Earbuds Round-Up
Mar 29, 2018 at 7:13 PM Post #29,582 of 75,251
You're killing me with all of these good recommendations lol! And the Willsound Mk2's are only $38 I see. Hmm!

I was also recommended the K's 300 Samsara. Somewhat out of my price range at $93 (50% discount), nevertheless I'm intrigued...

And $12 shipping.

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:28 PM Post #29,583 of 75,251
They look like art not earbuds... And you cannot put a price on good art.

That’s how I reason with my conscience after this purchase haha

but really the ling earbuds are so slick and shiny ^^

Hahaha yeah the build is fantastic, so is the sound :ksc75smile: Bought it 2 weeks before sale at full price and would gladly pay full price for another!

Hope you like them

Mar 29, 2018 at 7:55 PM Post #29,584 of 75,251
sorry for all the questions, still deciding if i want to enter the earbud game after i pretty much "finalized" my IEM lineup :)

@ctaxxxx if you heard any of the above, how would you compare them to the iBasso IT01?

I don't sorry. Most of my experience are TOTL buds around $200-$400.

If it helps, I would describe the iBasso IT01 a v-shaped signature, without any sharp treble peaks, or deep mid recession. Sub-bass is the most impressive. No mid-bass boat. I guess it's like a more balanced Vido? Female vocals are nice, male vocals not as much due to the slight lower mid recession, so it's no CampFred. It's not resolving enough for my tastes, but has me looking at the IT04 in terms of value. (...so much for sticking with cheap Chi-fi. I've made a commitment to stay under ~$500 for portable audio though!)

Edit: Oh, you have the IT01 and looking to get into earbuds. Yeah, nevermind then lol.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:22 PM Post #29,585 of 75,251
I don't sorry. Most of my experience are TOTL buds around $200-$400.

If it helps, I would describe the iBasso IT01 a v-shaped signature, without any sharp treble peaks, or deep mid recession. Sub-bass is the most impressive. No mid-bass boat. I guess it's like a more balanced Vido? Female vocals are nice, male vocals not as much due to the slight lower mid recession, so it's no CampFred. It's not resolving enough for my tastes, but has me looking at the IT04 in terms of value. (...so much for sticking with cheap Chi-fi. I've made a commitment to stay under ~$500 for portable audio though!)

Edit: Oh, you have the IT01 and looking to get into earbuds. Yeah, nevermind then lol.

haha, yeah. i was trying to get a feel for some earbuds compared to what's currently, imo, the best price/performance value in IEMs.. that i own :)

while you're here... how would you compare the IT01 to some of the TOTL earbuds like the Campfred 2, Blur something 300s and Shozy BK? would you say the Campfred 2 and/or the Blur are comparable to some similarly priced fullsize cans like the HD6xx and AKG7xx series? thanks in advance :)

to everyone: has anybody tried those weird Dunu Alpha 1 hybrids? how are the good ole Yuins holding up in today's market, particularly the PK1 and OK1? that form factor is by far the best (and sexiest!) for me, as far as earbuds go.

and speaking of form factor, how feasible would it be to "reshell" an earbud, i.e. "transplant" everything in another housing (f.e. get a campfred and a cheap pk1 diy from aliexpress, open up the former and put the driver and everything inside the housing of the latter)?

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:38 PM Post #29,586 of 75,251
haha, yeah. i was trying to get a feel for some earbuds compared to what's currently, imo, the best price/performance value in IEMs.. that i own :)

while you're here... how would you compare the IT01 to some of the TOTL earbuds like the Campfred 2, Blur something 300s and Shozy BK? would you say the Campfred 2 and/or the Blur are comparable to some similarly priced fullsize cans like the HD6xx and AKG7xx series? thanks in advance :)

to everyone: has anybody tried those weird Dunu Alpha 1 hybrids? how are the good ole Yuins holding up in today's market, particularly the PK1 and OK1? that form factor is by far the best (and sexiest!) for me, as far as earbuds go.

and speaking of form factor, how feasible would it be to "reshell" an earbud, i.e. "transplant" everything in another housing (f.e. get a campfred and a cheap pk1 diy from aliexpress, open up the former and put the driver and everything inside the housing of the latter)?
Shozy BK uses the yuin pk shell. So that’s an option if you like that shell type (I really do).

Last edited by a moderator:
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:43 PM Post #29,587 of 75,251
What other earbuds do you have? The emx500S are tempting to me, it is highly regarded in the french forum but i already have more than enough TOTL earbuds, I don't know if it's worth it.

Get them! At ~$15 or whatever the sale price on Ali is right now, I think they're a no brainer.

The TOTL earbuds I prefer them to include: Rose Masya/Mojito (personal fit issues, sturdiness [my wood Masya is okay, but Mojito/reg Masya started to crack, unglue after <1yr] - although I'd say the EMXs and Masya have very similar ss), Penon BS1 (source dependent asf, bulky wires causes earbuds to pop out all the time on the go), og Yuin PK1 (genre specific, bit dated, wires 1ft too long for portable).

I'm really excited for the Cypherus stuff to come in though, especially the RED which they work with you personally to find your "sweet spot" (but for the $$$ I'm expecting angels to sing so we'll see...)

Mar 29, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #29,588 of 75,251
Get them! At ~$15 or whatever the sale price on Ali is right now, I think they're a no brainer.

The TOTL earbuds I prefer them to include: Rose Masya/Mojito (personal fit issues, sturdiness [my wood Masya is okay, but Mojito/reg Masya started to crack, unglue after <1yr] - although I'd say the EMXs and Masya have very similar ss), Penon BS1 (source dependent asf, bulky wires causes earbuds to pop out all the time on the go), og Yuin PK1 (genre specific, bit dated, wires 1ft too long for portable).

I'm really excited for the Cypherus stuff to come in though, especially the RED which they work with you personally to find your "sweet spot" (but for the $$$ I'm expecting angels to sing so we'll see...)
Thanks
And did you find the emx500s to scale well? I see you are using the Chord mojo with it which must imply a "yes". I just want to hear from you exactly how great are the improvements :)

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2018 at 8:55 PM Post #29,589 of 75,251
Thanks
And did you find the emx500s to scale well? I see you are using the Chord mojo which must imply yes but just want to hear from you exactly how you would describe how great are the improvements

Unfortunately not as well as some of the TOTL models. For example, if you want to scale them on a proper desktop amp, I'd go for the Penon BS1s. On the Mojo the BS1s (once you get the fit right) are superb. I don't like to use flowery language to describe the sound but let's just say more than once I tried to take off the headphones I thought I was wearing only to grad a hand full of air when I was listening to the BS1s through a proper source (Tidal MQA - Dragonfly is another great sublime combo).

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:01 PM Post #29,594 of 75,251
Toneking TO400s ordered
EMX500s (another 2 on the way)
Some others as well. PT15, etc.

I love my new emx500s
It’s not even a question at these prices to own it. I’ve coincidentally been wearing mine since 7am off and on all day.

Mar 29, 2018 at 10:37 PM Post #29,595 of 75,251
Toneking TO400s ordered
EMX500s (another 2 on the way)
Some others as well. PT15, etc.

I love my new emx500s
It’s not even a question at these prices to own it. I’ve coincidentally been wearing mine since 7am off and on all day.
Which seller did you order from? I may pick one up since my original emx500 is dead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back