Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 22, 2022 at 12:54 PM Post #59,806 of 75,581
That is a problem, you might want to talk with @MOONDROP about it.
I imagined as much-thank you. I recently sent them a support request.

Very sorry they are behaving this way. Hope the process doesn't take as long as I think it will, as I love the pair and will miss them despite having many other options.

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:06 PM Post #59,807 of 75,581
Those look really nice. Any first impressions of sound?

Pizen 150 Ohm "Berylium"
After a few days with these the sound is not what is expected from a berylium driver, so I decided to open them to find a better fit and see what could be wrong....

First of all, this is ad:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mKyMKUy

But I found this surprise (where is the beryllium diaphragm?):

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

After opening dispute the seller has answered me this

"I think the two of you are a gang committing crimes and malicious disputes. our item is standard condition as description, 150 ohm Beryllium Dynamic Driver,If you don't like it, you should return it for a refund, instead of taking apart the headset and destroying it without our consent, we are not at fault and cannot agree to your malicious request."

say two, so I alerted another user that I know bought them, and also opened a dispute....

Simply so that you have knowledge, and although it seems incredible, these things continue to happen... cat for a hare....

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #59,808 of 75,581
After a few days with these the sound is not what is expected from a berylium driver, so I decided to open them to find a better fit and see what could be wrong....

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

"I think the two of you are a gang committing crimes and malicious disputes. our item is standard condition as description, 150 ohm Beryllium Dynamic Driver,If you don't like it, you should return it for a refund, instead of taking apart the headset and destroying it without our consent, we are not at fault and cannot agree to your malicious request."

say two, so I alerted another user that I know bought them, and also opened a dispute....

Simply so that you have knowledge, and although it seems incredible, these things continue to happen... cat for a hare....
Since when did you need permission to open/destroy something you paid for? 🤣

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:36 PM Post #59,810 of 75,581
I haven't bought the NiceHCK EB2S yet, but I'm sure there are others besides @axhng who have bought it and have already done the burn-in.
How does it fit and what does it sound like compared to the ME80, the old EB2 or the LBBS?

Please let me know for reference.
After about 30 minutes of listening to EB2S, not bad for the price, but I found has too forwarded mids for my liking.
Will compare with LBBS and tell my impresions.
IMG_20220122_193621.jpg

Jan 22, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #59,811 of 75,581
FWIW, I had owned the original TC200, personally didn't like it, I thought it had good soundstage but the tonality and timbre was a bit off, sold it away. Sounded a bit weird for acoustic instruments. Haven't tried the new shelled version though.

For the record, I was one of those weirdos that really loved the original TC200's. Wish I could get a replacement. Oh well!

Jan 22, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #59,812 of 75,581
Pizen 150 Ohm "Berylium"

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

Well, I'm the second member of the gang, unfortunately.

Here is the listing from the genuine supplier https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=654094164743. As it may be seen, the drivers are not advertised as berry ones, as claimed by the seller on Aliexpress (Pizen).

Jan 22, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #59,814 of 75,581
Complementary signatures but Nicehick EB2S is better for my tastes than LBBS, any way, Newb 32pro and 266R, 189 Blur earbuds are at least 1 or 2 steps ahead from theese.

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:17 PM Post #59,815 of 75,581
Pizen 150 Ohm "Berylium"

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

What a shame ! I wanted a pair too

Jan 22, 2022 at 4:28 PM Post #59,817 of 75,581
To Chaconne owners-it seems my pair has imbalance issues, whereas the right channel is both louder and more consistent. At first I thought it is maybe the nature of earbuds, but I placed this right earphone on my left ear, and the difference was even more stark (despite being a violinist, I listen better and louder through my left ear.) I dread the warranty process, since Moondrop is located in China and myself in the US. I didn't "break" it and it still sounds "good" but not balanced from ear to ear. Also the problem may be recent but has been ongoing for a while. Not sure if it was this way from factory, since at first I had fit issues.

It's almost as if the left driver was faulty in some way. As the sine wave test go up, there is a lot of unevenness, and the bass in particular is much richer on the right piece.

If your Chaconnes do not have this sort of problem, I may have an issue, which is a bummer.

Note that the imbalance is not minor, and I can alleviate it only by fitting the left piece differently to the right, a bit closer to the ear. But remember that when I swapped the earpieces, the right earpiece sounded even louder, as my left ear hears better.

Have a lovely day, and enjoy your music. :)
That IS a bummer! I have no issues of this nature with my Chaconne at all. I would definitely contact @ MOONDROP as suggested. Hopefully they will just get you a new pair and be done with it. :)
Pizen 150 Ohm "Berylium"

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg

First of all, great ear! I can't abide dishonesty of this sort. I would be so angry at that point. Plus the response from the seller is absolutely ridiculous and gives other third-party sellers a bad name. You shouldn't have to take something apart just to prove what your ears are hearing.
Since when did you need permission to open/destroy something you paid for? 🤣
Totally agree. Sounds like they were mad you took it apart, because you caught them in their lie. I will stay away from that seller with a ten-foot pole. :scream:

Jan 22, 2022 at 6:31 PM Post #59,818 of 75,581
I imagined as much-thank you. I recently sent them a support request.

Very sorry they are behaving this way. Hope the process doesn't take as long as I think it will, as I love the pair and will miss them despite having many other options.

The Chinese sellers are probably on a LONG holiday for chinese new year, sometimes they take weeks off work before and after the actual event (1st Feb 2022). They work very hard throughout the rest of the year, so this period (and the golden week thing) are sacrosanct breaks for them. Probably the worst times to buy stuff or ask for communications as nobody is at work.

Delays will probably be expected around now. But hope you sort out your Chaconne and get some amicable settlement!

Pizen 150 Ohm "Berylium"

Well, I'm the second member of the gang, unfortunately.

Here is the listing from the genuine supplier https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=654094164743. As it may be seen, the drivers are not advertised as berry ones, as claimed by the seller on Aliexpress (Pizen).

Thanks for exposing this fraud! You guys have my deepest respect.

Actually this isn't the first time CHIFI companies pull these kind of stunts.
BGVP did this a few months back, someone opened their DN2, which purportedly had beryllium drivers and hey presto, it wasn't: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bgv...d-new-ba-series.894331/page-327#post-15987274

BGVP had to backtrack and recall the product. In fact they stopped selling the DN2 after and supposedly sacked someone in charge.

During that period, every company and their cats and dogs were trying to ride on the beryllium hypetrain and it was sexy to market your IEM/earbud as containing "beryllium drivers". I don't have the skills to open stuff like @rprodrigues and @FranQL do, but surely I have tried some so-called beryllium IEMs that sounded worse than a conventional DD driver. Probably a lot of these CHIFI are using the "beryllium" term as a marketing gimmick to stand-out from the tough competition.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2022 at 7:58 PM Post #59,819 of 75,581
Where are you guys getting the eb2s from? I can't find it on aliexpress

Users who are viewing this thread

Back