Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 6, 2021 at 3:00 PM Post #58,007 of 75,431
Hi

I've bought a pair of FiiO UTWS3 MMCX and I'm looking for recommendations for buds to use with them to listen to Audible and YouTube. They'll be used at home, and the source will be an android phone (I currently have a Note 8 but may change). Budget $200 but I'm happy to spend much less. I'm in the UK but fine with ordering from anywhere. (Want buds rather than iems as I don't want isolation.)

All thoughts welcome. Thanks in advance.

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #58,008 of 75,431
BB3054D7-DA31-477E-B9C8-7E0A6FC2B1A4.jpeg

so happy this worked out for me! At first it wasn’t a fit but I realized I could really manipulate the hooks!

m2s pro came with an extra driver, this was such a bizarre thing for me as this is my 2nd bud. Modular system seems legit but I’m afraid to get anything higher impedance with this setup. Wish there was a setting for using the buds like this. Sound is decent enough for me though.

lbbs otw which I know I can’t wear like this

Oct 6, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #58,012 of 75,431
Yesterday I got the Dongle DAC I bought from VE Site (Avani), and now I can safely say that it is purely Scam. There is not even iota of change in the sound quality and in fact it was very loud all of a sudden but then I did something.

There is no change in Sample rate or bit rate or anything else. This proves that these Dongles and Connectors are scam from these Phone companies so people will spend money in buying them as 3.5mm Jack will not be there.

I knew that it is just marketing gimmick and just to increase sales by phone companies but as many guys here were saying that as I did not use it, I cannot say if that is good or not. But now I have used it and it just connect the phone without 3.5mm Jack to your earbuds. Your DAC receives Analog signal and passes to the earphones.

Oct 6, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #58,014 of 75,431
Onmyoji 2021 is a direct upgrade to the LBBs.
It has the same shell size with a longer stem, and builds on the same neutral-bright tuning with better extension on both ends, as well as boosting increased technicalities.

Chaconne is an upper-mids and treble monster with a wonderful sense of airiness, but the Onmyoji is definitely no slouch in that regard as well, and can easily match Chaconne's performance IMO.
The main differences I would say, is that the Onmyoji has a bit more bass quantity and presence than Chaconne, but the latter is actually a little warmer sounding with fuller and 'sweeter' sounding mids, so the Onmyoji might actually come off as a bit more colder, leaner and analytical sounding.

Another important thing to consider, is of course, the fit and wearability of the shells.
While I personally did not have a problem with the fit of the Chaconne (the long stems actually aided the fit for me), the weight of the shells does become noticeable over time, so if the LBBs is a perfect fit for you, then the Onmyoji would no doubt be the safer bet, fit-wise.

Adding on, if you're already willing to spend this much to upgrade, then I would advise going a bit further, and strongly consider the Bell-Ti Plus too.
It's one of the few rare TOTL earbuds that is truly balanced sounding (but not bland or boring), so you might actually save money in the long run, without having to resort to purchase multiple earbuds for specific sound signatures to match your favorite music genres.
Technically, it's also just in a league of its own, with an incredible soundstage, imaging and detail retrieval that's easily the best I've heard in an earbud.

Hope this helps, and I would strongly suggest holding off any huge purchase for now, as there's going to be the biggest sale on AE next month 11.11.
Thank you. Bell Ti plus is basically double the price of Chaccone and Onmyoji. might have to sell some gear first LOL.

Oct 6, 2021 at 9:30 PM Post #58,016 of 75,431
Oct 6, 2021 at 10:28 PM Post #58,019 of 75,431
Never thought I'd buy the Plus myself, but the discounts & savings were too good on the previous sales, I ended up getting one for just under $500. That's why I suggested waiting till the next sale on 11.11 for any potential good deals.
Through Aliexpress I assume. Can you link a legit seller please? It is always hard to figure out. I will probably wait till then

Users who are viewing this thread

Back