Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 9, 2020 at 8:32 PM Post #47,476 of 75,382
About ready to pull that rotten trigger for the Smabat ST-10s but which one does me choose... 40Ω or 150Ω?
For only desktop usage...either 40Ω or 150Ω.
I do have a nice dac/amp... so 150Ω.
But I already have a pair of 150Ω ear buds... so 40Ω.
Decisions, decisions. Help!
150ohm. Can run off most sources and can scale better with more powerful and/or higher quality amps.

Plus it's GOLD. :)

Apr 9, 2020 at 9:45 PM Post #47,477 of 75,382
Is there any source other than the one remaining store on Ali to get Qian69's? I ordered them at the end of last month but my order has been 'closed' with no shipment for some reason. I'm really annoyed because this is really the only earbud I wanna buy atm and there only seems to be one source to get it. It says:

"Seller failed to ship your order in time. A full refund will be issued automatically to your original payment method within 3 to 20 business days. "

Apr 10, 2020 at 3:11 AM Post #47,478 of 75,382
Is there any source other than the one remaining store on Ali to get Qian69's? I ordered them at the end of last month but my order has been 'closed' with no shipment for some reason. I'm really annoyed because this is really the only earbud I wanna buy atm and there only seems to be one source to get it. It says:

"Seller failed to ship your order in time. A full refund will be issued automatically to your original payment method within 3 to 20 business days. "
guess not. you might want to try taobao via a taobao agent like https://baohero.com/taobao-agent-nz

good luck

Apr 10, 2020 at 11:10 AM Post #47,483 of 75,382
Like to record the sound from different buds

Something like -

This is almost impossible to do with earbuds.
There just aren't any reliable systems available to make consistent recordings.
I have tried many times to make measurements of earbuds with the miniDSP EARS, and it's a huge pain.
Measurements vary wildly even with tiny adjustments.

Earbuds are already the most subjective audio reproduction tool around due to the variances in our ear anatomy and the variances in foam people are using to keep the bud in-place and tuned to taste, so there just ins't any realistic demand for these kinds of reviews/demos.

I think it's fair to assume that most buds that use the same shell and driver-cap/acoustic-lens, often share characteristics.
So if you like one MX500 based-bud (for example), you're likely to enjoy a few others, provided there are quality drivers inside.

Apr 10, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #47,484 of 75,382
Hi all..just took delivery of my new Sabia V7..:ksc75smile::ksc75smile:
I've been building budget DIY earbuds and giving them out to friends, so it's nice to have a benchmark in the price range..

Congrats! Love the V7's :xf_cool:

Apr 13, 2020 at 9:52 AM Post #47,487 of 75,382
Earbuds forever
IMG_tigr_20200413_183212.jpg

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #47,489 of 75,382
Damn. The Sabia V7 is sold out.

I'm listening right now to the Sabia V6 and it's very very good. Exciting listen, quality sound from top to bottom. One of my best earbuds for sure.
I wonder how's the V7's signature and sound quality.

I haven't listened to them side by side for a while, but the V6 and V7 are very similar and tbh, my non-golden ears have a hard time differentiating them. So be happy with your V6 until the V7 is available again! :)

Apr 13, 2020 at 12:57 PM Post #47,490 of 75,382
Crossposting from EA but: Anyone here know where I can procure some rings for the Sony MDR-E434, or ones that provide an equivalent fit? Vintage buds I lost the original rings for, and they help with the fit - anything that would fit the earbud diameter will do, thanks
1f642.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back