Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 12, 2022 at 2:46 PM Post #60,557 of 75,235
They were £275 from VS on Ali on 11th December, which works out at approximately $365, if that helps.
I guess the "US $570" for 3.5SE version might be typical AE marked up overpricing to make you feel like you're getting a bargain even if you bought at MSRP. So it pays to at least wait for a somewhat decent sale price combined with store coupons and discount codes if possible on "God-tier" earbuds.

Mar 12, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #60,558 of 75,235
Hi everyone been a lurker in Head-Fi for years but haven't registered until recently, I've almost read all the 4000+ pages in this thread throught the years I've been browsing Head-Fi. I've always liked the comfort / fit and form factor of old school style earbuds compared to IEMs and full size headphones, but haven't really listened to high quality earbuds until couple years ago, before that I've only listened to buds which were sadly lacking in sound quality but due to the comfort I kept them anyways. Thanks to all your contributions and great recommendations I've found out many new and good sounding earbuds, especially WoodyLuvr for his guides and huge archive of earbud information and also RikudouGoku for all the nice earbud reviews!

My favourite earbuds now are QianYun Qian39 and original Vido white colour earbuds and KLBBS which is the most expensive bud I got for 55€. I bought the Yincrow X6 before to not piss off the X6 Chuck Norris and his X6 gang LOL, but I must say I'm bit surprised since the X6 sound almost exactly the same as the white Vido though they have a bit more bass and slightly better build quality plus accesories which the Vidos don't have at all since it's just the buds with 1-pair of foam covers and nothing else, but the sound quality is the same you can just apply couple of DB of bass boost EQ to the white Vido and it sounds just like the Yincrow X6. The original Vido costs around 0.50-3€ (best value of any audio equipment I know of) while X6 is 15€ the price of the X6 is exactly 6 times of the original Vido if you buy the Vidos at 2.50€ so I quess thats why it's called X6 cos it's 6 times the price!

Mar 12, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #60,559 of 75,235
Hi everyone been a lurker in Head-Fi for years but haven't registered until recently, I've almost read all the 4000+ pages in this thread throught the years I've been browsing Head-Fi. I've always liked the comfort / fit and form factor of old school style earbuds compared to IEMs and full size headphones, but haven't really listened to high quality earbuds until couple years ago, before that I've only listened to buds which were sadly lacking in sound quality but due to the comfort I kept them anyways. Thanks to all your contributions and great recommendations I've found out many new and good sounding earbuds, especially WoodyLuvr for his guides and huge archive of earbud information and also RikudouGoku for all the nice earbud reviews!

My favourite earbuds now are QianYun Qian39 and original Vido white colour earbuds and KLBBS which is the most expensive bud I got for 55€. I bought the Yincrow X6 before to not piss off the X6 Chuck Norris and his X6 gang LOL, but I must say I'm bit surprised since the X6 sound almost exactly the same as the white Vido though they have a bit more bass and slightly better build quality plus accesories which the Vidos don't have at all since it's just the buds with 1-pair of foam covers and nothing else, but the sound quality is the same you can just apply couple of DB of bass boost EQ to the white Vido and it sounds just like the Yincrow X6. The original Vido costs around 0.50-3€ (best value of any audio equipment I know of) while X6 is 15€ the price of the X6 is exactly 6 times of the original Vido if you buy the Vidos at 2.50€ so I quess thats why it's called X6 cos it's 6 times the price!
So, welcome!!!!! they gave you the t-shirt with the X6????

Mar 12, 2022 at 4:00 PM Post #60,560 of 75,235
Hey everyone I've taken a break with buds but I wanted to pick up another, are there any buds under $100 that have a lot of details on AliExpress?

I have the X6 already.
Thanks!
Hey I would recommend the Ksearphones KLBBS (not KLBB version but K's Little Black Bells) and Toneking MrZ Tomahawks for around 50€ or NiceHCK DIY MX500 black silver for 15€ also Toneking Dendroaspis Viridis around 100€ (which means the green mamba LOL look at the colour of the earbuds and the name makes sense) and NiceHCK EBX21 which is on sale for 100€ (the "normal price" is 200€ but at that cost it's not good value) currently at NiceHCK Audio Store on AliExpress you can find all these earbuds for sale on that store and I've bought earbuds from there in the past it's a good store, but as always the shipping in AliExpress is not quick.

KLBBS is my favourite ones and all of them have pretty good detail retrieval for their price! Surely there's better earbuds out there but for the price of 50€ or 100€ or even 15€ (NiceHCK DIY MX500) the detail retrieval of these buds are great for the money, though all of these earbuds have less bass than the Yincrow X6 especially the Tomahawks are not for bassheads so don't expect the same amount of bass as the X6 give out.

Mar 12, 2022 at 4:58 PM Post #60,561 of 75,235
So, welcome!!!!! they gave you the t-shirt with the X6????
Hi there! No sadly I didn't receive mine yet maybe I've angered the X6 Chuck Norris by liking and buying the cheaper Vidos instead of his Ferrari red coloured X6 buds, but at that price if they would include a X6 branded T-shirt in the package then I would gladly buy the 15€ X6 again! =)

Mar 12, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #60,562 of 75,235
it's quite a long time since I last wrote here... and i'm reading very quickly... in fact I am enjoying my gear!
so I would like to give a quick update. In the last three or so weeks many important thinks happened.
I received a Burson opamp to review on my xd-05 bal, and I finished the burn-in;
I almost had 60-70 hours of burn-in for my used-bought Maria II.
I got back my repaired ebx 21 and bought a pure silver cable for Maria II.

now I am enjoying some paradise corners... what a gorgeous eexperience!
I will review Bursons apart, but I must say they are very musical. True amps – compared to others I have tried – they magnify the character of the earbud /headphone/iem you use with them.
So now both Maria II with silver cable and ebx21 deserve time to spend with them: Maria II is now playing the stage it is praised for. High notes are clear, it catches them and work them out in total control. (The only problem that still remains is piano: it is painful to listen to it, and only to it! harmonics of mids are completely ruined. ANd eeverything else is only enjoyable! what a strange thing.) Rather than too bright I would say it is extremely transparent. No veil covers the music. You listen to notes only. Guitar is magical... symphonies are wonderful...
On the ebx21, that I use with the original cable, music is detailed and a bit veiled, just slightly smooth.
Well. I like my gear. and I like music.
I know this is a deeeeeep rabbit-hole, and of course I have other earbuds to use, even more that I want to try. Still I felt it necessary to share my happiness in lilstening music in now, because most of my joy is indebted to this forum. Thank you all!

Mar 12, 2022 at 10:19 PM Post #60,563 of 75,235

the X6 didn't catch much wave in my country, at least not as much as recabled vidos..might be because they sound typically the same, but the recabled vidos have a bit more of that "DIY pride" vibe. Even most well known builders at least would have their own version of vido mod

Mar 12, 2022 at 11:35 PM Post #60,564 of 75,235
Hey everyone I've taken a break with buds but I wanted to pick up another, are there any buds under $100 that have a lot of details on AliExpress?

I have the X6 already.
Thanks!
If you want a more airy and transparent detailed sound, just purchase the Yincrow RW-9, which is the next step up from the X6. This is a "no brainer". Enjoy!

-Clear

Mar 13, 2022 at 9:42 AM Post #60,565 of 75,235
If you want a more airy and transparent detailed sound, just purchase the Yincrow RW-9, which is the next step up from the X6. This is a "no brainer". Enjoy!

-Clear
RW-9 is more v-shaped and isnt that similar to the X6, IMO the X6 is tuned better, the RW-9 sounds a bit more technical but it is brighter so it has the tonality advantage.

(FYI: I sold my RW-9, still got the X6.)

Mar 13, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #60,566 of 75,235
RW-9 is more v-shaped and isnt that similar to the X6, IMO the X6 is tuned better, the RW-9 sounds a bit more technical but it is brighter so it has the tonality advantage.

(FYI: I sold my RW-9, still got the X6.)
I know that they are not similar, and that's okay. But, like you said, and we both agree with that it is more technical and brighter and has the tonality advantage. So, it's okay to be opinionated, since 'limitlessbritt' is looking for a different bud with more details.
PS. I still have both the X6 and the RW-9, which I will never sell. Cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear

Mar 13, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #60,567 of 75,235
Hello to all.

Here is my humble opinion on the Rose Martini. I would like to tell you that I liked them very much.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/rose-martini.25751/reviews#review-28134

Rose Martini 19_r.jpg

Best regards.

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #60,568 of 75,235
OK folks I figure if I can't find an answer here to my IEM woes it'll never happen. My issue is fit: my ears are rather oddly shaped, aparently, and it's exceptionally tough to find tips that seal well and stay put. Stock eartips have never fit. The only ones that seal are the largest - diameter Comply ones (I researched) and even those fall out or need adjustment after maybe 15-30ish minutes.

Besides custom-molded ones does anyone know of some exceptionally large tips they can recommend? As I recall Etymotic makes some really, really big yellow ones, maybe I should just splurge on some Etys. I'd love to get to experience all of the great IEMs that are out there but of they don't fit right then there's not much point.

Mar 14, 2022 at 3:39 AM Post #60,570 of 75,235
OK folks I figure if I can't find an answer here to my IEM woes it'll never happen. My issue is fit: my ears are rather oddly shaped, aparently, and it's exceptionally tough to find tips that seal well and stay put. Stock eartips have never fit. The only ones that seal are the largest - diameter Comply ones (I researched) and even those fall out or need adjustment after maybe 15-30ish minutes.

Besides custom-molded ones does anyone know of some exceptionally large tips they can recommend? As I recall Etymotic makes some really, really big yellow ones, maybe I should just splurge on some Etys. I'd love to get to experience all of the great IEMs that are out there but of they don't fit right then there's not much point.
I'm sorry, and afraid you won't find much help here. This thread is for classic (flathead) earbuds, not IEMs.

Edit: Maybe consider starting a new thread?!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back