Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 22, 2022 at 8:42 PM Post #59,821 of 75,590
have you heard of faaeal datura pro? If yes how is it compared?

The EB2S I bought has just arrived in my country today, hope to receive it sometime over the next few days. I have the Faaeal Datura Pro somewhere in a drawer, will take it out and do some comparisons and let u know.

Jan 23, 2022 at 4:37 AM Post #59,823 of 75,590
The Chinese sellers are probably on a LONG holiday for chinese new year, sometimes they take weeks off work before and after the actual event (1st Feb 2022). They work very hard throughout the rest of the year, so this period (and the golden week thing) are sacrosanct breaks for them. Probably the worst times to buy stuff or ask for communications as nobody is at work.

Delays will probably be expected around now. But hope you sort out your Chaconne and get some amicable settlement!

Thanks for exposing this fraud! You guys have my deepest respect.

Actually this isn't the first time CHIFI companies pull these kind of stunts.
BGVP did this a few months back, someone opened their DN2, which purportedly had beryllium drivers and hey presto, it wasn't: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgv...d-new-ba-series.894331/page-327#post-15987274

BGVP had to backtrack and recall the product. In fact they stopped selling the DN2 after and supposedly sacked someone in charge.

During that period, every company and their cats and dogs were trying to ride on the beryllium hypetrain and it was sexy to market your IEM/earbud as containing "beryllium drivers". I don't have the skills to open stuff like @rprodrigues and @FranQL do, but surely I have tried some so-called beryllium IEMs that sounded worse than a conventional DD driver. Probably a lot of these CHIFI are using the "beryllium" term as a marketing gimmick to stand-out from the tough competition.
I'm waiting for an answer from you about this scam!
Good job bro !

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2022 at 9:05 AM Post #59,824 of 75,590
The EB2S I bought has just arrived in my country today, hope to receive it sometime over the next few days. I have the Faaeal Datura Pro somewhere in a drawer, will take it out and do some comparisons and let u know.
will be interesting to hear how it stacks up against the HZSound Bell Rhyme too since price seems kinda in the same ball park. Oh, and there is the smabat svara 1 that is around that price too i think. Seems like quite a few new stuff in this price range. :joy:

b16.jpg

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #59,825 of 75,590
After reading the many positive reviews of newbsound 32pro I’ve placed an order with @irv003 and received the earbuds last week. I must say I’m very impressed after listening to them extensively. These are amazing earbuds. They’re full and natural sounding with the best bass I have ever heard in an earbud. Double basses (I mostly listen to classical and jazz) have real heft to them. The greatest compliment I can give, is that these pull me into the music and let me forget to listen critically. I hope this honeymoon lasts forever!

Jan 23, 2022 at 9:54 AM Post #59,826 of 75,590
will be interesting to hear how it stacks up against the HZSound Bell Rhyme too since price seems kinda in the same ball park. Oh, and there is the smabat svara 1 that is around that price too i think. Seems like quite a few new stuff in this price range. :joy:

b16.jpg
I got the Svara coming with the EB2S. :thumbsup:

Too bad shipping will probably be delayed due to CNY....

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #59,828 of 75,590
After reading the many positive reviews of newbsound 32pro I’ve placed an order with @irv003 and received the earbuds last week. I must say I’m very impressed after listening to them extensively. These are amazing earbuds. They’re full and natural sounding with the best bass I have ever heard in an earbud. Double basses (I mostly listen to classical and jazz) have real heft to them. The greatest compliment I can give, is that these pull me into the music and let me forget to listen critically. I hope this honeymoon lasts forever!
very interesting, thank you...
I listen to classical and jazz too, may I ask you what is your gear, what are you used to? I think I am close to my musical happyness with xd-05 bal (being rolling the opamps, though), niceHCK ebx21, Rose Maria II (and monk lite, together with akg k309 for non critical listening). Still I am always curious to try something new... this rabbit hoole is soooooooo deeeeeeeeeeep. The sound of my Blur is too forward, no deepness at all, although very precise in rendering sound, especially voices. (Probably with lack of separation.) Can you tell us more about your feelings with the newbsound? thank you

Jan 23, 2022 at 1:42 PM Post #59,829 of 75,590
Are amazing, for sure, but if you like vocal jazz, specially female voices, like me, Heaven is on Blur´s side.

Jan 23, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #59,830 of 75,590
very interesting, thank you...
I listen to classical and jazz too, may I ask you what is your gear, what are you used to? I think I am close to my musical happyness with xd-05 bal (being rolling the opamps, though), niceHCK ebx21, Rose Maria II (and monk lite, together with akg k309 for non critical listening). Still I am always curious to try something new... this rabbit hoole is soooooooo deeeeeeeeeeep. The sound of my Blur is too forward, no deepness at all, although very precise in rendering sound, especially voices. (Probably with lack of separation.) Can you tell us more about your feelings with the newbsound? thank you
Newb 32pro and 189, 266R Blur models are complementary.
I could say newb is on the safe side, but 266R mx150, now with new tunning, are outstanding for jazz.

Last edited:
Jan 24, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #59,832 of 75,590
Ah, I know there's been a lot of "blur, blur":stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: in this thread recently, but I'd like to see one of those typical model frequency response graphs posted for reference (preferably with LBSS or Newbsound 32pro or RW-2000) to show its goodness.

I have a IEC711 Coupler with a earbud adapter, but I realize that the graphs are only useful for the same setup.

They vary a lot across different rigs and may not be comparable across different users as such. Little changes like insertion depth, using different foams etc all can change the graphs tremendously.

Maybe some other Measurebators have some advise on how to fix this haha.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:12 AM Post #59,834 of 75,590
I searched and found a single FR graph of blur MX64, but it's good that it's close to the Harman curve...

blur MX64.jpg
That's an OFC model that is discontinued, a bit dark for my tastes, the new line 189 and 266r are far better for my tastes.

Jan 24, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #59,835 of 75,590
1643006011336.png

That link had all 3 models

Users who are viewing this thread

Back