Earbuds Round-Up
Oct 5, 2021 at 9:20 AM Post #57,992 of 75,279
Ah, didn't even consider it could be partially the Q5k's fault too. I'll have to compare against my desktop setup later today.
Q5K 'sound' is not totally neutral... I think it is a bit bumped up on the lower mid and bit of rolled of high. They market it as Reference DAC/Amp, but never mentioned that it would be neutral nor that they target it to audiophiles looking for true to the source sound. Maybe they make it to be friendlier to the greater audience.

Yincrow X6 is obviously on the warm side. So both does not really melt well...

Having a more 'neutral' or leaner sounding source might could give X6 a better balance... (IMHO)...

PS. I once tried to decode your cryptic location but failed :) .... Don't tell me... I'll give a try another time...

Oct 5, 2021 at 11:30 AM Post #57,995 of 75,279
Hahahaha genius idea.

20211005_172255.jpg

LBBS + parts express headband = deeper fit
(putting something like blu tack should make it more secure)

https://giantpygmy.net/shop/index.php?id_product=8&controller=product

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #57,997 of 75,279
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #57,999 of 75,279
I do think that is genius! I mean obviously whoever did that is a genius. I'm looking for that headband now.
Thats my idea and pic lol.

The headband is from "parts express". Its usually bought to upgrade the stock headband on the Koss Porta Pro/KSC75. I have a few of them because of that.

Oct 6, 2021 at 1:56 AM Post #58,001 of 75,279
Not so much 'deeper' but more forcing a seal like when you press them in with your fingers.

Well, unless you have giant earholes. Then yeah...
+1 Definitely not for everyone, since earbuds were actually made just to sit inside the ear and not so inserted like "in-ear" monitor earphones. I will highly find this uncomfortable, IMHO.

-Clear

Oct 6, 2021 at 2:23 AM Post #58,002 of 75,279
Not so much 'deeper' but more forcing a seal like when you press them in with your fingers.

Well, unless you have giant earholes. Then yeah...

also pushing earbuds deeper into the ears would usually increase midbass to mids "boom" , and reduce the airy-ness of the soundstage.. I'm not debating whether it's right or wrong, as depending on the earbuds (and person) that method might or may not work.. , it's just at that point and the resulted sound, i rather go with straight up IEMs.

my preferred earbuds placement would be making them sit on the concha, put my thumb behind the lobule, and "pinch" the earbuds back and down (to the back of the neck)

but if it works for @RikudouGoku and he likes it, great for him! i genuinely like the idea and might find a scenario where it would work for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back