Earbuds Round-Up
May 13, 2021 at 5:42 PM Post #54,032 of 75,080
Ditto. If the Bell-Ti had MMCX I'd have them.
That will require total redesign of the buds because otherwise it would have a negative impact on comfort.
Only for this pair of buds I do not suggest the MMCX version, they are perfect as they are.
But I definitely agree with you, all models over $100 should have interchangeable cables, it's convenient that way

May 13, 2021 at 5:56 PM Post #54,033 of 75,080
Right, even if there were no MMCX connectors I would at least appreciate different termination. I would really like silver cable in 2.5mm balanced with 3.5mm or 4.4mm adapter compatibility, like the Bell-WE(?) had. The mental gymnastics I've been trying lately is just accept that 3.5mm single ended sounds fine and is more compatible with multiple devices, including more retro tech like an old walkman or gameboy.

May 13, 2021 at 6:18 PM Post #54,034 of 75,080
Just purchased the 1MORE E1008 at the taobao store below for only 299 RMB ($46 US dollars). How this one almost past me by at such a low price is beyond me. I feel very fortunate! The seller has only around "50 of them left". Get them while you can!

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?sp...MGGlQF&id=642997904247&ns=1&abbucket=3#detail

Can't wait to check these out!...Another collector's edition "TOTL" for me!

-Clear :beerchug:
Looking forward to your impressions!

And comparison to EP09 :ksc75smile:

@povidlo Just inform you that the store in Spain where you bought the 1more is a trusted store, they work with Xiaomi stocks (of all product families). The chances of it being fake are the same as buying in any local commerce store ....
Thanks for confirming, bro.

May 13, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #54,035 of 75,080
Right, even if there were no MMCX connectors I would at least appreciate different termination. I would really like silver cable in 2.5mm balanced with 3.5mm or 4.4mm adapter compatibility, like the Bell-WE(?) had. The mental gymnastics I've been trying lately is just accept that 3.5mm single ended sounds fine and is more compatible with multiple devices, including more retro tech like an old walkman or gameboy.
SE works fine if you are using it on a desktop amp. But if you are using it on a portable source, going balanced will in most cases give you a LOT (like, double or even triple the amount) more power than the SE output.

May 13, 2021 at 8:20 PM Post #54,037 of 75,080
SE works fine if you are using it on a desktop amp. But if you are using it on a portable source, going balanced will in most cases give you a LOT (like, double or even triple the amount) more power than the SE output.
it's even more important of a consideration for me considering some of these buds are like 120ohms! and since i use sony DAPs they tend to be a bit underpowered anyway even with balanced output

May 13, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #54,038 of 75,080
So I’ve been thinking about the inherent differences between earbuds and iems/headphones. The biggest thing that comes to mind is transients. Transient impact seems a bit more pronounced on some iems and headphones but I find earbuds to be on par if not better in every other way. For instance, the gun clack on the hd800’s or jvc fdx-1 is quite pronounced whereas on my blur ultimate brokee, it’s toned down some but still there. It doesn’t seem to be just tuning, seems more inherent than that. Anyone have thoughts on this?

May 13, 2021 at 10:43 PM Post #54,040 of 75,080
Samsung Buds Live I have been tempted to buy them, they are really cheap now, the question is because of the performance of the microphone for phone calls, do you use it for calls?

the mic is one of my best TWS for calls.
funnily enough, this Buds Live, along with Sabbat Vooplay and Vivo Neo (both with earbud foams) are my most used earbuds nowadays.. just can't beat the combined package in ease of use and sound

May 13, 2021 at 10:49 PM Post #54,041 of 75,080
Yeah, it works for them but is very annoying when I try to search for "earbuds" in a store and find iems instead....

Haha when I search "earbuds" in local audio online shops, I usually get a ton of TWS earbuds and apple crap. Can only find legit earbuds on sites like aliexpress.

Seems in my country that earbuds are super niche and more than 90% of people on the street are using wireless gear.

So I’ve been thinking about the inherent differences between earbuds and iems/headphones. The biggest thing that comes to mind is transients. Transient impact seems a bit more pronounced on some iems and headphones but I find earbuds to be on par if not better in every other way. For instance, the gun clack on the hd800’s or jvc fdx-1 is quite pronounced whereas on my blur ultimate brokee, it’s toned down some but still there. It doesn’t seem to be just tuning, seems more inherent than that. Anyone have thoughts on this?

Well for one, earbuds are outside the ear canal, so maybe it takes some times for transients to hit the eardrum, compared to IEMs which are inside the ear canal. As for headphones, I find a few also don't have as good transients as some IEMs for the same reason, though the caveat is I only tried cheap headphones (that's a rabbithole I can't step in yet, as the IEMs and earbuds one is already burning quite a hole in my wallet!)

May 14, 2021 at 12:37 AM Post #54,042 of 75,080
Haha when I search "earbuds" in local audio online shops, I usually get a ton of TWS earbuds and apple crap. Can only find legit earbuds on sites like aliexpress.

Seems in my country that earbuds are super niche and more than 90% of people on the street are using wireless gear.

Well for one, earbuds are outside the ear canal, so maybe it takes some times for transients to hit the eardrum, compared to IEMs which are inside the ear canal. As for headphones, I find a few also don't have as good transients as some IEMs for the same reason, though the caveat is I only tried cheap headphones (that's a rabbithole I can't step in yet, as the IEMs and earbuds one is already burning quite a hole in my wallet!)
Really good point.

May 14, 2021 at 2:41 AM Post #54,043 of 75,080
It is a spiral, if you have already achieved the comfort and the appropriate fit, you are looking for a better sound ... but some of the variants get lost in that way, so do not buy more models for now.

On the way there are good models but they fail at something, like little bell, dendroaspis (I'll switch to copper wire soon and keep trying), etc.

I achieved all the requirements with TO600, and with a simple 150 ohm DIY (this is a low-deficit pass but warm and pleasant), of the models that interest me, but I do not buy for:

EP09 setting

ZEN LL build quality

KBELL exorbitant price and fit.

Rosemary setting(but I will end up buying it anyway, there is little to lose, but I will wait for the 2.5mm version, which will return as indicated in the store).

And if possible, stop buying impulsively.
Can you give some thougts of dendroaspis compared to TO600? I love TO600 but have not yet tried dendroaspis

May 14, 2021 at 2:46 AM Post #54,044 of 75,080
the mic is one of my best TWS for calls.
funnily enough, this Buds Live, along with Sabbat Vooplay and Vivo Neo (both with earbud foams) are my most used earbuds nowadays.. just can't beat the combined package in ease of use and sound
I want to update my Jabra elite active 65t that already has a lot of use and makes me empty in the ear, and since I am with buds lately I thought the buds live, it is in amazon for something more than € 100, it is a good price as long as I do his work.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back