Earbuds Round-Up
Nov 9, 2018 at 2:07 AM Post #37,381 of 75,383
I asked Blox about choosing between TM9 or their new YIN earbud for classical music.
we only use new driver for YIN, the rest(cable, jack are the same)

Yin give a better clarity and detailed while still smooth.
faster speed and more weight of impact, sound stage is similar.
so over all they are more engaging.

Both are good for classical musics if you like a laid back sound then you
can go with the TM9 but if you like more engaging and topnotch clarity
then you can go with the YIN.
over all YIN hold a better technical
I'm going to order a YIN.
I confirm. I used the Yin prototype for a few weeks. TM-9 is too soft to compare. TM-9 owners complains ... This has been fixed in Yin. IMHO

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 3:10 AM Post #37,382 of 75,383
TM-9 is too soft to compare. TM-9 owners complains ... This has been fixed in Yin. IMHO
Yeah, that was my biggest complaint about TM9, overly smooth, no energy and nothing impressive from technical point of view.
It looks like a confession from Mr Woo himself by releasing these Yin so quick after TM9. It would be fair if he'd offers discount for the TM9 owners because to be honnest I think these TM9 are a fail.

Nov 9, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #37,383 of 75,383
I'm going through my options for 11.11 and I'm pretty much not going to buy any high end buds. I seriously doubt anything on Ali is going to completely outclass the ZOE or Samsara, or a couple of others I have, so I'm aiming for the Linsoul (or the Fengru PK1), catching up with some of the thread faves, the EMXs500's, the RY4S UE, and the Snow Lotus 1.0+. I also fancy that sandalwood one I mentioned earlier this week that MB Wilson has. Still torn as whether to buy a Toneking TO200/400 or Svara-L. Hmmm.

Anything I missed? :)

Nov 9, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #37,384 of 75,383
I'm going through my options for 11.11 and I'm pretty much not going to buy any high end buds. I seriously doubt anything on Ali is going to completely outclass the ZOE or Samsara, or a couple of others I have, so I'm aiming for the Linsoul (or the Fengru PK1), catching up with some of the thread faves, the EMXs500's, the RY4S UE, and the Snow Lotus 1.0+. I also fancy that sandalwood one I mentioned earlier this week that MB Wilson has. Still torn as whether to buy a Toneking TO200/400 or Svara-L. Hmmm.

Anything I missed? :)

The Fengru PK1, RY4S UE and SvaraL are the ones I'm familiar with from your list, and they are the main three I've been mainly listening to lately, so I think you're on the right track :)

Personally, I'm on the fence about the Samsara, as I've heard good things, but I've heard not such good things. And they are rather pricey.

I'm still very interested in the Vunbud though.

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:23 PM Post #37,385 of 75,383
The Fengru PK1, RY4S UE and SvaraL are the ones I'm familiar with from your list, and they are the main three I've been mainly listening to lately, so I think you're on the right track :)

Personally, I'm on the fence about the Samsara, as I've heard good things, but I've heard not such good things. And they are rather pricey.

I'm still very interested in the Vunbud though.

Ahh! The mysterious Vunbud. Yeah, I saw that on Rholupat, but it sold out quickly and I missed out. I would buy one if another batch appeared. I also love that VJC cable that is on some of the other buds Ahdi sells, so could be tempted one of those. I'll need to wait until 11.11 is out the way though!

Nov 9, 2018 at 1:54 PM Post #37,387 of 75,383
Ue4ksvd.jpg

Hello round-up.
RY4S(white cable) has arrived. It's soft cable and big plugs.Sound is I feel almost the same.maybe...Maybe? because left RY4S is broken.
Sound is not detailed or rough. But RY4S is flashy and energetic, it makes me feel fun.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 3:52 PM Post #37,389 of 75,383
I've been gone for a long time. I have the original VE Monk that I bought for $5. What's the best earbud for $10 or less with a similar sound sig? Will use with desktop, no amp nor dac.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2018 at 5:07 PM Post #37,390 of 75,383
I've been gone for a long time. I have the original VE Monk that I bought for $5. What's the best earbud for $10 or less with a similar sound sig? Will use with desktop, no amp nor dac.

Best with similar signature is the VE Monk :)

Many would suggest though that the best under $10 would the RY4S (UE cable).

Nov 9, 2018 at 5:52 PM Post #37,391 of 75,383
Nov 9, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #37,392 of 75,383
Nov 9, 2018 at 7:00 PM Post #37,393 of 75,383
I found these. They probably came with my S7 Edge, and I just threw them in my bud-box:

I'm either drunk, crazy, or both, but with a bit of bass boost, they are sounding pretty good to me! And, they are pretty comfortable.

That's it - I'm selling off all of my gear!

A bit smaller than I liked but those are good buds if you got the fit and some seal to get the bass they can have. Probably in between the Vido/Monk range and the Snow-lotus 1/0+/PT25. On par with the Philips SHE4205. Just needed bigger attachments, even these were too small for me...
75-866-033-16.jpg

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:12 PM Post #37,394 of 75,383
Totally OT, but if anyone is looking for a simple, inexpensive yet awesome desktop USB DAC, condider Massdrop's Grace Designe SDAC:
https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-grace-design-standard-dac

I just got it hooked up, and listening to Radiohead's Moon Shaped Pool. Wow, I should have gotten it a long time ago.

Sorry to go a bit off topic... What did it end up costing you to get it over the border? I've been eyeing this but am also looking at other budget-friendly options...

thanks!

:)

Nov 9, 2018 at 7:23 PM Post #37,395 of 75,383
Sorry to go a bit off topic... What did it end up costing you to get it over the border? I've been eyeing this but am also looking at other budget-friendly options...

thanks!

:)

I did get hit with $9.95 handling fees and $12.58 taxes. Sigh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back