Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 20, 2021 at 6:30 PM Post #58,981 of 75,258
Nov 20, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #58,982 of 75,258
Damn, thats almost double the buds I have. (34 + 4 OTW)

Mostly budget ones (less than $10) and a few DIY sets, so the total number doesn't matter that much.
Nothing above the $100 mark.

I get the best SQ exactly from the most expensive ones (rw2000, pt2021) whilst the best SQ/price ratios come from some DIY sets and from k's LBBS.

What is weird about them is that I've been using some of the $10 sets while my $400 iem has been laying around for a long time.

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2021 at 10:06 PM Post #58,984 of 75,258
I've been out of the earbud game for a year or so. I have these:

VE Monk+, RY4S UE, Fengru Silver, Vido, Yincrow X6, Philips SHE3800.

Any new sub $20 MX500 style come on the scene that I should check out?

Nov 21, 2021 at 10:16 AM Post #58,985 of 75,258
20190915_120337.jpg
20190913_175907.jpg

i got this old tune blur pk32 brandnew custom made for 95 canadian dollar at 2019. i have revisited my buds collection and played around and came to the conclusion. this one tops everything that i have. the fit, the sound and the price to ratio performance.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #58,986 of 75,258
A great surprise listening again today Newb 32pro after some hours of burnin.
Less boomy and more detailed mids.
Sweet signature getting better.

1637516553654.png

Nov 21, 2021 at 8:27 PM Post #58,987 of 75,258
I really hope smabat releasing a dual driver earbud pushes more brands to experiment, after being used to the rose masya, nothing quite compares and excites me beyond maybe the 1more e1008's unique sound anymore, my old he150 pro is still well loved as an EDC, though I did quite enjoy the jcally ep05 recently, it's rather nice.

I do want to try the toneking ty2 at some point but I keep being offput by it apparently being brighter than the masya.

Nov 21, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #58,988 of 75,258
Hey, new to this thread but happy I found it. Due to health and neck problems and have been forced to give up on regular cans. Unfortunately, I have small ears that seem to resist IEMs and I'm not a fan of etymotic's fit. All that's fine by me because I've always loved earbuds. I'm on the hunt, now, and hopefully you guys can answer some questions as this is quite a long thread.

I'm looking for TOTL buds with a neutral warmish signature. I listen to classical but I don't want treble emphasized (although it needs to be present ofc) because I find that fatiguing and I listen to a lot of pop/rock as well. Looking for a sweet euphonic signature. Some more specific questions/thoughts....

EM5 - a ton of positive reviews, but is the treble overemphasized?

Yincraw rw 2000 - I'm a bit hesitant of metal earbuds as they seem less comfortable and heavy?

Turandot dqsm - Any more thoughts on this guy?

7hz Beatles - Couldn't find much on this so, again, any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Blurs - You guys have mentioned these quite a bit but I can't find them online anywhere else?

Also open to suggestions as I basically don't know too much about the different kind of earbuds as they aren't as often reviewed.

Nov 21, 2021 at 8:51 PM Post #58,989 of 75,258
Hey, new to this thread but happy I found it. Due to health and neck problems and have been forced to give up on regular cans. Unfortunately, I have small ears that seem to resist IEMs and I'm not a fan of etymotic's fit. All that's fine by me because I've always loved earbuds. I'm on the hunt, now, and hopefully you guys can answer some questions as this is quite a long thread.

I'm looking for TOTL buds with a neutral warmish signature. I listen to classical but I don't want treble emphasized (although it needs to be present ofc) because I find that fatiguing and I listen to a lot of pop/rock as well. Looking for a sweet euphonic signature. Some more specific questions/thoughts....

Yincraw rw 2000 - I'm a bit hesitant of metal earbuds as they seem less comfortable and heavy?

7hz Beatles - Couldn't find much on this so, again, any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Blurs - You guys have mentioned these quite a bit but I can't find them online anywhere else?

Also open to suggestions as I basically don't know too much about the different kind of earbuds as they aren't as often reviewed.
Shozy BK could be an option

Nov 21, 2021 at 11:53 PM Post #58,991 of 75,258
Turandot and RW-2000 are both great choices.

Turandot has outstanding mids, and a very non-fatiguing sound, while still providing a good detailed listen.
(ClieOS has also described Turandot's mid-range as 'euphonic' in his review of DQSM PD21)

RW-2000 can be worn cable down or over the ear, and it has a bit more sparkle in the treble than Turandot, so those more sensitive to sibilance might find it a bit 'peaky' at first (can be solved using thicker or double foams). The latest RW-3000 solves that issue, while still improving on the treble extension - a more detailed, but yet smoother treble with no zero sibilance. Technicalities are also up a notch on the RW-3000, but it's double the price of RW-2000, so not the best value for money though.
The RW-3000 is like a better Turandot?

Nov 22, 2021 at 12:28 AM Post #58,993 of 75,258

The Blur PK32 are pretty hard beat given what you are looking for. I haven’t tried the others on your list however. You’d have to contact Wong through Twitter or Facebook. They can actually do any genre justice. The driver is fast and the tuning promotes deep bass for an earbud. Timbre is excellent on acoustic instruments though headstage is only above earbud average. Still, they do natural instruments justice (certainly among the best in this regard) and have an agreeable fit and can be easily driven from a 1v output like a phone. It’s an attractive set of features and the customer services is topnotch. I’m not sure I’d call the euphonic however— but I tend to think of “euphonic“ as a polite way of saying muddy. The Blur are the opposite of that. They are clear and every instrument is exposed and delineated and occupies its space. That to me is Euphonic, but may not be what you think of as euphonic. They are not bright either, but the treble is distinct and extended.

Nov 22, 2021 at 1:17 AM Post #58,994 of 75,258
Turandot and RW-2000 are both great choices.

Turandot has outstanding mids, and a very non-fatiguing sound, while still providing a good detailed listen.
(ClieOS has also described Turandot's mid-range as 'euphonic' in his review of DQSM PD21)

RW-2000 can be worn cable down or over the ear, and it has a bit more sparkle in the treble than Turandot, so those more sensitive to sibilance might find it a bit 'peaky' at first (can be solved using thicker or double foams). The latest RW-3000 solves that issue, while still improving on the treble extension - a more detailed, but yet smoother treble with no zero sibilance. Technicalities are also up a notch on the RW-3000, but it's double the price of RW-2000, so not the best value for money though.
RW-3000 shares the same balanced sound signature as RW-2000, and is technically superior than Turandot with better extension on both ends, but the mids on Turandot are still 'sweeter' sounding to me.
So glad you posted this comparison (a huge thank you) as I have been very interested in the Yincrow RW-3000 since you alerted us to it's arrival earlier in the month here. I most definitely was impressed with the RW-2000 but it unfortunately was very fatiguing for me to use for more than just a few tracks at a time and was sometimes naughty in a sibilant way as you stated... so the fact that you are saying Yincrow has corrected this gives me great hope!!!

Yes, the Turandot's mid-range is indeed very hard to beat and they are surprisingly ear friendly earbuds in spite of being so detailed. They perform well for long listening sessions. I am staring at a pair (my pair) in my lil' Siamese wife's ears as I type this... I'll never get them back :weary:

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2021 at 2:19 AM Post #58,995 of 75,258
Welcome to the rabbit hole! Be careful a number of the earbuds you listed are not warm.

FiiO EM5 is a nicely performing and great sounding earbud but they have had some concerning QC issues... I am considering removing them from my God-Tier Earbuds list along with Ks Bell-Ti :cry:

Another excellent performing earbud but these are not warm sounding; the Yincrow RW-2000 along with it's older sibling the RW-1000 (Original and Bass Versions) these are very detailed earbuds though they can be quite fatiguing from some people and sibilant with certain music genres.
Really sounding like the new and latest RW-3000 may have solved these issues:fingers_crossed:

Very detailed; mid-centric; nearly fatigue-free earbud. Can be a tad forward (shouty) and even aggressive with certain music genres. Again, not a warm earbud but overall an excellent earbud and quite respected. @ClieOS also thinks highly of the newer PD21 which I hope to listen to in the next day or two along with Ks 2021 version of the Bell-Ti Onmyoji.

Pass; a really disappointing BRIGHT earbud.

Check out the Blur Earbuds Lovers thread and this post here. There is a ton info here (including how to contact Blur) and there are many Head-Fiers on this particular thread that will be more than happy to assist you in selecting a model. The warmest models currently available in ascending order are:
  • Blur (266R) MX400 Reference
  • Blur 189 Hybrid PK150
  • Blur (266R) PK32 Reference

Some other warm (warm-like) earbuds to consider are as follows:
  • Ksearphone 蓝精铃 Bell-Blue (32/33Ω; aka "The Smurfs" / "Blue Bell" / "Bell Smurf")
  • Ksearphone 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs (30Ω)
  • Ksearphone 钛铃阴阳师2021版 Bell-Ti Onmyoji v2021 (30Ω)
  • Moondrop Chaconne (24Ω)
  • Shozy 大黑 Big Black (BK) Stardust (16Ω Original c2016 w/ Brown Cable; added back to the list as the 2021 Reissue * is reported to be true to the original)
  • Simphonio SW-Dragon 3 Plus (120Ω; aka "SWD3+")

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back