Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 20, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #58,201 of 75,149
Thanks for trying to save me from too many losses. I'm not going to order the LBBS since I can't bother with eq at this time. Maybe when I receive my Nicehck order I'll have renewed vigor.

Added a couple Vido buds to my order. This person believes they compare favorably. So cheap, worth trying.
That LBBs sounds great without EQ. I’ve really never felt the need to EQ it.

Oct 20, 2021 at 5:50 AM Post #58,202 of 75,149
PEQ means parametric equalizer or is PEQ the name of an earbud? Can't I PEQ many different earbuds to sound similar? Are the K's LBBS that much more resolving? ... details, transients, impact, lacking offensive ringing, etc etc
Yes, parametric eq.

You can't just eq anything into the x6...

The LBBS is possible because of how good It already is and how well it responds to eq.
No. Unfortunately, most earbuds do not respond very well to EQ unless very minor adjustments. Sometimes it is due to an inherently strong house tuning and other times due to restrictive limitations of the particular driver and the dampening being used. Instead of using EQ heavily, to change the overall character signature of an earbud, you should EQ lightly to ever so slightly tame and/or emphasize certain aspects of an earbud's signature. Plus, it must be heavily stressed, @RikudouGoku really, really knows what he is doing and as he has clearly stated on many posts in this here thread he has only been successful in EQ'ing the Ks LBBs to sound like a god-tier level X6... deserving a huge bravo for the accomplishment!

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 6:42 AM Post #58,204 of 75,149
Has anyone tried the Cayin N6ii with R01 board with buds? I'm buying one and from impressions I've read, I think it will drive them well. The n3pro with the tube amp sounds very interesting too...

IIRC, @Charlyro222 has the N3Pro, maybe he can comment on that one?

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:14 AM Post #58,205 of 75,149
That LBBs sounds great without EQ. I’ve really never felt the need to EQ it.
Definitely. EQ is only needed if you want the X6 sound.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #58,206 of 75,149
Yes, definetly N3Pro is an affordable Tube Dap that can "sweet" everything you put it on.
It depends more on the kind of music you listen to.
I like smooth jazz with male and female vocals and Blur earbuds are great on that, but at the cost of some resolution.
The way to go for me are R2R Dacs/Amps.

Oct 20, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #58,207 of 75,149
Has anyone tried the Cayin N6ii with R01 board with buds? I'm buying one and from impressions I've read, I think it will drive them well. The n3pro with the tube amp sounds very interesting too...
n6ii r01 sounds good with dynamic drivers. you will like it.

w/ shozy BK
DECD6E08-EFB9-478F-8926-E31F1A3D67C3.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #58,208 of 75,149
That and sound signature. The older LB/LBB is a warm, smooth but still detailed sound signature.

The LBBs is a more V-shaped signature that doesn't go too far in its upper mid/lower treble boost.

The LBBs is also available as 'white' with a plated cable or with mic which has a black cable sans the braiding. I bought the mic version last sale for about $25 iirc.

No audible or measurable difference in sound w/mic, when I checked it.

Can the current issue of LBBs be modded to sound like old "warm" LB/LBB? Is the old LB/LBB still available for order?

Oct 20, 2021 at 1:36 PM Post #58,209 of 75,149
Can the current issue of LBBs be modded to sound like old "warm" LB/LBB? Is the old LB/LBB still available for order?
I'm doubtful that is possible, given the different drivers. But maybe.

You'd have to ask sellers if they have old stock and verify the serial number (1st 2 numbers are the build year iirc).

Oct 20, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #58,210 of 75,149
n6ii r01 sounds good with dynamic drivers. you will like it.

w/ shozy BK
How do they compare to Yuin PK3 or EB2? looks like what I want, nice old school design earbud that sounds great like PK3 and EB2 sounded, but they are too expensive, not sure if justified, considering how cheap and good PK3 and EB2 sounded, unfortunately both stopped working in one side. Im looking for an alternative.

Oct 20, 2021 at 2:28 PM Post #58,211 of 75,149
How do they compare to Yuin PK3 or EB2? looks like what I want, nice old school design earbud that sounds great like PK3 and EB2 sounded, but they are too expensive, not sure if justified, considering how cheap and good PK3 and EB2 sounded, unfortunately both stopped working in one side. Im looking for an alternative.
i never tried those but these shozy BKs are balance/neutral sounding which leans on the warm side. i think its one of the best PK shell buds out there or i have tried. I got this unit last 2017 and still keeping it. it has good bass for a PK shell buds.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:47 PM Post #58,212 of 75,149
Thanks. I was able to figure out how to change the website to english. But checking out wouldnt complete using my iPhone. Website kept getting stuck loading… Im going to try ordering using my macbook. But before I do is there any differences between Yincrow X6 versions? If I recall correctly some sellers note “latest version” or “2018 version”. Nevermind, Ill just order the one you directly linked for me. Thanks again!
Sorry I couldn't help you earlier. Since I work and live in China, chances are I was sleeping in this side of the world. But, I can say that all the suggestions given to you by fellow head-fiers should work fine for you. Though, according to what you were looking for in your taste of sound signature, either the Yincrow X6 or Yincrow RW-9 should do just fine.
Have fun listening, cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear

Oct 21, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #58,214 of 75,149
No. Unfortunately, most earbuds do not respond very well to EQ unless very minor adjustments. Sometimes it is due to an inherently strong house tuning and other times due to restrictive limitations of the particular driver and the dampening being used. Instead of using EQ heavily, to change the overall character signature of an earbud, you should EQ lightly to ever so slightly tame and/or emphasize certain aspects of an earbud's signature. Plus, it must be heavily stressed, @RikudouGoku really, really knows what he is doing and as he has clearly stated on many posts in this here thread he has only been successful in EQ'ing the Ks LBBs to sound like a god-tier level X6... deserving a huge bravo for the accomplishment!
hearing great things about the lbb. I need to get a pair and see how they measure and respond to autoeq/wavelet analysis.

**edit** lol... reading my own signature, I realize I have a pair somewhere. hmmm I just need to find them....

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2021 at 8:30 PM Post #58,215 of 75,149
Ah, got you now... sorry the ole gray matter was failing me there. I haven't heard the 2021 - VE Monk Slim Metal PK Standard Edition (32Ω; aka "Monk SM") yet as I am holding out for the 150Ω upgrade version soon-to-be-released. Trying to think of a brighter and/or more aggressive small shelled earbud and the Turandot (16Ω) is the only one that comes to mind at the moment. The Turandot is more forward and aggressive than it is bright but most definitely further over to the right leaning towards bright more than the 2020 - K's Temperament 小黑铃 Bell-LBBs (30Ω).

Another possible option would be the 2020 - Rose Technics Maria II (14Ω) in the smaller 14.8mm size. This is a bright signature earbud in comparison to all. Has a nice sparkle to it but unfortunately it is very fatiguing for me to use for nay length of time (I am hyper sensitive to sibilant and bright signature). The Maria II is well regarded... so much so, that I had to put it on my god-tier list.
totally agree on the maria II. I didn't think earbuds could be fatiguing until I got the maria II's. all that upper energy doesn't bother me too much though, sadly I've not listened to my earbuds for months. :frowning2: after finally recovering from ear infections, I'm left with ongoing eczema issues. gross, I know. Headphones have been my only recourse over these past months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back