Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 10, 2022 at 9:27 PM Post #60,526 of 75,235
Relieving to hear that there are over-ear hook options and are comfortable! Was your second link suppose to direct to a different webpage for the over-ear hooks? The Bose Stay Here tips are the most comfortable cushion I've tried so far. Excited to find others though! Normally I deliberate on a purchasing decision for far too long. But because I don't currently have a desirable pair of earbuds, I'm asking you Head-Fi pro's to expidite the process! :D

Alright. Re-reading the RW2000's specifications, it's only 16 Ohms, which means they can be driven fully from the 3.5mm motherboard headphone output, correct? For the hell of it, if you were to recommend a bang-for-your-buck amp/dac to accompany the RW2000, what would it be? And would the silicon wing tips in your first link fit the RW-2000s?

Hey RikudouGoku! Glad to also hear from you! Thank you for the electrical education. Why do you strongly recommend using at least the Apple dongle over the motherboard output? Is it that the dongle (or a amp/dac) provides less resistance (or more current) to the transducer?

And by Apple dongle, are you referring to image below of Apple's 3.5mm to USB-C? Beyond that, is there a bang-for-your-buck amp/dac you'd recommend?

iu

I briefly dipped my toes into non-mainstream earbuds options more than a decade ago and I briefly had a pair of Yuin PK3s (?). I assume that's a PK-styled shell and don't remember it sitting snugly in my ear with just the provided foam cushions. New testing is needed it seems!

Forgive my ignorance, are higher Ohm earbuds exclusive with higher pricing due to the increased resolution and composure at higher volume levels? The Yincrow RW-2000s start at $129 but only have 16 Ohms/impedance.

To all: Has anyone tested the Venture Electronics Asura 3.0FE or the Venture Electronics Zen 2.0? Are either of them neutral and balanced without high highs or mids? Capable of playing anything well? The Ohms aren't listed for the Asura 3.0FE's but the Zen 2.0 have a high impedance of 320 Ohms so require a amp. Within both links, Venture Electronics offers a new amp/dac called the Megatron for a pre-order combo price of an additional $50. Any have thoughts on it?

Any insight into how the either of the above VE's compare against the Yincrow RW-2000?

And lastly, much cheaper options with high acclaim I keep running into are the VE Monk Plus, FAAEAL options and a couple others. When comparing these and other commonly mentioned cheaper options to the above more expensive Yincrow RW-2000s, VE Asura 3.0FE and VE Zen 2.0, are the differences in audio quality night and day? If you coupled an appropriate amp/dac with one of the renowned cheaper earbud options, would that additional amplification push the cheaper earbuds to a similar level of quality as one of the above more expensive earbud options?

A friend of mine has the Megatron. He sold it away after a day haha, reporting that it hisses with low impedance/high sensitivity IEMs/buds, and also he needs to use them at volume 1/100 for some IEMs.

I think the Megatron is meant for higher impedance/low sensitivity gear, so kind of a niche source.

Mar 10, 2022 at 10:42 PM Post #60,528 of 75,235
I briefly dipped my toes into non-mainstream earbuds options more than a decade ago and I briefly had a pair of Yuin PK3s (?). I assume that's a PK-styled shell and don't remember it sitting snugly in my ear with just the provided foam cushions. New testing is needed it seems!

Forgive my ignorance, are higher Ohm earbuds exclusive with higher pricing due to the increased resolution and composure at higher volume levels? The Yincrow RW-2000s start at $129 but only have 16 Ohms/impedance.
the PK may just be too small for you which is actually good because the MX shell is where the deals are. It’s bigger, but still not huge. You may be able to fit all sorts if unusual shells and may get along with the last generation SMABAT shells like the M2s pro.

You can find buds of all impedances at about any price points and quality doesn’t necessarily equal price. I wouldn’t be surprised if that Yincrow is one of the drivers that bucks the trend. The Tingo TG38s is at least one of the most detailed drivers I’ve heard and it’s only $14 and low impedance.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #60,530 of 75,235
Hi all! Been out of the earbud game for a long time. Can anyone recommend me a warm relaxed sound sig akin to the Catear Audio Mimi?

Yincrow X6, Faaeal Rosemary.

X6 is kind of the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world, thick warm bassy sound, analoguish, very relaxing but not too technical.

FAAEAL Rosemary is like a Final Audio E5000. Needs amping, laid back and smooth and thick note weight. But also not too technical.

Both are good for chilling and relaxing. Not that great for critical listening.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:50 AM Post #60,531 of 75,235

X6 is kind of the BLON BL-03 of the earbud world, thick warm bassy sound, analoguish, very relaxing but not too technical.

FAAEAL Rosemary is like a Final Audio E5000. Needs amping, laid back and smooth and thick note weight. But also not too technical.

I already have the X6. Despite the fact that it’s a warm and bassy sounding bud. I found it too have a surprising amount of detail for a basshead type of sound. I’m looking for something a little bit warmer than the X6 if that’s possible.

Mar 11, 2022 at 3:51 AM Post #60,532 of 75,235
I already have the X6. Despite the fact that it’s a warm and bassy sounding bud. I found it too have a surprising amount of detail for a basshead type of sound. I’m looking for something a little bit warmer than the X6 if that’s possible.

FAAEAL Rosemary is even darker than the X6 actually. But it needs amping.

Mar 11, 2022 at 11:24 AM Post #60,535 of 75,235
For anyone interested, found Yincrow RW-3000 on sale at AE + $20 store coupon. Coupon just about covers taxes / vat charge (depending on retail tax where you live).
Right now about 15 hours left before end of sale.
VS Audio Store: Yincrow RW 3000 Flagship
$279.30 for 3.5SE version
$284.01 for 2.5Bal. ver.
$288.72 for 4.4Bal. ver.

EDIT: Thanks to @samandhi use coupon code TS10 at checkout to knock off another $10. I wish I knew that before I made my purchase, but all is good anyway.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2022 at 2:49 PM Post #60,536 of 75,235
A friend of mine has the Megatron. He sold it away after a day haha, reporting that it hisses with low impedance/high sensitivity IEMs/buds, and also he needs to use them at volume 1/100 for some IEMs.

I think the Megatron is meant for higher impedance/low sensitivity gear, so kind of a niche source.
The Megatron pairs very well with VE Zen 2.0 or Zen SU earbuds, and of course also with full size headphones.
It's not recommended for sensitive IEMs.

Mar 11, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #60,537 of 75,235

both great choices. I'm not sure there are that many options for a technical earbud under $100, though.

Mar 11, 2022 at 5:52 PM Post #60,538 of 75,235
just got the moondrop nameless in. At $23 on amazon (in the us), another high value earbud -- well tuned, some upper mid roll off (but still carries good energy), no mid bass bloat, good bass (for an earbud), mids are well presented (not too recessed or forward), soundstage is a tad small but imaging is decent. All in all, a good earbud.

Mar 11, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #60,539 of 75,235
just got the moondrop nameless in. At $23 on amazon (in the us), another high value earbud -- well tuned, some upper mid roll off (but still carries good energy), no mid bass bloat, good bass (for an earbud), mids are well presented (not too recessed or forward), soundstage is a tad small but imaging is decent. All in all, a good earbud.
my observation is after 5 mins, subject to change as I listen more.

Mar 11, 2022 at 5:57 PM Post #60,540 of 75,235
both great choices. I'm not sure there are that many options for a technical earbud under $100, though.

Not sure exactly what "technical earbud" means, but if it means "friggin' great", then the Newbsound pro32 fits the bill! :sunglasses:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back