Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 28, 2020 at 3:03 AM Post #49,456 of 75,314
Thanks for your impressions. Isn't the NiceHCK Traceless the same as the Vido? Perhaps the different Vidos have different tuning, but not sure if unit variation plays a part.

It should be the same as the Nicehck red and blue version? but it sounds different from the regular vido to me, at least the blue and the black version i have. The traceless seems to have a more neutral tuning and slightly better clarity to me.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:09 AM Post #49,457 of 75,314
Most of last week I was enjoying these:
IMG_20200902_154316.jpg

They are my own DIY build, using 120Ω beryllium drivers. Since they are higher impedance / lower sensitivity, they do require a bit more power than most cellphones provide.

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #49,458 of 75,314
Hey all, first time posting here. I'm looking for a replacement to my Toneking TO400s, had them for a few months but the right ear keeps giving me trouble and I'm not looking to double up and buy another. Hard to really describe a sound for what I need. I mainly use my buds for gaming and voice, the TO400s were great for what I needed. Having a pair with accurate instrument placement and good soundstage is the best I could describe for what I need. A few I've tried that don't work well for me include

pairs like the:
Apple airpods
FAAEL Iris CE &
Monk plus

I used the Smabat St-10s briefly and they were good overall but the positioning was off with the sound.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions and would appreciate any. Thank you.

Sep 28, 2020 at 1:47 PM Post #49,459 of 75,314
just got these. initial impressions... K's nameless has a warm sound with full sounding mids. A little warm for my taste (compared to the nicehck traceless), but paid around 4 SGD for it, so no complaints here. Like it more than the KBEAR stellar, which has a warm tuning too but with thinner sounding mids to me.

Jcally EP01 has more of a brighter tuning. Mids can sound a little thin and sounds like they are being pulled towards the higher frequencies. So male vocals sound brighter than they normally do, and even female vocals sounds a little off to me too. I paid closer to 4 SGD from a seller I'm more familiar with, but i've seen it go as cheaper as 2 SGD on shopee.sg. Maybe folks who likes brighter sound signature will like it since the handful of budget buds I've tried mostly seems to be warmer sounding, but I personally would still prefer the nicehck traceless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1utj6ih.png
If you're on an android 9+ device, use this file with wavelet and your nameless earbud will sound about 7X better.

**edit**
and will be one of your top earbuds in sound.

Attachments

• k_s nameless oratory.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 0
Sep 28, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #49,460 of 75,314
I'm using the eq you posted for the rambo2, it's really nice. Close to what I had but cleaner, I'm going to keep using it. Thanks :thumbsup:
Thanks for trying it out! I really like my rambo 2's with that file. A very iem-friendly sound profile after compensation.

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:01 PM Post #49,461 of 75,314
Hey all, first time posting here. I'm looking for a replacement to my Toneking TO400s, had them for a few months but the right ear keeps giving me trouble and I'm not looking to double up and buy another. Hard to really describe a sound for what I need. I mainly use my buds for gaming and voice, the TO400s were great for what I needed. Having a pair with accurate instrument placement and good soundstage is the best I could describe for what I need. A few I've tried that don't work well for me include

pairs like the:
Apple airpods
FAAEL Iris CE &
Monk plus

I used the Smabat St-10s briefly and they were good overall but the positioning was off with the sound.

I'm hoping to get some suggestions and would appreciate any. Thank you.

Yincrow RW-9 (about $18 at Aliexpress)
Aurvana Air (about $65 at direct shop)

I think you should try the Yincrow RW-9, which has a good reputation for music first, and if it doesn't suit you, you can buy the Aurvana Air, which has a good reputation for gaming as well.
The Aurvana Air comes with a hook, but the hook can be removed by finding a way to do so on the web.

Sep 28, 2020 at 2:26 PM Post #49,462 of 75,314
just got these. initial impressions... K's nameless has a warm sound with full sounding mids. A little warm for my taste (compared to the nicehck traceless), but paid around 4 SGD for it, so no complaints here. Like it more than the KBEAR stellar, which has a warm tuning too but with thinner sounding mids to me.

Jcally EP01 has more of a brighter tuning. Mids can sound a little thin and sounds like they are being pulled towards the higher frequencies. So male vocals sound brighter than they normally do, and even female vocals sounds a little off to me too. I paid closer to 4 SGD from a seller I'm more familiar with, but i've seen it go as cheaper as 2 SGD on shopee.sg. Maybe folks who likes brighter sound signature will like it since the handful of budget buds I've tried mostly seems to be warmer sounding, but I personally would still prefer the nicehck traceless. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1utj6ih.png

I had an immediate dislike for the Traceless the first time I listened to it, but after some time it didn't sound as bad as it did initially. I much prefer the K's Nameless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just goes to show how differently we all hear & how much our preferences differ sometimes.

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:04 PM Post #49,463 of 75,314
I had an immediate dislike for the Traceless the first time I listened to it, but after some time it didn't sound as bad as it did initially. I much prefer the K's Nameless ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Just goes to show how differently we all hear & how much our preferences differ sometimes.

haha. indeed, everyone has got different preferences when it comes to sound and listens to different types of music. For me the nameless is still good just that i personally prefer a bit more upper mids. And since all of these are like super cheap, QC might not be as amazing and there might be some variance between units anyway. It does EQ well like Sam has mentioned though. :L3000: will probably be using them alongside the traceless as my daily beater buds.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 3:16 PM Post #49,464 of 75,314
If you're on an android 9+ device, use this file with wavelet and your nameless earbud will sound about 7X better.

**edit**
Could it be converted to a eq profile for Neutron ?

Sep 28, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #49,465 of 75,314
Hi there.

Is there any replacement for the TC200 for small ears (shell)?

TC200 (FENGRU DIY Tingo), M2 pro, and Tomahawk here. All hurt me.

Sep 28, 2020 at 4:31 PM Post #49,466 of 75,314
Yincrow RW-9 (about $18 at Aliexpress)
Aurvana Air (about $65 at direct shop)

I think you should try the Yincrow RW-9, which has a good reputation for music first, and if it doesn't suit you, you can buy the Aurvana Air, which has a good reputation for gaming as well.
The Aurvana Air comes with a hook, but the hook can be removed by finding a way to do so on the web.
The Aurvana Air looks interesting, I'll have to take a look into it. I'll probably pick up the RW-9 at some point if it goes on sale, Thanks for the reply!

Sep 28, 2020 at 5:46 PM Post #49,467 of 75,314
Could it be converted to a eq profile for Neutron ?
yes, let me re-compile the data and output it to a PEQ file.

**edit**
I don't use neutron, so I'm not sure if it can import this PEQ file. You might have to add the settings manually.

Filter 1: ON PK Fc 27 Hz Gain 6.6 dB Q 0.57
Filter 2: ON PK Fc 205 Hz Gain -3.5 dB Q 0.51
Filter 3: ON PK Fc 631 Hz Gain -3.8 dB Q 0.22
Filter 4: ON PK Fc 931 Hz Gain 2.0 dB Q 1.31
Filter 5: ON PK Fc 1517 Hz Gain 4.1 dB Q 1.17
Filter 6: ON PK Fc 3207 Hz Gain 5.8 dB Q 1.88
Filter 7: ON PK Fc 4901 Hz Gain 5.3 dB Q 2.03
Filter 8: ON PK Fc 8953 Hz Gain 5.1 dB Q 2.85
Filter 9: ON PK Fc 13042 Hz Gain -1.9 dB Q 1.25
Filter 10: ON PK Fc 19774 Hz Gain 5.3 dB Q 0.70

Attachments

• k_s nameless ParametricEQ.txt
    469 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 28, 2020 at 6:36 PM Post #49,468 of 75,314

**edit**

I have an S8 (android 9), so I downloaded wavelet, and I'll try out that file when I get the namelesses. I have a lot of learning to do though, because after I start paying a tune with tidal, when I then go into wavelet it says "No new music sessions have been started yet". But I haven't read any documentation yet, so I'm sure it will become obvious.

Sep 28, 2020 at 7:12 PM Post #49,469 of 75,314
I have an S8 (android 9), so I downloaded wavelet, and I'll try out that file when I get the namelesses. I have a lot of learning to do though, because after I start paying a tune with tidal, when I then go into wavelet it says "No new music sessions have been started yet". But I haven't read any documentation yet, so I'm sure it will become obvious.
Yeah, there are some peculiarities with wavelet and how audio is routed in Android. I think I have it all sort out now. I prob should write something soon.

Wavelet was more of an experiment to see what I could do to keep my earphones and buds sounding consistent across multiple sources (mainly phones and computers) but I also picked up a sony nw-a105, so figuring out a solution keeps things all on the same page.

Some PEQ implementations were tempting (neutron, hiby music) but in the end making a single set of autoeq files ended up being the most efficient. Thankfully autoeq works seamlessly with wavelet and peace/apo equalizer and with some adjustment on eqmac2

Sep 28, 2020 at 8:31 PM Post #49,470 of 75,314
Hi there.

Is there any replacement for the TC200 for small ears (shell)?

TC200 (FENGRU DIY Tingo), M2 pro, and Tomahawk here. All hurt me.

You should try smaller drivers and search for dimensions.

A smaller and excellent fitting bud is the K's LB. Has 14.8mm driver and is about 16.1-16.3mm O.D.

Smabat M1 pro (neutralish signature) is 16.1mm O.D. with a 14 or 14.8mm driver vs the M2 Pro which is 16.8mm O.D. and a 15.4mm driver.

Older PK shell drivers (dual vent) like the Yuin PK1 & PK2, Shozy BK, NTT Docomo, etc. that use 14.8mm drivers are also 16.1mm O.D.

Avoid the newer modified pk style shells (single vent), they are very close to the larger sized mx500 covers at 16.7mm, such as the Nicehck b40.

Yeah, if the player app doesn't send a signal that it is playing it won't trigger wavelet to work. There is a 'legacy mode' you can turn on to see if it will register it and start working. It is in the menu settings.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back