Earbuds Round-Up
Jun 13, 2018 at 2:41 PM Post #32,026 of 75,323
just received my pk32. Soundstage width is good but depth is missing. I feel it s not as intimate and analog as the Shozy BK. Shozy are a step up IMHO. May be I would like a tad more sub bass . Mids and high are pleasant But all this is at first listen.

Give them some playtime, the sound changes after 40-50 hrs. 100hrs is ideal. Compared to the mks, the pks change more with usage.

Interested in knowing a comparison between a fully burned in Shozy and pk32. How much hours of usage do your shozy have now?

Jun 13, 2018 at 2:50 PM Post #32,027 of 75,323
Give them some playtime, the sound changes after 40-50 hrs. 100hrs is ideal. Compared to the mks, the pks change more with usage.

Interested in knowing a comparison between a fully burned in Shozy and pk32. How much hours of usage do your shozy have now?
Oh my Shozy have hundreds of hours now. I think I bought them 2 years ago. I will give the PK32 more time.

Jun 13, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #32,028 of 75,323
I

Willsound haha
Ok, thanks! Which version specifically? And what about other Toneking/Musicmaker products, like Ting, Tomahawk or TO- earbuds? I'm asking because TP16 had astonishing build quality for the price.

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:01 PM Post #32,029 of 75,323
Back from my taipei trip and came home to delivered 'Panda PK2s'. Really blown away by these. Granted the only buds I have now are the EMX500s and the Monk Lite models but I liked those enough. These though are just amazing. I really like the 'Shozy' style shell as well. Are the Willsound's significantly better than these?

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:22 PM Post #32,030 of 75,323
Back from my taipei trip and came home to delivered 'Panda PK2s'. Really blown away by these. Granted the only buds I have now are the EMX500s and the Monk Lite models but I liked those enough. These though are just amazing. I really like the 'Shozy' style shell as well. Are the Willsound's significantly better than these?
How does PK2s compared to emx500s?

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:42 PM Post #32,031 of 75,323
How does PK2s compared to emx500s?
I'm terrible at describing audio equipment so maybe listen to anyone else who replies to this instead of me, but I think the bass of the emx500s is really impressive that it makes a strong first impression as people are surprised at the output. The SQ isn't bad either but I think especially for the price, people are surprised at the results from an earbud. Pandas are just all around impressive though. Sound objectively better IMO and donuts made the bass emx500s level (which after listening with normal foams I find to be too much, so will probably remove them). Would be surprised if there is anything similarly priced or priced lower than beats these and I would actually recommend peeople just pass on any 10-15$ FAAEL model or whatever they are interested in and sped a bit more for these.

That said, at another $10 increase, maybe the Willsounds everyone has been ordering are much better, so curious about the comparison between those as well.

Jun 13, 2018 at 7:58 PM Post #32,032 of 75,323
That said, at another $10 increase, maybe the Willsounds everyone has been ordering are much better, so curious about the comparison between those as well.

I can't tell you the difference (I don't have the pk2), but it is obvious that you are going to be getting one of the willsounds one of these days. Resistance is indeed useless lol

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:30 PM Post #32,034 of 75,323
I can't tell you the difference (I don't have the pk2), but it is obvious that you are going to be getting one of the willsounds one of these days. Resistance is indeed useless lol
Normally you'd be right but I've come to find spending money on minor alternative earbuds or iems to be pretty wasteful for me. I'll only ever use a couple of pairs in different situations so I've no desire to amass a collection of things I won't use lol. If the willsounds aren't some massive upgrade then I'm fine with passing on them.

There are other factors like wanting to try other form factors or whatever but of course this is almost never the case for earbuds rather than IEMs.

Jun 13, 2018 at 9:51 PM Post #32,035 of 75,323
Normally you'd be right but I've come to find spending money on minor alternative earbuds or iems to be pretty wasteful for me. I'll only ever use a couple of pairs in different situations so I've no desire to amass a collection of things I won't use lol. If the willsounds aren't some massive upgrade then I'm fine with passing on them.

There are other factors like wanting to try other form factors or whatever but of course this is almost never the case for earbuds rather than IEMs.
I owned the PK2s. It was nice after burn in but undeniably a more mid centric sound than the emx500 and even the shozy bk. Thick smooth mids is what you get at the cost of some extension and emphasis on both ends. Although with some EQ in bass and treble it was pretty solid all arounder.

I’m wondering if anyone messed around with EQ on their shozy BK. With how linear the frequency response seems to be and it’s quality in detail if you could EQ in some upper treble and sub bass would it balance out and become incredibly neutral? Also since hearing them originally I have learned foam tricks I didn’t know before to help with the soundstage and treble extension which may come in handy for the BK, cannot wait to try my BK again it’s been quite a long time and as that was one of my first TOTL earbuds I’m wondering if experience with other buds will change my impression of them at all. Kinda exciting to find out :)

Also waiting to see if the willsounds are indeed a massive upgrade over all the buds mentioned (Shozy bk excluded, ill be happy if it even matches them at the price gap)

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 2:28 AM Post #32,036 of 75,323
Where do you order willsound buds from?

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:09 AM Post #32,038 of 75,323
just received my pk32. Soundstage width is good but depth is missing. I feel it s not as intimate and analog as the Shozy BK. Shozy are a step up IMHO. May be I would like a tad more sub bass . Mids and high are pleasant But all this is at first listen.

Interesting to see that at least you have bass on your pair then. I agree with mids and highs, even if highs have some rolloff at the upper end. Some details are lacking in some of my usual tracks compared to my MK2 rev2.
Where I'm never disapointed on Willsoud earbuds is clearly the "natural" sound they all produce.
Anyway, I will wait my replacement pair before making final judgement on PK32.

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:44 AM Post #32,039 of 75,323
Ok, thanks! Which version specifically? And what about other Toneking/Musicmaker products, like Ting, Tomahawk or TO- earbuds? I'm asking because TP16 had astonishing build quality for the price.

got the Toneking TO180 a few weeks back, definitely loving them. Great build quality and the included cable is really good, barely any microphonics. Mid-forward sound sig for my daily listening pleasure.

Jun 14, 2018 at 2:48 PM Post #32,040 of 75,323
Today I'm listening to the Willsound 300 rev 2, they have about 30hrs on them now. They're balanced and the Soundstage width is immense, it's like being in a mini concert. The bass is well rounded, good quality. Not extended like the mks and the mids are full and engaging. Very easy listening fatigue free fun earbud.

They are excellent for acoustic , folk and atmospheric music. Bands like Fleet Foxes, CSNY, Bon Iver, Sufjan Stevens sound downright gorgeous on these.

Bands like Haken , Bent Knee, Plastic Picnic sound spacious and smooth, with everything happening in the midrange magnified greatly without any fatigue. Especially enjoying them with progressive rock where they are upto the task of following the changing notes in music.

While they don't have the sub bass oomph of the mks, what differentiates them is the analogue and spacious presentation of music with very good clarity and good fast mid bass which is more than enough to keep things interesting. Also, my ears dont ring even after hearing them for long sessions. This makes them very special for me.

They drive pretty easily off my lg v20 using the uapp player and trigger its high impedance mode.

Edit : Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin just came up on my tidal list. The presentation is natural and engaging with breathing space between instruments. Great spatial imaging. It's like watching them play in front of me with eyes closed.

Next change - Bring your Daughter to the slaughter by Iron Maiden. Again the same open presentation, very engaging. Bruce Dickinsons voice is effortless and the guitars are wide and electric. There's not a lot of mid bass in the song, the drum hits are all about subbass. Not as full filling as a mk, but enough to keep it engaging.

Edit again : The Rover, Led Zeppelin - very enjoyable. These buds are great for classic rock as well.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back