Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 17, 2021 at 3:45 AM Post #57,196 of 75,272
Concur, Maria I & II are bright sounding but damn do they have a wondrously wide soundstage. @ClieOS describes the Maria II quite well: "As for sound - think of it with a sound signature between SimPhonio D2+ and D3 - bright and very well extended treble, somewhat warm on the mid range, good deep punching but moderate low-end with a super massive soundstage. Listening to it pretty much equal to listening a miniature open back on-ear rather than an earbud. because of how 'out-of-the-ear' it sounds, even wider than the original Maria and definitely the widest sounding earbud in the market."
OMG they are indeed wide! I would put them up against the HD800 (or its little brother HD700 which I own) for how wide they are. As for the sound sig @ClieOS is pretty spot on. I WILL have to say though, the Chaconne aren't too far away from being that wide. They also have a massive soundstage to them.

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:48 AM Post #57,197 of 75,272
can't wait to see their planned Rose Maxim.
Concur... here is a prototype of the Rose Maxim that @ClieOS shared if you already haven't seen it:

1629186503313.png

Aug 17, 2021 at 3:52 AM Post #57,199 of 75,272
Concur... here is a prototype of the Rose Maxim that @ClieOS shared if you already haven't seen it:

1629186503313.png
Those look fantastic (kinda' looks like a double barreled shotgun :wink:)! I hope they decide (in the final product) to go with detachable cable though.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:25 AM Post #57,202 of 75,272
Those look fantastic (kinda' looks like a double barreled shotgun :wink:)! I hope they decide (in the final product) to go with detachable cable though.
Interesting design for sure, but it doesn’t have to look this complicated. I totally agree with the implementation of a separate bass port,
but with a stem designed like this, MMCX version would look ridiculous, like a shotgun with silencer

1629199457234.png

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2021 at 8:06 AM Post #57,204 of 75,272
For me, it design look like auglamor

1629200436925.png
Nope. They are totally different "species" :wink: Rx1 looks nice at first glance but has too many flaws especially when it comes to acoustics

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:16 AM Post #57,205 of 75,272
Nope. They are totally different "species" :wink: Rx1 looks nice at first glance but has too many flaws especially when it comes to acoustics

Haven't tried any Auglamour earbuds, but for their IEMs, their rep in the audio world is that they look much better than they sound haha.

Aug 17, 2021 at 8:31 AM Post #57,206 of 75,272
Aug 17, 2021 at 2:58 PM Post #57,208 of 75,272
Good day. It would be helpful if we had a bit more info... hi-end options especially can be quite expensive:
  • source (using a DAC/AMP/DAP/PC/smartphone/streamer; audio file type including bit & sample rate)
  • preferred connection (termination type e.g. 3.5SE/4.4TRRS/2.5mm; single-end vs balanced; mic/no mic)
  • listening level & time (volume, and for how long?)
  • listening environment (mobile/office desk/home desktop/listening room)
  • preferred sound signature (bright; flat/neutral; balanced/natural/smooth; dark/warm; extra bass/bassy; L/U/V-shaped)
  • preferred genre (rock, heavy metal, pop, classical, OST, hip-hop, R&B, Korean-Pop, EDM, podcasts, audiobooks, etc.)
  • preferred shell type (depends on your ears and personal comfort; please see here)
  • preferred brand (only applicable if asking for a model recommendation within a single brand)
  • price range (probably the most important; what are you willing/looking to spend?)
  • source - Fiio Q3/Phone/Flac/Wav
  • preferred connection-2.5mm/3.5mm
  • listening level & time - 30-65% /a few hours
  • listening environment-at home
  • preferred sound signature-neutral/balanced or something with a reference type sound signature (currently listening on sennhesier hd650, ath-m50x, shozy stardust bk, smabat st-10, ve zen ll)
  • preferred genre -rock, funk, soul, electronic, ambient
  • preferred shell type-pk or custom but i’m not that picky
  • price range - looking for budget and high end options in the earbud realm so i don’t really have one but it’d be nice to have multiple options to try

Aug 18, 2021 at 12:20 AM Post #57,209 of 75,272
You know, last night when I was listening to an orchestral piece through the M0 shell with the 40 ohm driver powered by the Little Bear B4X, for the first time in my life I felt completely immersed with only a hint of vagueness in the frontal sound field. It was the most enveloped I have ever been by music. It was the clearest vision of an auditory scene that I have ever experienced from headphone reproduction. I’m going to try it again tonight, but I’m certain there is some sort of magic in this combination. The mild warmth, weight, and low order distortion combined with a slightly reeled in horizontal sound field by the B4X seems to be exactly what those buds need. I was absolutely center stage in an intimate hall reveling in the artists‘ utter mastery of their collective crafts. Immersed in my imagination and alleviated from the tyrannies of the world in which I actually exist, surrendered to the beauty of possibilities, I could not help but appreciated what splendor $130 could buy me :D

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2021 at 12:59 AM Post #57,210 of 75,272
You know, last night when I was listening to an orchestral piece through the M0 shell with the 40 ohm driver powered by the Little Bear B4X, for the first time in my life I felt completely immersed with only a hint of vagueness in the frontal sound field. It was the most enveloped I have ever been by music. it was the clearest vision of an auditory scene that I have ever experienced From headphone reproduction. I’m going to try it again tonight, but I’m certain there is some sort of magic in this combination. The mild warm, weight, and low order distortion combined with a mildly reeled in horizontal sound field by the B4X seems to be exactly what those buds need. I was absolutely center stage in an intimate hall reveling in the artists‘ utter mastery of their collective crafts. Immersed in my imagination and alleviated from the tyrannies of the world in which I actually exist, surrendered to the beauty of possibilities, I could not help but appreciated what splendor $130 could buy me :D
Maybe you had better tell your wife so she doesn't end up thinking you are cheating on her?! :wink: Seriosly though, that is what it is all about. Also known as end game! Congratz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back