Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 14, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #66,091 of 75,288
Pardon my ignorance, but is the Yinman 600 ohm not detachable? I saw some photos on Aliexpress that is has MMCX?

Actually thinking of getting one during 11/11 if finances allow. But non-detachable cable buds/IEMS > $50 USD is a deal-breaker for me. Not only durability, but I would like to use aftermarket balanced cables or BT adapters.

HTB12gb3RVXXXXa3apXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg
They haven't updated the picture. If you order it, they will message you with the actual picture 😅. The mmcx one isn't available anymore

Oct 14, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #66,092 of 75,288
They haven't updated the picture. If you order it, they will message you with the actual picture 😅. The mmcx one isn't available anymore

Ah thanks for the info! Helped a lot!

Looks like I'd be giving it a miss then!

Oct 14, 2022 at 3:58 AM Post #66,093 of 75,288
Oct 14, 2022 at 4:23 AM Post #66,094 of 75,288
Pardon my ignorance, but is the Yinman 600 ohm not detachable? I saw some photos on Aliexpress that is has MMCX?

Actually thinking of getting one during 11/11 if finances allow. But non-detachable cable buds/IEMS > $50 USD is a deal-breaker for me. Not only durability, but I would like to use aftermarket balanced cables or BT adapters.

HTB12gb3RVXXXXa3apXXq6xXFXXXX.jpg
I used to have same reservation on Yinman mmcx as well..but tell you what, it is well worth an earbuds of 100 usd non detachable price point.

Provided you have the powerful amplifier for it.

Oct 14, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #66,097 of 75,288
Ah thanks for the info! Helped a lot!

Looks like I'd be giving it a miss then!
Shame! With the right source, these are amazing!
It is indeed a shame, as these are the best buds I have heard to date (short of @FranQL DIY/custom buds). But... there may be good news, as I have been reading how much others are liking the 600Be buds @tgx78 (and others) makes. There is even some debate that they might be using the same drivers. I would bet you could commission one of those people to do such a bud (though they would most likely not be wood, which gives some beautiful warm but never muddy resonance/timbre to the sound and is part of the allure of these).

As for me, I just may purchase a second pair, and try and modify them to have MMXC connector on them, though I am not too sure I can do it because the stem looks to be too small in diameter to accomplish this.

Having said all of that, the cable on these is actually really good and very high quality (IMHO). It actually reminds me of some of the iBasso stock cables that people raved about when they were putting out one hit after another in IEMs. Plus, I ordered mine in 2.5mm balanced so that I can use the connector in any device I might want to. Even hating a "static" cable has not stopped me from totally enjoying these. But as usual YMMV, and I wouldn't blame you too much if you couldn't get over this issue. :)
I'm looking for a new earbud for female vocal/asian-pop music/ballad/acoustic
Can be with cable or tws.
What's the best for female vocal ?
Price: 100usd/eur max. The less the better I guess? Going to buy it during Black Friday or 11.11
While I don't have the experience with the sheer amount of buds that I have listened to that someone like @JAnonymous5150 or @WoodyLuvr might have, I will offer my thoughts anyhow. I am assuming two things here; you want a set that has a boosted pina gain, and also a detachable cable?! If this is the truth, really most all of the budget "ChiFi" buds will have a boosted ear gain (some more than others). But a detachable cable is not as common, though there are lots out there to be had.

If you can live with a fixed cable, the FiiO or the Yinman 2.0 600 might be the best you can get in this price range. You would definitely need some power to push the Yinmans though.

If you just gotta' have the removable cable, I would suggest some Smabat buds. The M4 might do well for you (though they hurt my ears in this area), so I would suggest (IMO) that you try and get some M2s Pro, or the ST10S (B&G) which are fantastic.

The M2s Pro have been discontinued, but you can still get them (just none of the drivers to change out with, unless you get lucky with a third party seller), but the ST10S B&G are still available from Smabat.

Oh, and there is also the Yincrow Calf, but I didn't put them up there as a rec only because I have not heard them, nor heard any thoughts on them as of yet (other than someone simply saying that they are great). @WoodyLuvr is supposed to be getting a set and comparing them to the flagship RW series soon though.

Oct 14, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #66,099 of 75,288
As for me, I just may purchase a second pair, and try and modify them to have MMXC connector on them, though I am not too sure I can do it because the stem looks to be too small in diameter to accomplish this.

Wow I won't dare to do an MMCX mod on a $100+ earbud haha! I've no doubt that some of the DIY kings here in this thread can do it, but imagine screwing up and damaging it (it ain't a $1 Vido haha).

But the wooden shell and small stem as you say, make it look a bit difficult to mod. I am also afraid the wood will crack if you try to put in an MMCX connector.

Oct 14, 2022 at 2:41 PM Post #66,102 of 75,288
Taking a chance. I have a Moonbuds Super Nightingale V2 en route to me. I have heard very good things in the past and read some reviews online but not much recently. Build quality seems very very good. @WoodyLuvr and others, any opinions?
Never heard his buds before but whenever I see photos, I always wonder if the heatshrink is that way on purpose or if he doesnt know how to use it 😅

Oct 14, 2022 at 9:24 PM Post #66,105 of 75,288
I'm looking for a new earbud for female vocal/asian-pop music/ballad/acoustic
Can be with cable or tws.
What's the best for female vocal ?
Price: 100usd/eur max. The less the better I guess? Going to buy it during Black Friday or 11.11
Maybe a SMABAT?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back