Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #29,671 of 75,246
Yes I have been checking out the Cypherus range. Looking at the Campfred2 at the moment. As it's a small operation I believe I would expect a long delivery time to the UK? The maysa looks good and Aliexpress is quoting 7-14 days. Do you know how it would compare Vs the mojito?

Not personally, I want the Mojito though :)

Mojito is cited as the most resolving earbud around, which makes me want it more lol

Also the thing looks outright gorgeous. If you like that clear on silver look.

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #29,672 of 75,246
Campfred 2 of the three mentioned would be the best all-arounder at least for my tastes. I never really felt like it was a "jack of all trades, master of none" either. For me I really enjoyed the vocals of the Masya and enjoyed the bass, and for the Mojito enjoyed it's bass and details. The Campfred 2, however, felt like a step up for my needs. Soundstage on Mojito is the best of the three. While the Mojito is technically superior to the Masya, I honestly preferred the Masya's balancing as it suited my needs better. The Mojito can be quite bright for some, as well.

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:46 PM Post #29,673 of 75,246
Finally made up my mind and ordered som stuff. Auglamour RX-1, **** Tank and **** PT15 (to replace my old pair). I was very tempted by both EBX, TO400s and Svara but decided to not buy anything expensive. I'm probably buying Radsone ES100 within a month and thinking of ordering Aurvana Air so I should be satisfied with that. Excited to see what these budget-ish buds have to offer though!

Mar 30, 2018 at 6:48 PM Post #29,674 of 75,246
Finally made up my mind and ordered som stuff. Auglamour RX-1, **** Tank and **** PT15 (to replace my old pair). I was very tempted by both EBX, TO400s and Svara but decided to not buy anything expensive. I'm probably buying Radsone ES100 within a month and thinking of ordering Aurvana Air so I should be satisfied with that. Excited to see what these budget-ish buds have to offer though!

Congrats! And congratulations on your powers of resistance - enjoy it while you can! I bet you will love the ES100 as well :)

Mar 30, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #29,676 of 75,246
Congrats! And congratulations on your powers of resistance - enjoy it while you can! I bet you will love the ES100 as well :)

Thanks! It's good to see that you're so happy with your ES100, makes me psyched to get one. Radsone have said mid April for EU release so that's what I'm focusing on.

Edit: And as for resistance, I've bought 10 earbuds, one pair of IEMs and a pair of headphones since december. Granted that all but the IEMs were quite cheap but it's becoming difficult to justify it. And I realise it's a modest ammount in the context of this thread. :dt880smile:

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #29,677 of 75,246
Thanks! It's good to see that you're so happy with your ES100, makes me psyched to get one. Radsone have said mid April for EU release so that's what I'm focusing on.

Edit: And as for resistance, I've bought 10 earbuds, one pair of IEMs and a pair of headphones since december. Granted that all but the IEMs were quite cheap but it's becoming difficult to justify it. And I realise it's a modest ammount in the context of this thread. :dt880smile:

Ok, congrats on the lack of resistance!
:beerchug:

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:45 PM Post #29,678 of 75,246
All this talk of Aliexpress sales makes me half wish I had waited, but I only want to have one set of buds around and overall I'm quite happy with my BS1's. Fit/comfort is solid over-ear, the clarity is great, and for me they are quite simply enjoyable to listen to no matter what I throw at them. I've fallen asleep with them on multiple times now because I lay down for bed but didn't want to stop the music :beyersmile:

Mar 30, 2018 at 8:59 PM Post #29,679 of 75,246
Mar 30, 2018 at 9:21 PM Post #29,680 of 75,246
All this talk of Aliexpress sales makes me half wish I had waited, but I only want to have one set of buds around and overall I'm quite happy with my BS1's. Fit/comfort is solid over-ear, the clarity is great, and for me they are quite simply enjoyable to listen to no matter what I throw at them. I've fallen asleep with them on multiple times now because I lay down for bed but didn't want to stop the music :beyersmile:

I fall asleep with my rare earth graphenes every night :) (seriously)

I am quite surprised at how durable they have been.

Mar 30, 2018 at 9:33 PM Post #29,681 of 75,246
The Hiby dap is 300mw @32ohm but I’m not sure how that translates to 300-600 ohm gear... All I know is it’s bee considered powerful for a DAP so we shall see :)
I have the Hiby R6, and it has not had a problem driving any of the high impedance buds that I have (e.g. VE Zen). It also has a line out and coax out, so it is possible to use it with an external amp or DAC/amp combo. It is a tad on the bright side (Sabre DAC), but not intolerably so. I wish that they had used a 3.5 mm balanced jack though - I keep it in my pocket at work, and find that the 2.5 mm connector gets bent fairly easily, and then one of the channels will cut out when pressure is on the connector. So far it is a great little DAP, and has replaced my beloved iBasso because it handles larger SD cards.

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #29,682 of 75,246
These descriptions are quite funny........ graphene is just an allotrope of carbon, hardly a "rare earth" metal. :unamused:

I just updated my signature. Hope you like it! :wink:

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #29,683 of 75,246
What is everyone's favorite earbud that's fallen into obscurity? The past few days I've fallen in love with Edimun again. Picked up a Shozy Lancea to play with for $52 shipped, and that combo listening to Sufjan Stevens' John Wayne Gacy Jr. is immaculately beautiful.

that would be the red demun. i haven't touched it for quite a while. it's like an old friend to me, even if i rarely use them nowadays, it would take a considerable reasoning for me to let it go. it's a special buds

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:35 PM Post #29,684 of 75,246
Fast answer: my best buds now completely blow away the supplied Apple earpods, the Apple airpods (wireless), I'd say the RHA-750i's (from your neck of the woods), other IEMs I own as well including the Zolo by Anker Liberty+. It's a completely different sound experience from my Sennheisers which are fantastic but clamp my head like a son of a female dog. I'm really liking the feel of better buds for lengthy listening, airiness, awareness of surroundings while out (I'm listening in the grocery store for example).

Longer answer:

First, I'm no expert. I've loved music forever and have invested in some good stuff over the years. My computer speakers are Paradigm Audio Studio 20's v.3 (Canadian: $1,500+) powered by an NAD VISO Five, so even in my office I have some pretty decent sound.

I've more recently purchased some middle of the road stuff as the bang for the buck with headphones is much more family budget friends....translated as Wife Acceptance Factor. I can fire off $200 orders for gear occasionally without any guilt.

I did some research and couldn't find a single thing detailing the power capability of the Samsung Note 8. Yes they maintained the audio jack and yes they have a hi-res DAC but nothing quoting the audiophile stats of the amplifier. That tells me it would be a fail. That seanc6441 knows what's in his LG also tells me that LG is making a case for better audio. He said it's rated to 600 ohm headphones?

There's a lot more science to it especially with mobile devices serving as source, DAC and amplifier. High impedance headphones will require more voltage than a phone may want to give out given battery management. Low impedance headphones will require more current than perhaps a phone may want to give. This is all part of the wizardry of battery management by the operating systems of Google/Samsung, Apple, etc. No phone company wants a review or user reporting back: my battery lasted 1 hour once I plugged in headphones and listened to a movie, or some music. The operating system of phones probably isn't drilled down to the level of knowing what someone is listening to in such a way as to manage voltages or current to give a better listening experience to the audiophiles in us. They're totally designed for the "average consumer" unless marketed to another: Samsung and Apple aren't really bragging about the built in amplifiers in their devices. Not yet anyways. They might brag about their DAC's a little bit.

As for sound. I haven't found the Sennheiser sound in any of the buds yet. There's a "roundness" or richness to the sound I feel in Sennheiser or that's how I would describe it. I'm sensitive to higher frequency sibilance also that I don't find in Senneiser. I'm really trying to get a feel for all of these buds I ordered and again will laud the performance of the emx500s. the Monk+ are not as capable.
just look for the series mx90, omx90, lx90 from Sennheiser, I appreciate their sound, despite a bunch of new manufacturers that I have, IMHO
IMG_1519278337893.jpg

Mar 30, 2018 at 10:39 PM Post #29,685 of 75,246
29354858_10156254341444836_7415524051820003864_o.jpg

my package has arrived! got a bundle of DFR, Zen 2,and Asura 1 for basically a robbery price :dt880smile:

been listening to this setup all night and finding it hard to put down. the Zen 2 is refreshing for me, as i usually don't like dark sounding earbuds, but this is definitely a pleasant surprise. it's warm sounding and a bit rolled off on bass and treble, but still has enough of them and still clear.

and that mids...oh boy the mids...so nice to hear.

also this is the only buds that sounded the best (and in fact more headphone like) without foams at all. putting one would mess up the sound. thin foams might be passable, but i would still recommend none

Users who are viewing this thread

Back