Earbuds Round-Up
Apr 16, 2018 at 10:16 PM Post #30,271 of 75,149
it is hard to grasp because it is hard to describe. This is one of two earbuds (*the other one is TM7) that words alone doesn't quite do justice to its sound signature. You really have to listen to it to understand - it will be like trying to describe a asymmetrical 3D object with 2D vocabulary and every time you thought you get it right, you really only getting one side correctly.

Someone else may need to order it and attempt to describe the beast... lol. I'm tempted though. Another user I've PM'ed praised it's soundstage too, described it as an all rounder, and being heavily source dependent.

However, I ended up finding someone selling a balanced Liebesleid for cheaper than what was on Amazon (and offered EMS shipping!), so I went for that. As I recall, I only had the DX200's AMP1 last time I owned the unbalanced version, so it'll be interesting to see how much it improves with AMP4 (even though my memory of it is more faint now), which I consider a huge step up.

Apr 16, 2018 at 10:28 PM Post #30,272 of 75,149
Does anyone knows where I can the foam given together with the monk+ ? I tore a few of them while putting it in, very fragile but I like the sound it gives, I want to use it with my bs1 official

I got the monk+ recently and for the price to performance it's a big WOW!
MVIMG_20180415_113813.jpg

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:03 PM Post #30,273 of 75,149
Does anyone knows where I can the foam given together with the monk+ ? I tore a few of them while putting it in, very fragile but I like the sound it gives, I want to use it with my bs1 official

I got the monk+ recently and for the price to performance it's a big WOW!
Venture Electronics VE Monk Plus Earbud Hifi Headphone In ear Earphone
http://s.aliexpress.com/aeqYBZji
(from AliExpress Android)S80417-080236.jpg

Apr 16, 2018 at 11:21 PM Post #30,275 of 75,149
Someone else may need to order it and attempt to describe the beast... lol. I'm tempted though. Another user I've PM'ed praised it's soundstage too, described it as an all rounder, and being heavily source dependent.

However, I ended up finding someone selling a balanced Liebesleid for cheaper than what was on Amazon (and offered EMS shipping!), so I went for that. As I recall, I only had the DX200's AMP1 last time I owned the unbalanced version, so it'll be interesting to see how much it improves with AMP4 (even though my memory of it is more faint now), which I consider a huge step up.

my friend purchased them (the SWD2 +) and hopefully gonna arrive in the next few week. I'll give my impression when he lend them to me

Apr 17, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #30,279 of 75,149
thanks mate!
You may want to try the cheap thin aliexpress foams while you are at it. Same essence as the old monk thin foam, slightly more revealing of texture but slightly less smooth and slightly less transparent sounding.

Compared to the newest monk thin foams they are better in transparency and detail. New monk thins smooth out the sound and are thicker than the old. Not my favourite honestly but can work with certain earbuds well.

http://s.aliexpress.com/veMv6jMb

For $1/100 foams it’s a no brainer.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #30,281 of 75,149
Hello, im new in this forum and finding a recommendation to this:

Im using a VE Monk earbuds and they are awesome, but im looking for a better earbuds to use with my Fiio A1 and Fiio M3 (only classic earbuds, no noise reduction or foams), like this:

1.- Android controls, microphone and volume control & resistant cable
2.- No foam earbuds, no noise reductor, classic earbuds only
3.- Better quality sound than VE Monk earbuds, if is possible with accesories
4.- Between $50 and $100

Please, i need every models, no matter if is chinese or american, i want to compare models and read. Thanks!

Apr 17, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #30,282 of 75,149
Just received today my pairs of Willsound MK1 & MK2 (both rev 2) ! :)

Build quality is very good, but in favor of the MK1 (in a beautiful red cable and better finish, while termination jack looks better on the MK2).

On first listening, clearly, MK2 wins. I’m a bit deceived by MK1. I hoped better.

MK1 is clearly designed for relaxing listening (no clarity, not bright, thin soundstage). Looks better for pop musics I would say as well as Piano, instrumental, etc, while MK2 is more balanced and for all genres (EDM also). MK2 has a very good (but not exaggerated) soundstage but both earbuds compared to EMX500S definitely lacks sub-bass. EMX500S is always the most complete sound, the only thing I don’t like is the “extreme” soundstage (a bit like a 3D sphere), but excels everywhere and sounds like full headphones due to sub-bass being present.

I really enjoy currently MK2 sound. Even if it lacks sub-bass, they a still slightly more present than MK1.

MK2 is an all rounder earbud. It has the most impressive listening experience (from all my earbuds).

It has the right amount of everything and lacks nothing. MK1 is more dark sound I would say, it’s more boring but at the same time for very long listening experience, MK1 is still good tho.

MK1 is another grid than the most commons EMX500S & MK2 grids (will maybe take a photo to show you guys if interested). I don’t know if this grid muffle a bit the MK1 drivers, I’m pretty sure it could express differently with the same MK2 grill.

For now, I can’t say which is my best earbuds, but I’m pretty sure that my MK2 will be. Too bad for the sub-bass.

Foams placed on earbuds are the best sounding experience from any other included foams. They are black and extremely fragile (very very thin and spaced, to let the sound express better with a good comfort). These foams looks similar to original Monk+ foams.

They are so fragile that I already damaged very slightly two foams (even if they are still ok, too bad there is no other set like included with the same thickness).

Will try to do a further comparative with EMX500S / MK1 / MK2 (and maybe Blox BE3) soon.

Cheers’ and happy listening :smile_phones:

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #30,283 of 75,149
Do the EMX500S need burn in? I am not impressed on my initial listening session.
The PMV on the other hand that I bought during sale (14,50 euro) are amazing. Fast hitting sub bass and it has the best clarity out of all the cheapo earbuds that I own.
Not sure if i would recommend the PMV for it's current price of 23 euro though.

Apr 17, 2018 at 6:49 PM Post #30,284 of 75,149

Im using a VE Monk earbuds and they are awesome, but im looking for a better earbuds to use with my Fiio A1 and Fiio M3 (only classic earbuds, no noise reduction or foams), like this:

4.- Between $50 and $100

Please, i need every models, no matter if is chinese or american, i want to compare models and read. Thanks!
Most earbuds are designed to be used with foams and the majority of people use foams whether it’s the super thin variants or more traditional thicker foam.

I think there are a few that most consider to sound good without foams like the VE Zen or maybe the new Zen Lite although I’m not sure if you can get mic/android controls on that one.

You can go foamless with any earbud but most people would not choose to do so because the balance would be great tilted towards treble and upper mids. VE earbuds like the monk/zen are tuned very dark so it’s easier to enjoy them without foam.

Some people on this thread prefer foamless so they might be best suited to give you recommendations. Hope you find the right bud!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2018 at 8:00 PM Post #30,285 of 75,149

4.- Between $50 and $100

the best earbuds to use with no foams to me is the Zen 2..unfortunately no control buttons on them.
most earbuds that i know have control buttons are the sub $50 ones, and the one i like the most is the Neosound Soul from Thailand

Users who are viewing this thread

Back