my impression that they have the same amount of treble in fine)

I like both in the end, I don't listen to a lot of classical, but when I do I tend to reach for the RW-1000 because they sound more like some hi-fi thin towers in a living room would to me

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back