Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 29, 2022 at 8:21 AM Post #65,521 of 75,282
At least earbuds with more focus on upper midrange or treble lends some sort of "body" to the instruments. Celsus Gramo One, Rose Mojito and Moondrop Liebesleid were a bit too sharp for my liking and I sold them all (for some strange reason I bought a second pair of Liebesleid this summer to give them a second chance - but I still feel the same about them). EMX has also got a sort of strange metallic type of sheen over the music. Cannot describe it in any other way. It makes instruments not sound natural and combined with poor fit there is no real bass presence.
In your case emx dont fit into your ears and your impressions are not true.if emx fit perfectly they has body and lot of subbass and especially on balance.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 8:39 AM Post #65,522 of 75,282
In your case emx dont fit into your ears and your impressions are not true.is emx fit perfectly they has body and lot of subbass and especially on balance.

Yeah, that might be the case. Perceived bass on earbuds depend a lot on fit. I've now tried with silicon rings as well. Both silicon rings only and silicon rings with thin VE foams over.
No problems with fit for MX500 or PK shells. No fit problems with the Moondrop earbuds or Rose Mojito. But the EMX buggers do not seem get along with my ears, in more than one way.

Sep 29, 2022 at 8:43 AM Post #65,523 of 75,282
Yeah, that might be the case. Perceived bass on earbuds depend a lot on fit. I've now tried with silicon rings as well. Both silicon rings only and silicon rings with thin VE foams over.
No problems with fit for MX500 or PK shells. No fit problems with the Moondrop earbuds or Rose Mojito. But the EMX buggers do not seem get along with my ears, in more than one way.
In my ears don't fit mx500 like shells :frowning2:

Sep 29, 2022 at 9:55 AM Post #65,524 of 75,282
Unfortunately I still haven’t found great Thai food in the Bay Area. A couple are certainly good, but So Cal generally has better Thai IMHO. Even Santa Barbara has great Thai food. Why is it so hard to find here where the Thai population is much larger? My bet is that they are engineers instead of restauranteurs, but I really have no idea. In LA it seems common.
Unfortunately, there are no Thai restaurants to be found in or around the area I live... :frowning2: I would have to drive at least an hour one way (???).
I don’t know how blocking works in head-fi (never used), but I don’t think he can read what you wrote, mate. Maybe let it go? :dt880smile:

What brings you to this thread? Looking to buy something or build something?
You are correct insomuch as I can't see what an ignored person has written. I can see when they are quoted though.

My apologies to all that I did not ignore this person to begin with. Normally it wouldn't bother me to have a "civil" debate on facts (or to even learn something I may or may not have known previously), which is what I thought this was going to be at first, but from the start this person was very condescending, and was seemingly taking things either out of context, or deliberately misunderstanding in order to argue their point or twist statements to fit the argument. It is people like this that made @miserybeforethemusic end up leaving Head-Fi for good.

I will not! :)

Anyhow, I also forgot to comment on what you said previously; and that is that I would listen to your DIY buds even now. I DO think you will advance in your knowledge of DIY, but I'll bet that they already sound really good.

Also, I really liked your harmonica recorded works. Do you have anything recorded with the Violin?

@Ronion In the same vein, is there still access on the cloud of your recorded piano playing? I would also love to hear that! :)

Sep 29, 2022 at 10:09 AM Post #65,525 of 75,282
Also, I really liked your harmonica recorded works. Do you have anything recorded with the Violin?

I recorded one video for my mom’s birthday. She is mom so she likes anything I make. My violin sounds quite poor, I can assure you :dt880smile:

Sep 29, 2022 at 10:13 AM Post #65,526 of 75,282
A simple and cheap 32 Ohm, but with exceptional performance, I love them, and the more I use them, the addiction increases.

80.jpg
You move fast, hermano 🍻 IMG_20220925_164557_147.jpg

Sep 29, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #65,527 of 75,282
Unfortunately, there are no Thai restaurants to be found in or around the area I live... :frowning2: I would have to drive at least an hour one way (???).

You are correct insomuch as I can't see what an ignored person has written. I can see when they are quoted though.

My apologies to all that I did not ignore this person to begin with. Normally it wouldn't bother me to have a "civil" debate on facts (or to even learn something I may or may not have known previously), which is what I thought this was going to be at first, but from the start this person was very condescending, and was seemingly taking things either out of context, or deliberately misunderstanding in order to argue their point or twist statements to fit the argument. It is people like this that made @miserybeforethemusic end up leaving Head-Fi for good.

I will not! :)

Anyhow, I also forgot to comment on what you said previously; and that is that I would listen to your DIY buds even now. I DO think you will advance in your knowledge of DIY, but I'll bet that they already sound really good.

@Ronion In the same vein, is there still access on the cloud of your recorded piano playing? I would also love to hear that! :)And
https://on.soundcloud.com/FxJdn

this is the first movement of the first Sonatina for piano trio I wrote. It’s all done on an iPad sound don’t expect studio quality:)

and the piano part for the 5th movement of my first Sonata is there as well:
https://on.soundcloud.com/Z7JdY

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 11:20 AM Post #65,528 of 75,282
I recorded one video for my mom’s birthday. She is mom so she likes anything I make. My violin sounds quite poor, I can assure you :dt880smile:
Well, I guarantee it isn't any worse than me.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
https://on.soundcloud.com/FxJdn

this is the first movement of the first Sonatina for piano trio I wrote. It’s all done on an iPad sound don’t expect studio quality:)

and the piano part for the 5th movement of my first Sonata is there as well:
https://on.soundcloud.com/Z7JdY
Splendid! I will give it a listen later.

Sep 29, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #65,529 of 75,282
Well, I guarantee it isn't any worse than me.... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Splendid! I will give it a listen later.

I was lucky enough to have had @Ronion share his piano works with me a while back. Let me just say, whether the tracks are studio quality or not, the talent is easily heard. I have always been pretty inept at playing the piano/keys, but I have been around talented pianists since I was born and I know when I'm hearing talent.

@o0genesis0o : Dude, your harmonica tracks/albums are damn good as well! I had heard you mention that you play the violin before, but I had never seen you mention your talents on the harmonica. To me, making the harmonica sound like actual playing rather than improvised noise-making is pretty difficult. I have listened to supposed professionals whose "playing" I can't stand because of the fact that it lacks coherent structure. Not so with you, my friend.

Thanks to both of you guys for sharing your musical chops with us. It's so cool to be around two such talented individual. And not just musically talented either...

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:07 PM Post #65,530 of 75,282
To @4ceratops just in case you're interested. I had some materials I needed to order from AliExpress for a pair of over ears I'm putting together as a DIY project. Your post the other day asking about the titanium version of the NSC Audio LCP buds I have been talking about got me thinking that I really should give them a shot. As I'm sure anyone who read this thread over the last couple months could tell you, my curiosity is a strong factor in purchases so I ordered a pair of the titanium driver buds.

If you'd like, I'll do my best to try to remember to keep you posted about how I like them. If, however, you already ordered a pair for yourself, I'd love to compare notes.

Edit: Turns out it was @drewbadour who was asking about the titanium version. Sorry, I got the wrong person the first time, but the offer to keep you posted if you're interested in how the titanium version of the NSC Audio buds stands. Just let me know!

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 3:04 PM Post #65,531 of 75,282
To @4ceratops just in case you're interested. I had some materials I needed to order from AliExpress for a pair of over ears I'm putting together as a DIY project. Your post the other day asking about the titanium version of the NSC Audio LCP buds I have been talking about got me thinking that I really should give them a shot. As I'm sure anyone who read this thread over the last couple months could tell you, my curiosity is a strong factor in purchases so I ordered a pair of the titanium driver buds.

If you'd like, I'll do my best to try to remember to keep you posted about how I like them. If, however, you already ordered a pair for yourself, I'd love to compare notes.
Thanks for the interest and for the info, but the titanium version was asked about by another user in this thread. I've become interested in the LCP version, which you own and have spoken highly of. I couldn't resist and ordered them 4 days ago. Some unoccupied balanced mmxc cable is still hiding in the dark recesses of my accessory box, so all I can do is wait. Have a nice day, good hearing and lots of great music.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #65,532 of 75,282
Thanks for the interest and for the info, but the titanium version was asked about by another user in this thread. I've become interested in the LCP version, which you own and have spoken highly of. I couldn't resist and ordered them 4 days ago. Some unoccupied balanced mmxc cable is still hiding in the dark recesses of my accessory box, so all I can do is wait. Have a nice day, good hearing and lots of great music.

Sorry, I'll have to look back and figure out who was asking about the titanium version.

Anyways, you have to let me know how you like the 80 LCPs. I think they're pretty a pretty sweet set of buds and I'm always down to compare notes. I can't remember who off the top of my head, but someone else on this thread picked them up and ended up diggin' them, as well.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:32 PM Post #65,533 of 75,282
Unfortunately I can’t get @o0genesis0o ’s harmonica recording to work on my phone. Hopefully I’ll be able to hear them tonight on the computer, but I will be working late. My lunch break is now over, but let me just throw this out here: the PK2 drivers have the best vintage sound and the PK shell is as comfortable as the come. Too bad the MX500 took over as the go to shell IMO. I mean it’s a great shell for tuning, but the fit is more challenging. Not horrible, but definitely not as good for me ears.

Sep 29, 2022 at 3:34 PM Post #65,534 of 75,282
Oh wow. The matching between the earpieces and the plug is so great. I like the earthy tone cable matching with the leather cable wrap thingy. The red and blue gems (?) to distinguish left and right buds are great idea too. Inspiring :thumbsup:

Can those 32 ohm drivers compete with high impedance ones?

I have a weakness for high impedance, I have a fuller sound and better results, but I am always doing things and experimenting, I try practically everything regarding bud drivers (except families of exactly the same drivers with different impedances, there I buy the highest usually).

In this case I am fully satisfied, they are great, although they have a lot of work, but even so, they do not manage to contribute what I experience when listening to 600 Ohm. That does not mean that the others should be discarded, there are very good DIY drivers on the market and my tastes / preferences sure that they are not universal.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 4:05 PM Post #65,535 of 75,282
Sorry, I'll have to look back and figure out who was asking about the titanium version.

Anyways, you have to let me know how you like the 80 LCPs. I think they're pretty a pretty sweet set of buds and I'm always down to compare notes. I can't remember who off the top of my head, but someone else on this thread picked them up and ended up diggin' them, as well.
Greetings again and I'll be sure to share my impressions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back