Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #55,111 of 75,342
IMO it doesn't matter if they use the same driver as long as the x6 justifies the higher price by sounding better.

Another example would be with the tanchjim oxygen vs the blon 03, same driver but like a 10x price difference between them and they sound drastically different.
Uuuh... don't start topic about DLC driver. This drive has incredible potential, but only in 10% of cases we have products that have managed to use only max 80% of the potential. You're right, Tanchjim H2O and the Blon 03 are great example for IEMs.
Now for the buds we have BGVP DX5 which is total disaster (shell block driver vents), _Senfer KP110 (shell stem is weird),
_Turandot ... 50-50 maybe. Why they simply use generic shell and tune the driver properly and not complicated things with some unusual shell design. And where is that driver now, I mean we don't see any earphones using it.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #55,112 of 75,342
Have you ever listened to DIY Vido?
If you haven't, why are you so confident in recommending the more expensive X6 instead of DIY Vido?
Is DIY Vido different from the usual one? I remember buying one in 2017 but lost that or I guess it did not last long. That time it was introduced newly and I bought from NiceHCK. Quite cheap it was. I guess $3 USD with Mic. Not sure if there is any improvement in build quality and sound since then or especially with DIY Edition? Do you suggest me to go for that?

BTW, would you be interested in the Yincrow X6 with MMCX support?
I feel it's closest to the original X6 when I use OFC cables, and when I use silver plated cables, I feel the soundstage is wider, so changing cables with MMCX is fun.
MMCX X6.jpg
Yincrow X6 with MMCX Cable is better than normal X6? What difference it makes from different cable? If the MMCX Cable (or any cable) is of very good quality, will that make huge difference in sound quality? I think it may make some difference surely but not sure how much?

Jun 16, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #55,113 of 75,342
Let me introduce these in the flow of MMCX support.

This black docomo and white docomo were recently made MMCX compatible by me.

The black Shozy's balanced cable sounds like the Shozy BK Balanced, and the white silver-plated cable sounds like the Shozy Cygnus.
MMCX docomo B&W.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 8:10 PM Post #55,114 of 75,342
Is DIY Vido different from the usual one? I remember buying one in 2017 but lost that or I guess it did not last long. That time it was introduced newly and I bought from NiceHCK. Quite cheap it was. I guess $3 USD with Mic. Not sure if there is any improvement in build quality and sound since then or especially with DIY Edition? Do you suggest me to go for that?
I think DIY Vido uses the same driver as the older regular ones. DIY Vido is cheap so I suggest you go for that.

Yincrow X6 with MMCX Cable is better than normal X6? What difference it makes from different cable? If the MMCX Cable (or any cable) is of very good quality, will that make huge difference in sound quality? I think it may make some difference surely but not sure how much?
Sorry, the Yincrow X6 with MMCX is not available on the market as I made it myself.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #55,115 of 75,342
The Yincrow X6 has been my most satisfying audio purchase for the last 5 years. The price of the X6 and the sound quality you get in return is absolutely phenomenal. I liked them so much I bought two more. Lol The only audio related item I bought twice are the Jvc Fxt-90’s and the Grado SR-60’s. I won’t mind if Yincrow made a slightly expensive version of the X6 that improves on the cable quality, as those are the only thing that worry me about the long term durability of the earbuds.
MusicMaker TP-16 is also very good. And I feel good upgrade in terms of sound quality. Also, I recently bought FAAEL Iris and that is beautiful too. You should try that too:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33041471307.html

As far as JVC FXT-90 is concerned, I remember hearing that long ago (or FXT-100). The sound was incredible. And what Bass. Thundering and Skull Shaking. Unfortunately I do not find In-Ear earphones comfortable so did not buy or never think of going to that side. But I always wish if there any earbud which can give similar sound in terms of clarity and Bass especially and most like with Mic. But there is none and may not be none at all too.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2021 at 9:02 PM Post #55,117 of 75,342
Ok. Cannot make or modify it as never done so. So DIV Vido has same sound and build quality like regular one? No upgrade at all?
The DIY Vido now has the same length of cable on both sides compared to the old normal one. The cable might be a little more robust.

By now you've seen enough of this thread to know which product to buy.

So I'm not going to reply to you anymore.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:14 PM Post #55,118 of 75,342
The DIY Vido now has the same length of cable on both sides compared to the old normal one. The cable might be a little more robust.

By now you've seen enough of this thread to know which product to buy.

So I'm not going to reply to you anymore.
Yes I got good info. Will be buying that MMCX you suggested. I was just exploring more options for near future too. It is fine if you do not reply as I already shortlisted the one you suggested.

Jun 16, 2021 at 9:48 PM Post #55,120 of 75,342
MusicMaker TP-16 is also very good. And I feel good upgrade in terms of sound quality. Also, I recently bought FAAEL Iris and that is beautiful too. You should try that too:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33041471307.html

As far as JVC FXT-90 is concerned, I remember hearing that long ago (or FXT-100). The sound was incredible. And what Bass. Thundering and Skull Shaking. Unfortunately I do not find In-Ear earphones comfortable so did not buy or never think of going to that side. But I always wish if there any earbud which can give similar sound in terms of clarity and Bass especially and most like with Mic. But there is none and may not be none at all too.
I already have the tp16 haha. I like them as well. I ordered the Faaeal Iris Ancestor because I had a good experience with my Snow Lotus 1.0. Is the Iris and the Iris Ancestor the same? Faaeal has so many earbud models that I’ve lost track. 😅

Jun 16, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #55,121 of 75,342
I pressed it up further into my ear canal and heard a click, then suddenly I had some bass response.

Sounds like you like them then. :joy:

But any kind of driver flex should be straight up impossible with buds...

it's possible to have driver flex with earbuds, in fact in this thread alone you can find instances of them occuring. Usually it happens to someone who is not using foams on their earbuds. any amount of foams would cut the possibility of flex happening, but it definitely could happen. i personally have almost similar amount of hearing driver flexes between IEMs and earbuds

i think almost all of DIY and earbuds maker would definitely have modded a Vido, and most of them that i've heard sounded good... that is saying something about the driver potential :ksc75smile:
also for a bit of blast to the past: let's not forget the Kube, and also (especially) Edifier H180 which has a quite wide difference in sound signature between their mods.

i haven't heard that many versatility in mods with the IEM world.. like for instance the MH755, most of them are just cable changes and detachable mods, and even if the mod is sound related, i haven't heard one that has significant enough changes/improvements from the stock sound

Jun 17, 2021 at 1:57 AM Post #55,123 of 75,342
Head's up to anyone interested in the Blur MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch "aPs" Edition (300Ω)... this current run is ending soon.

As a custom builder Wong doesn't buy parts (wires, plugs, drivers) in bulk thus explaining why he has so many different and varying models and limited run numbers.

There are now only three (3) MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs editions remaining as follows:
  • Oyaide 2.5mm (2.5TRRS); Blue Shell
  • Oyaide 3.5mm (3.5SE); Black Shell
  • Rhodium Plated 4.4mm (4.4TRRS); Red Shell
You can few them on his Instagram here

The next version of the MX300 美魔女 Beautiful Witch aPs will use completely different cabling and possibly no longer terminated with Oyaide plugs... undetermined release date because Wong is busy working on other models and new designs --- I will soon post a brand new Limited Edition model once I have had time to listen and reflect on it.

Jun 17, 2021 at 2:37 AM Post #55,124 of 75,342
Some good deals for the upcoming AE sale starting next week on June 21:

Yincrow RW-2000 (~USD 128)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001658760523.html
Neutral sounding with some mid-bass boast, excellent price-performance ratio if you want to experience what a TOTL earbud sounds like.

SMABAT ST-10s (~USD 83 - 150ohm Black Gold version)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001485239820.html
Probably still the best earbud when it comes to sub-bass, especially at this price range. Best paired with a DAC/Amp with good power output.

Ksearphone Little Black Bell S aka LBBs (~USD 37 - Option: BellLBs Black no mic)
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002787930610.html
Neutral sounding with a slightly forward & lively presentation. Get this if you want to try Ks bell-shaped shell and house sound for their Bell series.

RW-2000 vs ST-10s black gold, which has the better mids and soundstage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back