Earbuds Round-Up
Jan 9, 2018 at 10:17 PM Post #26,941 of 75,320
To my ears, Vido is boosted on the subbass. Not on the midbass. When comparing Vido to something like Edifier H101, Vido can notoriously sounds veiled and cloudy due to subbass overpowering the whole spectrums. Its not the case when you are not trying to compare it with the H101. However, I find the soundstage is little bigger on Vido than H101 and subbass is deeper on Vido. But definition, I would pick the H101 due to its being very clear throughout the spectrums

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2018 at 10:36 PM Post #26,942 of 75,320
I hope you like boomy bass because if the X6 = Vido then it’s gonna be a bass monster lol

Saying that it didn’t distort the mids... It was just a very strong bass response which some will love and some won’t.

the vido/yincrow can be therapeutic.. try them with deep bass electronic music, it really a head massager :)
. my Ty Hi-z 32 also have thumping bass, but the vido still wins on extension. then again, all of them compared to the Svara L, the Svara still wins on the bass department (amount and quality).

Speaking of which, I've decided to try to save up for a Rose Mojito. I'd still consider getting a Masya, which (according to what I've read) has nice bass extension, but doesn't hit anything like as hard. I'm pretty certain I'd enjoy the Masya a lot, but I'd probably still want the Mojito and it shouldn't take me too long to save up the difference.

just be wary that the mojito is ultra revealing, some might consider them piercing. it's higly specialized.. i can only tolerate them for classical or instrumental jazz. the masya has warmer tone compared to the mojito and suits larger music.

you might want to consider the Liebesleid. it sits right between the two roses: revealing almost like mojito, but warmer and can play along to all music better like the masya.

Jan 10, 2018 at 4:10 AM Post #26,943 of 75,320
My 11.11 transparent blue New Graphene finally arrived yesterday, packed in a small pouch and with additional foamies in different colors, including donuts (which I have no idea how to put on the buds). The build quality and packaging are very good for the price. :ok_hand:

I can only compare them to Vido and the first impression is that these are a step above - the soundstage is bigger and deeper, instruments and vocals are more life-like and clearer, though it took me a while to find the right combination of adjustments in Rockbox and VIPER4Android for my Xperia smartphone, which I use as a source.

I only miss that slamming bass that Vido produce with dance oriented electronic music. For example, The Prodigy sound rather anemic with New Graphenes without that deep and hard hitting lower range. On the other hand, Bad Religion's All Ages (and generally rock music) is great, full bodied and detailed with the Graphenes.

I hope the burn-in phase will bring improvement in the bass department.

Jan 10, 2018 at 6:59 AM Post #26,944 of 75,320
Hmm.. not bad, not bad for 100 bucks :trophy:
P80110-150643-001.jpg

Jan 10, 2018 at 7:17 AM Post #26,945 of 75,320
Hmm.. not bad, not bad for 100 bucks :trophy:
ohh I forgot you decided to take the plunge haha

Anything stand out on first impressions? For me it was the 3D soundstage and how it was imaging the depth really well.

Also what foams are they? the 100/$1 pack on aliexpress or something else?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #26,946 of 75,320
ohh I forgot you decided to take the plunge haha

Anything stand out on first impressions? For me it was the 3D soundstage and how it was imaging the depth really well.

Also what foams are they? the 100/$1 pack on aliexpress or something else?

textured bass, pure mids, vigorous sound, i'm impressed right now.. My choice VE foams. Always. Newest ExPack have other foams now, more high quality, recommended.

Penon foams these
P80110-150235-001.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 8:09 AM Post #26,947 of 75,320
textured bass, pure mids, vigorous sound, i'm impressed right now.. My choice VE foams. Always. Newest ExPack have other foams now, more high quality, recommended.
yeah they are slightly thicker I thought, I like them too, but also the original foams for clarity and these for better seal.

Jan 10, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #26,949 of 75,320
I’m finding myself only using VE or standard donut foams these days. Heigi and other thick dense foams lose too much airy openness and If I need to tame treble regular donut works and if I need more treble then ve foams either donut cut or just default.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:24 AM Post #26,951 of 75,320
But! I use Ling with thick foams ® © ©
Only earbud I would consider thick foam with is rose masya but even then I prefer non dense thick foam, heigi full foams are too dense for my liking, some others are more pourus.

Whenever I try thick foams I find the sound becomes too congested and bloated midrange.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 9:29 AM Post #26,952 of 75,320
Hello
I have the Diy 760 graphene, but I find them a little too big for my ears.
I am searching a smaller alternative, in a max 35 USD/ 30 EUR price range, with a similar good price/quality ratio, and a sound that would be "not too harsh" (not too bright).
What would you recommend ?
I have noticed the DIY pk2, but they are too expensive for the planned use.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:35 AM Post #26,953 of 75,320
I suggest the Moondrop Nameless. For me it's one of the best budget earbuds (i tried 20+).
Clean and natural sound, clear mids and highs. Tight bass but maybe a slight push in eq. Sub-bass is a bit lacking tough.
Also great fit, great cable. Very good quality.

EMX500 is also excellent for a more v-shaped, fun sound.

Jan 10, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #26,954 of 75,320
I suggest the Moondrop Nameless. For me it's one of the best budget earbuds (i tried 20+).
Clean and natural sound, clear mids and highs. Tight bass but maybe a slight push in eq. Sub-bass is a bit lacking tough.
Also great fit, great cable. Very good quality.

EMX500 is also excellent for a more v-shaped, fun sound.
Both are smaller than mx760 graphene ? Should mean 15mm or smaller shell.
"Natural sound" sounds good, not too harsh highs ?

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2018 at 10:16 AM Post #26,955 of 75,320
EMX500 has the classic MX500 shell. It's actually a little bit smaller than the MX760, but not a good fit for all people.
The Moondrop shell is smaller than the EMX500's and for me it has a very good fit. Confortable and stays in place.

Natural sound means a natural timbre, the opposite to artificial (like metalic sound).
Both earbuds mentioned haven't got harsh highs.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back