Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 24, 2022 at 12:14 AM Post #65,206 of 75,270
I have the whole M4 package sitting on my table at home as we speak. When I dipped home for a little bit today I chose to grab the new Cypherus buds over the M4 stuff. As Herry just mentioned, he mailed my ZF Pro and Black Edition like three months ago and I ordered them and sent in the Blacks even before that so I have been looking forward to these bad boys for a long time. The Cypherus buds were some of the first high end pairs I went after. I picked the Black Editions up used a couple weeks after I got my ES-P1s and they already had a channel imbalance when I got them but I got them for almost nothing so it was more than worth it.
Oh, I don't blame your choices for sure. :)
I'm planning on giving the M4s a whirl later on this weekend. I'm looking forward to the whole modular switching system. I also have the Super Ones that I ordered at the same time and I'm looking forward to seeing if there's a difference between the Super Ones and the M4s with the SO drivers installed. Should be fun!
It will be interesting to hear from you about them. I think that @mt877 and myself are the only ones that have them so far (on here), but I could be wrong and if I have forgotten anyone, my apologies.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:15 AM Post #65,207 of 75,270
Speaking of which, do old (bikers) like me still go to concerts, or would I stand out like a sore thumb? I remember when I was a kid going to concerts, I don't remember seeing any old people there. :)

Hell yeah they do! My uncle and his Hells Angels chapter roll to concerts all the time. When ZZ Top played in Bakersfield they road 90 bikes deep to the show! 🤘

Edit: I should also add that he and my aunt go to all kinds of concerts with their non-HA biker friends and by themselves all the time. My girl and I have gone with them to Neil Young, Elton John, Eric Clapton, etc.

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 12:17 AM Post #65,208 of 75,270
Hell yeah they do! My uncle and his Hells Angels chapter roll to concerts all the time. When ZZ Top played in Bakersfield they road 90 bikes deep to the show! 🤘
Fantastic! I have been to more than I can count (in the hundreds), but I haven't been to one in MANY a year. I think the last one I caught was either ZZ Top at the Indy 500, or Candlebox at an Eazy Riders Tour.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #65,209 of 75,270
Fantastic! I have been to more than I can count (in the hundreds), but I haven't been to one in MANY a year. I think the last one I caught was either ZZ Top at the Indy 500, or Candlebox at an Eazy Riders Tour.

I just edited that post to make it clear that they go without the whole crew also. You should definitely get with Mrs. Samandhi and figure out what the first show of the rest of your rock n roll lives should be. Now that pandemic rules have relaxed a ton of acts are all doing the concert circuit so now should be a good time to catch a show you'll dig!

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #65,210 of 75,270
I just edited that post to make it clear that they go without the whole crew also. You should definitely get with Mrs. Samandhi and figure out what the first show of the rest of your rock n roll lives should be. Now that pandemic rules have relaxed a ton of acts are all doing the concert circuit so now should be a good time to catch a show you'll dig!
Yeah, I like the idea, however Mrs. Samandhi (as you so eloquently put it :)) is ONLY into country (which I don't like at all unless it is old school "outlaw" country).

On the other hand, you just made me think, so I did a quick search, and we have a very small town, but a place just opened up not too long before the pandemic that has all metal all the time, and it appears to be pretty big names (for some reason). It actually surprises me with who comes here (for being such a small "hick" town, so to speak). That and the fact that the building capacity is only something like 200 or so. I love bands that don't think ANY gig is too small....

On next Thursday we will have these availale (that I could walk to lol):

Bands:
Drowning Pool

Openers:
Through Fire
Black Satellite
Kurt Deimer

WOW!

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 12:47 AM Post #65,211 of 75,270
Yeah, I like the idea, however Mrs. Samandhi (as you so eloquently put it :)) is ONLY into country (which I don't like at all unless it is old school "outlaw" country).

On the other hand, you just made me think, so I did a quick search, and we have a very small town, but a place just opened up not too long before the pandemic that has all metal all the time, and it appears to be pretty big names (for some reason). It actually surprises me with who comes here (for being such a small "hick" town, so to speak). That and the fact that the building capacity is only something like 200 or so. I love bands that don't think ANY gig is too small....

On next Thursday we will have these availale (that I could walk to lol):

Bands:
Drowning Pool

Openers:
Through Fire
Black Satellite
Kurt Deimer

WOW!

Dude! How are you not hitting up that venue every freakin' week!

Smart bands will keep playing the small shows in all of the out of the way towns they can between bigger shows and tours. You'll never find a more grateful group of fans than those in a small town who got to see a band they love perform at their local dive with only a couple hundred people there. Those are the stories people tell for decades that earn a band an awesome rep and a loyal fanbase. Epic stadium and festival sets are cool for sure, but they're fewer and further between and they're less personal.

As a musician, I love playing smaller shows and then getting to have a few beers with fans or even just kick it out back by the bus while out equipment gets loaded up. Plus, at a lot of the smaller venues we play we go to them year after year (partly so you don't end up playing empty shows at terrible places lol) and you'll see the same faces show up again and again. It's so gratifying to get to know fans that have dug your band and supported your band for years and, in return, continuing to play these smaller, more accessible shows are one of the best ways to pay those fans back. You gotta let them know that they haven't been left behind.

I think many of the best groups out there know this. Playing small venues in big cities for super popular bands can turn into a riot so playing small shows in small towns can become the only feasible way to play those kinds of sets for bigger acts. It ends up working out for the fans and the bands.

Sep 24, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #65,212 of 75,270
To my Blur fans out there, is there a way to get in touch with the guys who makes Blur buds to possibly place an order if I don't have access through Facebook or does he only deal on Facebook and IG?

I've sent a Facebook message to Wong Kuan Wae, with a link to your post here.
He replied with this:
"Thanks Bro
😉

Can help me send my Instargram user name : blurearbuds_boleh7
Or email me at waewae@ymail.com
"

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:00 AM Post #65,213 of 75,270
He replied with this:
"Thanks Bro
😉

"

My man! Thank you so much. I'll have to shoot him an email when I get a chance. I've heard so much in the way of good things about various Blur models that it's gonna be hard to know where to start. I suppose I'll just do what I have done with other DIYers and smaller makers and ask for his recommendation on a pair to begin with. You're the man! 😎

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #65,214 of 75,270
Try Sturgill Simpson if you haven’t. I’d start with the “ Metamodern Sounds in Country Music” Album. It’s a beautiful album. And don’t grammar police me on quoting a title LOL

Last edited:
Sep 24, 2022 at 1:09 AM Post #65,215 of 75,270
Try Sturgill Simpson if you haven’t. I’d start with the “ Metamodern Sounds in Country Music” Album. It’s a beautiful album. And don’t grammar police me on quoting a title LOL

I have a tattoo with Merle Haggard lyrics so I love a good outlaw country piece. I'm gonna have to look this guy up...

Sep 24, 2022 at 1:47 AM Post #65,216 of 75,270
LOL when I started out with the earbud thing, I basically thought to myself that I wanted to go all out, skip the years of trying an earbud here and there, and just try anything and everything that seemed to be elite or that piqued my interest. I was in a unique position having just sold literally $25k worth of gear in the months before I started to have the "war chest" to make this happen. I piggybacked off the hard earned knowledge and experience of guys like @WoodyLuvr, you, and others who's posts popped up often on this thread and started putting together a kind of mental list of things I felt I had to try.

It's also important to note that I also wanted to have a solid collection of some of the best of the best in it by the time I go back to touring in November. Even now, as my recording work is picking up, I am already having significantly less time to audition new gear properly so I really had to pack a lot into the truly free time I have/had otherwise I would likely have to leave the job half done and then end up in a very similar position when I finish almost a solid year of touring next year. I also have to confess that I ended up keeping a lot more earbuds than I ever intended to, but I have also sold off or am in the process of selling off a lot of buds as well. After listening to a couple of recent acquisitions, even more look to be on their way out so even now, I'm not sure how things are going to look when they settle lol!

It has been a unique experience thus far and I have had so much fun it's ridiculous! The fact that earbuds are relatively affordable amongst transducer mediums has made this whole run possible in a way that wouldn't really be feasible with high end headphones or IEMs. And with how much I have taken to listening to earbuds instead of IEMs, this may well end up saving me money in the long run. 😉😎
Mate, you need to get some TGXEAR buds asap!

Sep 24, 2022 at 2:22 AM Post #65,217 of 75,270
To my Blur fans out there, is there a way to get in touch with the guys who makes Blur buds to possibly place an order if I don't have access through Facebook or does he only deal on Facebook and IG?
I'm Pretty sure @WoodyLuvr can help you there. :wink:
He replied with this:
"Thanks Bro
😉

"
A small update:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blur-earbuds-lovers.884062/post-17159997

Sep 24, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #65,219 of 75,270
My man! Thank you so much. I'll have to shoot him an email when I get a chance. I've heard so much in the way of good things about various Blur models that it's gonna be hard to know where to start. I suppose I'll just do what I have done with other DIYers and smaller makers and ask for his recommendation on a pair to begin with. You're the man! 😎
Coo! I just PM'd him in insta!

Sep 24, 2022 at 4:28 AM Post #65,220 of 75,270
Hello Dan….
Its been long time. Hope you are doing well

Hi Herry! I'm fine thanks. And you? The family was able to go to Japan this summer so the kids could see their grandmother for the first time since 2019. During the pandemic I didn't buy any earbuds, but this summer I went to e-earphone in Akihabara and bought second hand pairs of Moondrop Chaconne and Liebesleid and now I feel like trying out new earbuds for the first time since 2019.
Japan is opening up to tourists so I hope you can go soon and stock up on gear for your audio projects. Are you working on new earbuds? By the way, e-earphone has moved again. Now they are in the front of the chuo dori/big street, on the opposite side of the building they used to be. You enter from the street and there are 4-5 levels with different stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back