Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 2, 2022 at 6:03 PM Post #66,346 of 75,878
A clear example of what @Ronion says about BG is that if you prioritize high mids 300 BG leads to great results like Blur beutiful wich. Although that is too much for me and the stage seems quite narrow. Playing with that driver you can get tight and fast, dry bass, and have the rest of the frequencies at an excellent level, with a slightly higher stage than average, but really similar to headphones. Of course, if you do tests A and B with the best ones, then you will notice the difference, but if you don't, they are very, very worthy and I like them better than the rest of the 300 Ohm that I tried (I´ve pending 300 LCP, its the only one that calls my attention, and you are to blame).

150 Ohm BG is very good, it does everything well, but... that one is not among my favorites, there is always a naughty treble peak adjusted to my preference, removing that peak ends up giving me a muddier result, like when you remove the brightness in a photo, matte.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 7:40 PM Post #66,348 of 75,878
(I´ve pending 300 LCP, its the only one that calls my attention, and you are to blame).

I'll take that reaponsibility. The 300 LCPs are great drivers no doubt!

I appreciate you and @Ronion breaking down your thoughts on these 300 white glue drivers. You guys are the best. Thanks!

Nov 2, 2022 at 7:45 PM Post #66,349 of 75,878
Hi folks, is there any agreed upon naming schemes for these drivers? Would be easier to know what is what for newbies like myself.

Nov 2, 2022 at 8:03 PM Post #66,350 of 75,878
I'll take that reaponsibility. The 300 LCPs are great drivers no doubt!

I appreciate you and @Ronion breaking down your thoughts on these 300 white glue drivers. You guys are the best. Thanks!
I'm chomping at the bit to build my next set of 300LCP. I know what tweaks I want to make with them, but I just want to measure the remaining driver several more times to see if it returns to baseline. It hasn't so far......
Hi folks, is there any agreed upon naming schemes for these drivers? Would be easier to know what is what for newbies like myself.
Sort of... We tend to refer to them by the color of glue on them and abbreviate. Take for instance the BG, pronounced BeeGee (not to be confused with the music group which bears no affiliation with @JAnonymous5150)
Screen Shot 2022-11-02 at 4.55.54 PM.png

Though they may look alike, @JAnonymous5150 is not, and I repeat "is not" the one in the middle. Now that we have that clear, let's continue. (right now @JAnonymous5150's people are wondering how I know he looks like that). :wink:
BG refers to Blue Glue which may be one of 3 drivers: the 32BG, 150BG, or the 300BG. 32, 150, and 300 refer to their impedance. WG=White Glue. Some drivers we refer to with their cone material: LCP, Beryllium(abbreviated to Be or Bery), Bio (for biological film), DLC, CNT, PET (like Blue PET), and the Red Dot family with large solder tabs (and who knows what else) we may say Red Dot, Pink Dot, Blue Dot, etc...

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2022 at 8:17 PM Post #66,352 of 75,878
I'm chomping at the bit to build my next set of 300LCP. I know what tweaks I want to make with them, but I just want to measure the remaining driver several more times to see if it returns to baseline. It hasn't so far......

Sort of... We tend to refer to them by the color of glue on them and abbreviate. Take for instance the BG, pronounced BeeGee (not to be confused with the music group which bears no affiliation with @JAnonymous5150)
Though they may look alike, @JAnonymous5150 is not, and I repeat "is not" the one in the middle. Now that we have that clear, let's continue. (right now @JAnonymous5150's people are wondering how I know he looks like that). :wink:
BG refers to Blue Glue which may be one of 3 drivers: the 32BG, 150BG, or the 300BG. 32, 150, and 300 refer to their impedance. WG=White Glue. Some drivers we refer to with their cone material: LCP, Beryllium(abbreviated to Be or Bery), Bio (for biological film), DLC, CNT, PET (like Blue PET), and the Red Dot family with large solder tabs (and who knows what else) we may say Red Dot, Pink Dot, Blue Dot, etc...
LOL 🤣 I wish I had a mane of locks I could wear puffed up like that! I would go bankrupt paying for professional headshots just trying to find a photographer that could do it justice. 😜

Nov 2, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #66,354 of 75,878

Thanks for the explanation, mate!

Btw, in my head, @JAnonymous5150 looks like young Bon Jovi when he recorded Living on a Prayer :thinking:

Nov 2, 2022 at 8:37 PM Post #66,355 of 75,878
Thanks for the explanation, mate!

Btw, in my head, @JAnonymous5150 looks like young Bon Jovi when he recorded Living on a Prayer :thinking:

Hold on and let me get this straight! Does everyone on here picture me as some kind of primped and blowdried 80s idol? That's AWESOME! And hilarious, BTW 🤣

As for @FranQL and his assertion regarding my falsetto, I can assure you that I don't have a falsetto at all. I am blessed with a good enough ear to know just how terrible my singing voice is so I never got around to developing it lol!

I was having a bit of a frustrating day, but these three posts just turned that all around. Wait until I tell my girl that you all think she's with Bon Jovi or something. She's gonna feel so cheated...😜

Nov 2, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #66,356 of 75,878
Have anyone tried monk v2s or the old ones? Are they as good as veclan fanboys say?
Hey there! I just got mine today. It sounds good for what it is worth to my ears. It is better than the Monk Plus SPC for me, given that they are similarly priced in my country. However, it sounds nearer and better to the old Monk V2 more than it is nearer to the ZEN, as what some people said. Nevertheless, it is good and very worthy for their current price :smile:

Last edited:
Nov 3, 2022 at 10:01 AM Post #66,358 of 75,878
Quest2_YincrowX6.jpg

My thanks to all who recommended the Yincrow X6 as quality budget buds

I needed to validate fit with MX500 type shell, and figured that the X6 would be adequate for a VR use

Well, fit is validated and the X6 is indeed perfect with the Quest2 for immersiveness without being cut out from real life environment

Nov 3, 2022 at 12:14 PM Post #66,360 of 75,878

Users who are viewing this thread

Back