Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 29, 2018 at 10:33 PM Post #38,507 of 75,272
second more in dept impressions of the OURART ACG - no sub bass(you will get tight and punchy mid and upper bass), the kick drums have no meat to them, incredibly fast, very high level of details(it can pick up the smallest nuances in the recordings), wide open soundstage, imaging with surgical precision, very transparent mids with a touch of sweetness, very good treble but a little bit rough sounding if the recording is not well mastered
i got them to be used on a desktop instead of full size open headphone for comfort reasons, overall they are excellent when i don't need isolation

I have them and I find them excellent

Dec 30, 2018 at 4:51 AM Post #38,509 of 75,272
Any replacment in SQ to Sennheiser MX985 ?

I'm using now MX 475 they are super clean and very detail very similar to MX 985 but they little lack of bass, MX 985 was better in bass as I remember, but there is no way to buy them again :frowning2: damn Sennheiser.

Maybe some petition to Sennheiser to start produce MX 985 again ?

Last edited:
Dec 30, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #38,511 of 75,272
Hey I hope this is the correct place to ask.

Can someone who is knowledgeable PLEASE recommend me a new earbud.

For reference, i've used the EMX500 and i love the size the fit the everything of them and the sound is alright but I feel they could be better. My characterization of what i feel they are missing is richness or a little deeper sound. Depth? Something along those lines.

If english is not your common language this translation probably makes no sense lol.

I have a price of 100 USD$
I can EASILY use ebay and amazon USA.
Aliexpress/ is harder for me and i'd much prefer ebay/amazon links to buy from! THANK YOU SO MUCH.

tl;dr EMX500 but deeper/richer but the rest of the emx500 or the sound signature is fine! THANKS

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #38,512 of 75,272
Any replacment in SQ to Sennheiser MX985 ?

I'm using now MX 475 they are super clean and very detail very similar to MX 985 but they little lack of bass, MX 985 was better in bass as I remember, but there is no way to buy them again :frowning2: damn Sennheiser.

Maybe some petition to Sennheiser to start produce MX 985 again ?

I would say your best bet would be to try and get a request up on Massdrop.. with a bunch of luck they might get Sennheiser to release a Massdrop version. If you do so, let us know: I would gladly add myself to the request.

Dec 30, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #38,515 of 75,272
The new one from the Lucky bag from “that” store is pretty good. Sounds like a better version of the Tonking TY2. A nice poopmfy energy and good in the bass mids and treble.
can you give me link or the actual name? i'm not knowledgeable about all of the new earbuds. Just want something thats the same as the emx500 but better for less than 100! TYTYTY

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #38,516 of 75,272
Dec 30, 2018 at 1:19 PM Post #38,517 of 75,272
I'll admit that I haven't heard the EMX500, but I do have, and really like, the Svara-L (32Ω), which are currently $64.80 on AliExpress.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/201...or-Earbud-Earphone-With-MMCX/32810127070.html
For my ears, I get the best seal / fit / sound using a donut foam over a full foam.

Searched both Amazon and eBay, and neither one has any vendors selling the Svara-L Earbuds.
I was also recommended those i believe by another online guy.
Do you know of anywhere I can post to get money through to aliexpress? my situation is i have a like refillable credit card called AMEX SERVE. it's only allowed in the USA so i can buy in aliexpress where it goes to hongkong/china. I'm sure now some website should allow me to do what im asking. ( use my USA card to get a card i can use overseas aka china aka aliexpress aka svara L) THANKS

Dec 30, 2018 at 1:59 PM Post #38,518 of 75,272
I was also recommended those i believe by another online guy.
Do you know of anywhere I can post to get money through to aliexpress? my situation is i have a like refillable credit card called AMEX SERVE. it's only allowed in the USA so i can buy in aliexpress where it goes to hongkong/china. I'm sure now some website should allow me to do what im asking. ( use my USA card to get a card i can use overseas aka china aka aliexpress aka svara L) THANKS

It looks like that AliExpress shop has got 16 different payment methods listed (some appear to be country specific) - so you might try clicking on Contact Seller > Contact Now to see if they can help. I'm sure they'll do what they can, to get your money. :wink:

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #38,519 of 75,272
It looks like that AliExpress shop has got 16 different payment methods listed (some appear to be country specific) - so you might try clicking on Contact Seller > Contact Now to see if they can help. I'm sure they'll do what they can, to get your money. :wink:
lol ill try to msg them, the problem is my credit card will go to hong kong or china, wherver they are located and then it gets blocked. only works in usa. Maybe ill ask them to post it to ebay? I can buy ebay giftcards with my card. what about earbuds? u know anyothers then the svara l? just something better than the emx500 :D

Dec 30, 2018 at 2:56 PM Post #38,520 of 75,272
lol ill try to msg them, the problem is my credit card will go to hong kong or china, wherver they are located and then it gets blocked. only works in usa. Maybe ill ask them to post it to ebay? I can buy ebay giftcards with my card. what about earbuds? u know anyothers then the svara l? just something better than the emx500 :D

I think one of the options is direct bank transfer, but I don't see PayPal listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back