Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 5, 2021 at 1:12 PM Post #57,678 of 75,592
hi
i want to buy smabat m2s pro and will buy driver but i want technically best driver.
is super one driver better in details,soundstage wideness? i am no basshead so increase of bass wont be choose reason
thanks in advance

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #57,679 of 75,592
hi
i want to buy smabat m2s pro and will buy driver but i want technically best driver.
super one driver is better in details,soundstage wideness? i am no basshead so increase of bass wont be choose reason
thanks in advance

I'll almost surely receive mine tomorrow. I could tell you something about it later next week.

Sep 5, 2021 at 4:57 PM Post #57,683 of 75,592
My Yincrow X6 and LBBS arrived a couple of days ago, pretty dang fast by aliexpress standards. So far, the X6 is right up my alley. The low end is good, it's detailed enough, but it's also just fun and not fatiguing to listen to. Great when listening to background music when reading or listening to podcasts in bed.
The LBBS seems strong as well. Definitely more detailed than the X6, but less bass/warmth I think? Stock out of the box it seems like it has better technicalities (I hope that's the term I'm looking for) but it's less fun to listen to. I haven't gotten around to getting @RikudouGoku 's EQ on wavelet yet though, I'm definitely looking forward to what effect that'll have.

So yeah, pretty dang satisfied with my purchases so far :beyersmile:

Sep 5, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #57,684 of 75,592
hi
is super one driver better in details,soundstage wideness? i am no basshead so increase of bass wont be choose reason
thanks in advance
First off, I don't think you really have to worry about getting ANY earbud that will be at "basshead" levels (unless you EQ them that way, though some DO have more bass than others, and the higher ohm drivers tend to lean towards more bass). So you have a huge pool to choose from if you aren't happy with whatever you land on.

I can't give a really clear answer to your question, only a vague response. @miserybeforethemusic got his Super One driver last week, and found that it sounds just about the same from the M2S Pro as it does from the M0 (though slightly different). He actually likes the Super One driver much better than the stock 40 ohm driver. Where the comparison stalls is that he doesn't have the 150 ohm driver to compare with. So, in the end his thoughts are that the Super One driver is definitely an upgrade to (at least) the 40 ohm driver. A quote from an email I recieved from him regarding the Super One driver:
because I think they're perfect for our kinda stuff, especially when it comes to keeping the midrange weight that we usually associate with the hard part of Hard Rock.
And by our stuff, he's talking about prog rock, metal, hard rock, etc...

Oh, and also:
If you do happen to get back on there, please give everybody my best wishes.

Sep 5, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #57,686 of 75,592
I was browsing Aliexpress looking for good deals when i stumbled upon this review in the M2s Pro drivers official page Link

1630882448521.png

To anyone that has recently bought a ST10s B/G 150ohm driver (Yellow dot), please check if you received the correct unit.
The driver underneath the connector should look like this:

1630882917888.png

This is a genuine ST10s B/G driver, it can come with red or blue rim.

The one in the picture above is a well known DIY Driver usually referred to as 150ohm Blue glue (Value 8-9$).

1630882984738.png

150ohm Blue glue is a great driver, don't get me wrong, but it sure isn't a ST10s B/G.

I don't want to get to immediate conclusions, they could have simply changed supplier (but i strongly doubt it).
If this is true, this is a plain scam and you should ask for a refund.

An explanation could be:
They run out of 150ohm B/G drivers due to high demand so they bought the first cheap 150ohm driver they could find and passed it off as ST10s drivers.
They also purged old reviews that showed true 150ohm B/G drivers.

I hope i'm wrong.

Last edited:
Sep 5, 2021 at 9:56 PM Post #57,687 of 75,592
mine should be coming this week as well, i can compare to 40 ohm and golden 150 ohm. right now, golden driver is my go-to out of LBBS, Chaconne, X6 but I lean closer to basshead

I have a super one driver on its way as well. It should be here in the next couple days as it’s cleared customs.

First off, I don't think you really have to worry about getting ANY earbud that will be at "basshead" levels (unless you EQ them that way, though some DO have more bass than others, and the higher ohm drivers tend to lean towards more bass). So you have a huge pool to choose from if you aren't happy with whatever you land on.

I can't give a really clear answer to your question, only a vague response. @miserybeforethemusic got his Super One driver last week, and found that it sounds just about the same from the M2S Pro as it does from the M0 (though slightly different). He actually likes the Super One driver much better than the stock

thanks
i will buy in 10 days so i will be waiting comments about drivers.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:43 AM Post #57,688 of 75,592
Well, everything I just said after hours of listening last night about the Zen Lite only applies to it with donut foams. I tried them today with no foams and they are totally different animals…. No longer overly warm or muffled. No mud at all in the mid bass, no vocal leakage, no small soundstage, etc…. I’m really shocked at how radically different these sound. Right now they are a little boxy, but the bass is tight, the soundstage is large, and I’ve got a feeling I can tune these to perfection. I’ll be working on that tonight.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:51 AM Post #57,689 of 75,592
Well, everything I just said after hours of listening last night about the Zen Lite only applies to it with donut foams. I tried them today with no foams and they are totally different animals…. No longer overly warm or muffled. No mud at all in the mid bass, no vocal leakage, no small soundstage, etc…. I’m really shocked at how radically different these sound. Right now they are a little boxy, but the bass is tight, the soundstage is large, and I’ve got a feeling I can tune these to perfection. I’ll be working on that tonight.

Not sure bout the Zen Lite, but the Zen 2.0 is designed to be used without foams.

Sep 6, 2021 at 1:54 AM Post #57,690 of 75,592
I am (almost) jealous. I have bought some that I feel no need to fiddle with to make them sound better. So, while I am content with the sound that most of them have, I sort of like/miss tip rolling, and cable rolling, and even filter rolling from IEMs. Maybe I'll get some more drivers, and even some filters to play with the M2S Pro some more, because I DO think these need to sound better than the stock 40 ohm (and maybe I'll even cable roll a bit too). I haven't found there to be a significant difference between full foam, donut, and no foam so far (at least with the Smabats). Maybe my ears just can't hear it because they are pretty strong in the area I am sensitive to, so I can't hear the lifted bass, etc... :wink:

Or maybe I just need to break down and just do a DIY set?! :rabbit2: :hole: #2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back