Earbuds Round-Up
May 13, 2021 at 2:21 PM Post #54,016 of 75,375
I don't know about you, but if I have $ 300 to spend it will be very, very difficult for me to invest it in a smabat
Forget about the price, i know :joy: I try to not look :expressionless:. But we can comment about other things for sure

May 13, 2021 at 2:22 PM Post #54,017 of 75,375
What do you think of the Super Noe aka. Super ONE design?
It looks interesting and is probably a shell of less weight than previous Smabat models.
I am only worried about these sharp edges on the side of the shell, I hope it does not touch the ear when worn over the ear or upright
Concur, wondering the same.

May 13, 2021 at 2:23 PM Post #54,018 of 75,375
Smabat M0 (20ohm Ti) vs M2s Pro (40ohm Ti). The difference is double the impedance and almost double the price.
I don't know if it will be possible to use any of the DIY drivers as it could with the previous modular system? Fingers crossed :wink:
Well, I was thinking about the clema (I don't know how it is translated, but it is the white coupling), you who know the DIY, do you think that loose in the Inter of the bud will affect the sound as it is placed?

and then seeing the noe, I don't see ventilation.

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #54,019 of 75,375
Well, I was thinking about the clema (I don't know how it is translated, but it is the white coupling), you who know the DIY, do you think that loose in the Inter of the bud will affect the sound as it is placed? and then seeing the noe, I don't see ventilation.
Everything inside the shell will influence the sound in some way.
First the inner cavity space decreases, the pressure changes, the reflection of the sound wave from the back also changes.
Worst case scenario from these changes are hollow sound if the space is too large or has a lot of vents or congested sound if the space is too small or without vents.
Super Noe has "special" vent system aka. Labyrinth resonance structure and vents are placd at the top - back of the shell
NOE.jpg

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #54,020 of 75,375
Thanks for sharing and giving me (us all) a "head's up!" on this momentous update at the Smabat Shop. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: LOL the Super Noe is supposed to be Super ONE!

1620926771636.png
While it is nice to see more high-tier/TOTL buds coming out, I do wonder if they can handle the (probably) high competition in that price range since Smabat seems to be more into the mid-tier area.

May 13, 2021 at 2:46 PM Post #54,021 of 75,375
Everything inside the shell will influence the sound in some way.
First the inner cavity space decreases, the pressure changes, the reflection of the sound wave from the back also changes.
Worst case scenario from these changes are hollow sound if the space is too large or has a lot of vents or congested sound if the space is too small or without vents.
Super Noe has "special" vent system aka. Labyrinth resonance structure and vents are placd at the top - back of the shell
They could also increase the bass vent a bit more because there is more space here
2.jpg

The idea for Super Noe Extra Bass version :wink: + $50-$100 increase in price. :joy:

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 2:49 PM Post #54,022 of 75,375
While it is nice to see more high-tier/TOTL buds coming out, I do wonder if they can handle the (probably) high competition in that price range since Smabat seems to be more into the mid-tier area.
Why not. These days, the trend is that newer models of earbuds have a price of around $300 :wink:

May 13, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #54,025 of 75,375
May 13, 2021 at 3:23 PM Post #54,026 of 75,375
and says "super" that automatically improves all frequencies and tone, you add with that you will be much more cool!!!!!!!
I think "super" is more related to the price :wink:

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 3:28 PM Post #54,027 of 75,375
Paid with PayPal, not worried :)

The seller has mostly Xiaomi stuff, I think (hope) they might be just clearing out old stock.
Just purchased the 1MORE E1008 at the taobao store below for only 299 RMB ($46 US dollars). How this one almost past me by at such a low price is beyond me. I feel very fortunate! The seller has only around "50 of them left". Get them while you can!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...MGGlQF&id=642997904247&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail

Can't wait to check these out!...Another collector's edition "TOTL" for me!

-Clear :beerchug:

Last edited:
May 13, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #54,028 of 75,375
Yeah, it was more about the "optical fiber" part that confused me. Unless optical fiber is included in "bio" diaphragms.

Just purchased the 1MORE E1008 at the taobao store below for only 299 RMB ($46 US dollars). How this one almost past me by at such a low price is beyond me. I feel very fortunate! The seller has only around "50 of them left". Get them while you can!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...MGGlQF&id=642997904247&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail

Can't wait to check these out!...Another collector's edition "TOTL" for me!

-Clear :beerchug:
Be careful about fakes though...

May 13, 2021 at 4:14 PM Post #54,029 of 75,375
Ah, I'm pretty happy with my EBX21s and like them a tiny bit better than my ME80s. I manage to get a good fit but I have to use silicone ear hooks and after a while it does get physically fatiguing, which is a shame because the openness of earbuds make them so easy to listen to compared to IEMs or closedback cans. I am pretty interested in the K Bells at this point if they are extremely comfortable, just turned off by the high price and lack of removable cables/options for balanced output. Curious to see what sort of sound signature the 2021 versions posted above will have -- I'd be really tempted if they're on the warmer bassier side given how bright my EBX21s sound.

May 13, 2021 at 4:38 PM Post #54,030 of 75,375
@povidlo Just inform you that the store in Spain where you bought the 1more is a trusted store, they work with Xiaomi stocks (of all product families). The chances of it being fake are the same as buying in any local commerce store ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back