Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 1, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #45,676 of 75,279
Is it good for the 25usd they ask for them? From the looks and reviews it seems like a regular 10 bucks earbud to me. Cheap generic shell and cable, it must sound very good to justify the price

Good for you :) It seems PK-shell buds are cursed for me

$25 is half off. Doesn't seem cheap at all to me. I have much more expensive buds that don't seem to have better shells to me. I would still be happy had I paid full price. YMMV.

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:18 PM Post #45,677 of 75,279
Yup. Like the EA more and find it a better value IMHO. Especially at 50% off.

$25 is half off. Doesn't seem cheap at all to me. I have much more expensive buds that don't seem to have better shells to me. I would still be happy had I paid full price. YMMV.

It almost seems like you have unlocked the secret to influencing my "buy now" impulses.

Pretty soon you'll have me buying these headphones:

tenor.gif

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:26 PM Post #45,678 of 75,279
It almost seems like you have unlocked the secret to influencing my "buy now" impulses.

Pretty soon you'll have me buying these headphones:

tenor.gif

You know I have those on order, right?

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:29 PM Post #45,679 of 75,279
@waynes world this sounds fantastic with the EA on like 1 hour burn in

Nov 1, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #45,680 of 75,279

I just started listening to Snarky Puppy recently. I'm sure I haven't shared that info with anyone. It's gotta be a coincidence, right? If not, it's yet another sign lol.

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #45,681 of 75,279
I just started listening to Snarky Puppy recently. I'm sure I haven't shared that info with anyone. It's gotta be a coincidence, right? If not, it's yet another sign lol.

I am a witch...I can hear detail even with my old ears

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #45,682 of 75,279

Seriously! I just got mine tonight also. I put them in my ears and immediately thought that I wouldn't like them. Thirty minutes later and they're sounding really amazing. I put the B40 away. No point in comparing them. They're way different. This has got so much punch and warmth in the bass. Might be my bassiest bud. Taking out the Kube and Sabia V6 to compare.

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #45,683 of 75,279
Thank you, I'll like into both. Is there a way I can get all in one - fantastic mids, relaxed treble, soundstange as well as good timbre and tonality ?
I think you'd be surprised what you get even in a low end bud. The Monk doesn't have an impressive soundstage but the intimate stage with the extreme warmth of the mids is really engaging. Reminds me of the sound from the conductors podium or listening to an ensemble in a small hall. They're my go to for classical chamber ensembles, vocals and jazz. $5!

Nov 1, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #45,684 of 75,279
Given how small the P1 driver is I was wondering today if it would be possible to make planar earbuds
ClieOS has done it. Although it took him a lot of tuning to get any bass response given the lack of seal.

It's in his diy project thread.

Nov 1, 2019 at 9:12 PM Post #45,685 of 75,279
Okay I respect your opinion. I was just quite surprised at the “build construction is unique and classy” statement because the shell and cable are just basic generic items that worth 4usd at most even if you buy them at aliexpress (shell - 0.4usd per pair, cable - looks like any 3-4usd budget braided cable). I had multiple earbuds with that shell, the first was a stock bud for a cheap mp4 player 10 years ago, others may know it from RY4X. So the speakers and the tuning should live up to that extra 20 bucks, which I'm a bit skeptical about, that's why I'm interested how it sounds compared to other 20-30usd buds, or even to budget stuff like B40, Qian69 etc

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2019 at 2:01 AM Post #45,686 of 75,279
Seriously! I just got mine tonight also. I put them in my ears and immediately thought that I wouldn't like them. Thirty minutes later and they're sounding really amazing. I put the B40 away. No point in comparing them. They're way different. This has got so much punch and warmth in the bass. Might be my bassiest bud. Taking out the Kube and Sabia V6 to compare.

"Taking out the Kube and Sabia V6 to compare". Don't be shy!

Nov 2, 2019 at 9:24 AM Post #45,687 of 75,279
Earbuds at such level typically isn't about which is better anymore but more on which fit the taste of the listener better. Both are warm sounding earbuds - Turandot's strength is in its grandness of presentation that resemble of a full size cans, while Bell-Ti has a more delicate treble and detail recovery. To put it simple, Turadot's focus on presentation is more on bass to mid, where Bell-Ti's focus is more on mid to treble.

How about comparison the vocal from both.?

Nov 2, 2019 at 2:17 PM Post #45,688 of 75,279
How about comparison the vocal from both.?

Vocal is kind of the strength of Turandot: sweet, forwarded and intimated. Bell-Ti's vocal isn't bad either, but it is more neutral in flavor.

Nov 2, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #45,689 of 75,279
"Taking out the Kube and Sabia V6 to compare". Don't be shy!
That was a difficult comparison. It's definitely a different signature overall from both. I'd say the Vido would be a sound signature comparison. It's a SUPER upgraded Vido. Bass is similar to the Kube in warmth but not speed. It has as much bass as but doesn't have the bite of the Sabia. The bass dominates the sound signature BUT it doesn't touch the mids at all. They're so crystal clear. The separation is actually really amazing. Sounds like the bass is wrapped around the vocals with the treble floating on top. It has made a lot of my collection obsolete, in my mind. Things that I've really enjoyed now sound really plain and boring. Not saying that it's TOTL (because I don't have any TOTL to compare it to) but it is exactly the kind of improvement I would expect to see from the modest leap in price. I agree that I'd have been happy paying full price for them. Having them half price definitely made them a more palatable risk.

Nov 2, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #45,690 of 75,279
Only just got my EA buds but I like what I hear. Decent bass, clear mids and reasonable highs. Warm and engaging.
Like the EA more and find it a better value IMHO. Especially at 50% off

I was so nervous to hear initial impressions. I am glad you liked it. I tried my best to find a fun, yet good quality sound.

That was a difficult comparison. It's definitely a different signature overall from both. I'd say the Vido would be a sound signature comparison. It's a SUPER upgraded Vido. Bass is similar to the Kube in warmth but not speed. It has as much bass as but doesn't have the bite of the Sabia. The bass dominates the sound signature BUT it doesn't touch the mids at all. They're so crystal clear. The separation is actually really amazing. Sounds like the bass is wrapped around the vocals with the treble floating on top. It has made a lot of my collection obsolete, in my mind. Things that I've really enjoyed now sound really plain and boring. Not saying that it's TOTL (because I don't have any TOTL to compare it to) but it is exactly the kind of improvement I would expect to see from the modest leap in price. I agree that I'd have been happy paying full price for them. Having them half price definitely made them a more palatable risk.

So awesome to hear. I wanted warmth and bass. Something easy on the ears.

Okay I respect your opinion. I was just quite surprised at the “build construction is unique and classy” statement.

By "Classy" I meant a simple design. Though I totally get where you are coming from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back