Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 15, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #35,011 of 75,351
Sep 15, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #35,013 of 75,351
Here's a list of all the buds I have tried (mine and others') listed in my order of preference (price not a factor).

Also, you may find some differences between my testin and order of preference - for example, I've rated AHE-150 4 stars and WillSound MK2 as 4.5 but prefer the former more. MK2 is technically sound, but I find the AHE-150 more fun.

Here's goes:
- Moonbuds Bunting
- Moonbuds Nightingale
- Airman AHE-150
- Willsound MK2
- Moonbuds Crescent
- HiFiBoy Dream
- V-Friend V-Oldy
- Willsound MK3
- Moonbuds Laze
- Ty Hi-Z650
- Ourart Ti7
- V-Friend V-Master
- Willsound MK300
- Audio Varna Mera Biru
- Willsound MK1
- Red Demun
- VE Monk Lite 120
- Willsound PK32
- EMX 500
- Edifier H180
- Willsound MX32
- VE Monk Plus
- Bejo V2
- Mrice E100
- Headroom MS16

Cool!

For fun I went through all the earbuds I have owned through the years, I think I included everything, and made in a list in my profile page.

80 different earbuds, excluding spare pairs, have been sold or given away through the years.

Right now I try to cut down my collection even further, aiming toward 10 pairs (I currently own 17 pair and just sold my vintage Aiwa HP D9 + NiceHCK Graphene as a bonus).

That means 97 different models. Blox TM9 is on the way (hopefully not lost) and I "accidentally" signed up for the Simphonio Dragon 2+ on Massdrop for $199.99. Even if customs and import taxes exceed $50 it will still be cheaper than buying them at regular price.

So with those two I'll only be 1 away from 100 different earbuds through the years! And in the last few years I do not buy everything released like I did 4-5 years ago. (I still think @golov17 and @ClieOS beat me by miles, you guys must be close to 150 pairs of earbuds!)

Who said that the earbud market is dead?

I am not sure if I could rank all of my earbuds through the years. I just stick to a top 10 of the ones I currently own. The earbuds I sell are most often ones I do not like. Sometimes I can sell earbuds that I like but do not use much. In the case of vintage earbuds I sold them to get money to buy new earbuds.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 6:22 AM Post #35,014 of 75,351
cant dont give up .. it was too interesting, for example, how sounds some radiobuds.. :deadhorse: :darthsmile:
P80915-151114-001.jpg

Sep 15, 2018 at 6:53 AM Post #35,015 of 75,351
cm707 were very disappointing ... I would like to first wait for some reviews on them .. the price is high, after all ..

It's not out yet though. It comes out on October 19th.
I can't go the store that weekend, but I intend to test it out on the 27th of October, I should have some free time to pop by the store then.
I'm not holding my breathe either though, I don't see what they are bringing that's new to the earbud world except slick removable cables...
It probably has the Audio Technica house sound, a Japanese neutral with extended high-mids for squeaky J-pop female vocals.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:35 AM Post #35,018 of 75,351
(I still think @golov17 and @ClieOS beat me by miles, you guys must be close to 150 pairs of earbuds!)

You underestimated me, try 220+, and I still have everyone of them. :ghost: I am crazy that way.

Sep 15, 2018 at 7:46 AM Post #35,019 of 75,351
^^^ if you are a domestic & can understand TB!
Imo it was a great strategy by Jim to release EB2 as fukubukuro - it certainly created a whirlwind (not a red mist!) lol!

you don't really need to be domestic to buy from TB, I've spent thousands there using agents to purchase for me. A higher fee than the usual TB site purchaser like entaobao, but I like having an agent to help me liaise with the seller in case of problems.

though in the case for the EB2, doesn't really matter since there's the HF/FB discount now and get them even cheaper on ali than from TB.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 8:29 AM Post #35,022 of 75,351

How do you guys think the EB2 looks better, silver or black? I was able to cancel my order yesterday, luckily because the black color is back but even better: there is a 25% discount going on. I just have to decide on the color. I think silver looks better because the cable is silver too and the black looks kinda cheap but I havent seen it in real life so I dont know.

Sep 15, 2018 at 8:30 AM Post #35,023 of 75,351
I would like to hear the difference between this and say EB2. I doubt the high price is justified, that is insane for some earbuds :ksc75smile:
I would like to hear the difference between this and say EB2. I doubt the high price is justified, that is insane for some earbuds :ksc75smile:
Not unlike comparing the HD6XX/HD58X to say the HD800. Is the extra ~$600 justified? Up to the listener and how much you value the small details I guess.

Not saying this particular bud will live up to its TOTL price but in general the case is how much you value small improvements all round.

Hence why I'll probably be buying the new $400+ K's bud in 2 months :)

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2018 at 8:38 AM Post #35,025 of 75,351
What is a DLC diaphragm and how will it contribute to the sound? I only know of DLC from video games (download content), and it is not usually great :p
You pay the small price of $26.99 to unlock extra frequencies :wink:

In seriousness though I see that it's an abbreviation for diamond-like carbon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back