Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 20, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #44,131 of 75,341
I have this one (bought in April 2017): https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-diy-pk2.22394/reviews

I don't know what version it is, but should have Docomo driver.
Same, also bought April 2017, but white. If I look at my order it's no longer for sale but takes me to same item. Pretty sure they sound different, will need to dig them out and head to head them.

If the cover of the NiceHCK DIY PK2 driver is gray, it is a Docomo driver.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #44,132 of 75,341
Same, also bought April 2017, but white. If I look at my order it's no longer for sale but takes me to same item. Pretty sure they sound different, will need to dig them out and head to head them.

A direct comparison would be great! :beyersmile:

If the cover of the NiceHCK DIY PK2 driver is gray, it is a Docomo driver.

Mine is exactly the same as the one reviewed by BloodyPenguin. White with grey cover.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #44,133 of 75,341

Mine is exactly the same as the one reviewed by BloodyPenguin. White with grey cover.

Same, as per that review as well. White, with darkish grey cover. White-silvery cable (with slight flashes of green just starting to appear). They sound better than I remember I'll be keeping them out.

But to me as I thought they sound brighter when comparing the same song. The DIY SR2's sound slightly more veiled, but really nice. Could they have the same driver but other factors coming into play (eg the foam inside, or the cable)?

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #44,134 of 75,341

hows the SQ of that grey cover? warmish with emphasize mids?

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #44,135 of 75,341
hows the SQ of that grey cover? warmish with emphasize mids?

Sorry but I'm not good at describing sound, so I prefer not to risk saying misleading things.

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #44,136 of 75,341
Same, as per that review as well. White, with darkish grey cover. White-silvery cable (with slight flashes of green just starting to appear). They sound better than I remember I'll be keeping them out.

But to me as I thought they sound brighter when comparing the same song. The DIY SR2's sound slightly more veiled, but really nice. Could they have the same driver but other factors coming into play (eg the foam inside, or the cable)?

NiceHCK DIY PK2 with gray cover driver and with white cable is "Version 2". The cable of this earbuds is silver plated, so this earbuds sound brighter.
The driver of DIY SR2 earbuds is different from Docomo driver, and The name of the driver of DIY SR2 earbuds is SR2.

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:42 PM Post #44,138 of 75,341
I have all my earbuds in little cases with a label on each one, otherwise I would go mad

Aug 20, 2019 at 5:45 PM Post #44,139 of 75,341
20190820_224420[1].jpg

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:40 PM Post #44,140 of 75,341
Aug 21, 2019 at 12:13 AM Post #44,141 of 75,341
Need some suggestions regarding earbuds under and between $10-$50.

Sound Signature preference:

1. Balanced sound.
2. Balanced sound with slightly boosted mid-bass (not bass-head territory at all) and without any lower/upper treble peak.

Aug 21, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #44,142 of 75,341
Aug 21, 2019 at 1:43 PM Post #44,143 of 75,341
I hope you all are tolerant of a dumb question or two. Do you use these earbuds to listen to your CDs and LPs or are these products basically just for portable use?

I am trying to plan for the day when I don't have room for my stereo speakers. I've never been able to listen to headphone for long periods (fatigue?) but I don't have a problem listening to the cheapo earbuds that came with my MP3 player. Fidelity of coarse is another problem. Is finding a set of earbuds to replace speakers in my stereo expecting too much? I will be 70 my next birthday, so my hearing is probably not what it used to be but I at least like to pretend.

Thanks and again I hope you don't mind the questions.

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #44,145 of 75,341
I hope you all are tolerant of a dumb question or two. Do you use these earbuds to listen to your CDs and LPs or are these products basically just for portable use?

I am trying to plan for the day when I don't have room for my stereo speakers. I've never been able to listen to headphone for long periods (fatigue?) but I don't have a problem listening to the cheapo earbuds that came with my MP3 player. Fidelity of coarse is another problem. Is finding a set of earbuds to replace speakers in my stereo expecting too much? I will be 70 my next birthday, so my hearing is probably not what it used to be but I at least like to pretend.

Thanks and again I hope you don't mind the questions.

I use my buds at home with various sources. My newly acquired Rose Masya very much reminds me of a good full sized open headphone.. Fit is very important though. Some people cannot wear them.

I actually can enjoy music for hours on end with most of the buds in my list... some costing less than $10.

Having said that, I do have to confess that I will forever miss the stereo system that I left behind in Michigan. Those old Advent Heritage floor standing speakers were a treasure. People still refurbish them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back